[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Beretta 92FS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: beretta-92fs.jpg (1MB, 1200x745px) Image search: [Google]
beretta-92fs.jpg
1MB, 1200x745px
What are the common issues and long term wear/breakages I will see with the 92FS?

I've wanted a 92FS in my collection just for the hell of it since I've always liked the way it looks.Always been a Resident Evil fan so will likely make a Samurai's Edge replica via grips and engraving. Just wondering what to expect as far as performance and longevity.

Any issues with a steel slide vs aluminum frame?

Is there an all steel frame version?
>>
File: IMG_4359.jpg (4MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4359.jpg
4MB, 3264x2448px
Uhm. The frames fine anon. Jesus christ. Its been in service since the 80s. Just buy it. Replace the locking block when ur basement dwelling ass gets to 7,000 rounds (which wont happen).
>>
File: 20161231_194903~01.jpg (142KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
20161231_194903~01.jpg
142KB, 1024x576px
Ive used M9s that dated farther back than they should have, they are fine weapons, just keep them oiled and clean
>>
>>32639265
you wont see much so long as you dont buy a junk one, just keep the one you buy in proper care. the only issues Ive ever heard about them are the safety location, too xbox huge and heavy and thats all preference anyway
>>
File: IMG_2276.jpg (965KB, 3024x1970px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2276.jpg
965KB, 3024x1970px
Some people say the trigger spring is prone too breaking, but can be remedied by a wolf trigger bar sprig, also just replace the locking block and recoil spring every 5000 rounds and you should be good, also might want to change out the extractor spring and clean the firing pin channel every now and then.
>>
>>32639265

as close to a modern-production Walther P-38 you can get.

breddy gud/10
>>
The aluminum frames are great. The only real wear/parts breakage is on the locking block, and the locking blocks on the modern 92FS are considerably improved over the ones used in the 80s. You can expect them to go 20k rounds or more.
>>
The locking block will wear out, but your ass wont shoot 8000 rounds through it, but should you manage you can afford to replace the $30 part.
>>
>>32639265
Chances are good you can't afford to buy enough ammo to wear it out.

When you get over 15,000rds through it then you can start to worry.
>>
>>32641557
>aluminum frames
wot
thought they wuz steel
>>
>>32639265
All memes aside,

>performance
the gun WILL shoot better than you can shoot it from a bench rest

>longevity
locking block, trigger spring MIGHT go out after 15,000 rounds which is more than you will ever put through it
The design is robust as fuck, it will even shoot reliably with a broken firing pin
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.