[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it worth it to buy a USP over a P30?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

File: HK.jpg (149KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
HK.jpg
149KB, 1000x750px
Is it worth it to buy a USP over a P30?
>>
>>32639244

not really, the p30 has better ergo.
>>
>>32639244
no
>>
Depends, the P30 is more comfy but arguably the USP is more reliable (not saying the P30 isn't, but the USP has a reputation for a reason). I chose the P30 (in 9mm at least) 6 years ago and I love it

In .40 though the USP is better (considering it was literally designed for .40S&W) but if you're wanting .40 your'e and idiot
>>
File: IMGP1907.jpg (483KB, 1600x1064px) Image search: [Google]
IMGP1907.jpg
483KB, 1600x1064px
>>32639244
Yes. The P30 has a mushy trigger pre-travel, long trigger reset, wobbly right side slide catch and the grip panels squish and move around as you hols the grip. Basically, it's a piece of shit. The USP is solid as fuck, though. You can't go wrong.
>>
>>32639244
The USP has a great reputation, but I like my P30 better.

>>32639342
I've owed 2 different P30s, and rented one at my local range. I didn't have any of this. You must have had a lemon.
>>
>>32639261
>>32639267
this, I own both.
>>
>>32639342
How do you like the USP compact in .40?
>>
>>32639630
>I've owed 2 different P30s, and rented one at my local range. I didn't have any of this. You must have had a lemon.
No, that's just how they're designed. Have you ever shot another gun to compare it to? I suspect not.

>>32639802
Surprisingly controllable. I briefly owned a USP40 full size and thought it had less of a recoil impulse but more flip, which seems weird to me, but the UPS40 compact feels pretty good to shoot, not too different from a 1911.
>>
>>32639244
USP is literally the most aesthetic semi auto handgun ever. that's reason enough.
>>
>>32639802
Different anon, but I love my USP compact in .40. You only lose one round over the USP compact in 9mm, and the .40 shoots soft enough it feels like shooting my full-size 9mm (which is lighter than the compact .40).
Its very comparable to a Glock 23, the Glock is going to be a bit lighter, and the slide is smaller, but they carry about the same. I think that the USP is a bit more comfortable to carry for longer periods of time because the grip isn't as bloated so it doesn't rub your love handles raw (and I'm recovering auschwitz mode.
Also, for whatever reason, its cheaper to get .357 sig HK factory barrels for the USP compact than .40 S&W barrels.
>>
>>32639925
I've shot and own many polymer pistols from different manufacturers.

I've also shot thousands of rounds through both P30s I ownd, and none of what you say is true.

>keep trolling faggot
>>
>>32640162
Name some of them, then. Post pictures of all these other guns you own. Because every single criticism I gave is true and I know these aspects of the P30 very well.

>mushy trigger pre-travel
>long trigger reset
>wobbly right side slide catch
>grip panels move around as you grip the gun

If you don't notice any of these flaws, then that's due to your own lack of observation skills.
>>
>>32640235
It honestly sounds like you're describing an airsoft gun, do you even own any real guns?
>>
On a side note is it silly to think you could CC a full size 9mm USP?
>>
File: family photo 20160503-pistols.jpg (2MB, 3248x2028px) Image search: [Google]
family photo 20160503-pistols.jpg
2MB, 3248x2028px
>>32640354
Have you ever held a P30, yes or no?
>>
>>32640235
Not the anon you're arguing with but

>anon with the anime figurines starts an autistic shitfit

imaginemyshock.fakenews
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>32640392
It's big and bulky, but it's very light. I do it all the time with no problem whatsoever.
>>
>>32640435
OK thanks. I want to get my ccw and I have always wanted to get a full size USP in 9 so it's nice to hear someone uses it in that way.
>>
>>32640525
As someone who currently owns 4 USP's and has owned 5 others, the full-size 9mm is my favorite in pretty much every aspect. I like the compact in .40 as well, but the full size 9mm is really the best shooting USP imo.
>>
>>32640235
I take it all back.

I didn't realized was dealing with a Internet firearms expert. One who built his reputation on such a reputable site.

Carry on anon, and keep pushing your YouTube knowledge.
>>
File: 1483436053280.jpg (64KB, 1024x454px) Image search: [Google]
1483436053280.jpg
64KB, 1024x454px
>>32640641
>still hasn't posted any of his own guns
I wonder why.
>>
>>32640401
Rented a few, buddy bought one recently, still have no idea what you're talking about, and neither does anyone else on the internet.

How hard is it to admit that either you're full of shit or you bought a lemon?
>>
>>32641031
>I rented one once, which makes me an expert ┐(´~`)┌
Clearly you didn't pay close attention to these relatively subtle details when you rented it. How hard is it to admit that you are not an observant person?

>my "friend" owns one
We both know this isn't true.

>HK
>making lemons
Not only do you not own or know anything about the P30, you don't know anything about HK either.
>>
>>32641088
HK makes fucktons of lemons, the USP (tactical model, even, which is supposed to be slightly nicer...) I bought based on glowing recommendations from everyone who ever talked about it was a massive pile of shit. It FTF approximately once every other magazine and then when sent for warranty I got the whole "muh limp wrist" song and dance, even though I'm 220 lbs and swapped it out to 5 other people, all bigger than I am, and all experienced shooters, with the same fucking issue. They were just too cheap to put a whole box of ammo through it. HKs are barely on par with Glocks in quality and should be priced as such (and ARE in some Euro countries), but germans are such massive cucks that their export laws inflate the price here in America.

Truthfully, and this is a hard pill for most of /k/ to swallow, Glock delivers the reliability HK claims to, at a fraction of the cost, and it deserves every bit of market share it has. If your blind devotion to being gun hipsters is more important than actual performance, more power to you. Of course, this post will likely receive at least 5 replies from people who have never held, fired, or owned an HK pistol. Fucking krauts must have Goebbels's zombie doing their PR...
>>
>>32641179
Nice bait.
>>
>>32640641
>A guy takes my unsubstantiated anecdotal argument at face value
>better throw a fit

>>32641088
the grip panels on my VP9 don't slide around at all, and my HK45 has a great trigger with less takeup than my FNX and no wobble in the slide release
Guess what, my argument has exactly the same merit as yours
>>
>>32641228
I swear to god, Stefan Molyneux has made it fifty times harder to communicate with idiots on the internet. Once someone like you gets told "not an argument" by someone smarter than you, you just repeat that phrase to everyone else you disagree with, not really understanding what it means.

Listen, cunt. I'm not making an argument. When someone says that a bird just flew past his window, he's reporting on his experience. That's not an argument. That's a statement of a fact; a piece of evidence that might be used in an argument, but not an argument in itself. There's no refutation needed or desired. If you don't like the facts, you would do well to remember that facts don't care about your feelings. You can just cry in a corner if you can't handle that.

I'm not going to argue with you about the characteristics of the P30. The truth doesn't need to be defended from idiotic doubts. You can go to a gun store or at least an HK forum if you want independent verification, but the only way for me to enlighten someone as unobservant/ignorant and as blindly convinced that he's right as you are, would be for the two of us to be in the same room and you handle a P30 under my direction.
>>
>>32641337
>this reaction to logic
I'm not the original guy
your personal experience isn't "the truth," it's an anecdote.
You ARE making an argument: you said that the P30 has X and Y characteristics and that it sucks because of this.
Your personal experience with the pistol doesn't dictate the quality of all P30's made ever just as much as my poor experience with the SIG P938 doesn't dictate the quality of all P938s at large.

"I have a P30 and mine sucked because X and Y compared to the USP" is valid as a normative statement, whereas making a postitive statement about the quality of something based on your personal experience is a fallacy.
>>
>>32641448
Just because you browsed the Wikipedia page on logic does not make you a rhetorician. Stop using words you clearly don't understand. What's going on here is you don't believe what I said and now you're emotional about it. You thought you had made up your mind in a good way about this gun, and are upset that someone would contradict you, as it damages your ego.

It's NOT that complicated to figure this shit out.
>>
>>32641568
As an outsider, you're the one using emotional appeals and anecdotal evidence
>>
File: HK USP Tactical Gardevoir.jpg (2MB, 4564x2691px) Image search: [Google]
HK USP Tactical Gardevoir.jpg
2MB, 4564x2691px
>>32639342

I wonder why they never did a 10mm USP?
>>
>>32640235
As someone who carries a p30sk and loves it, I still acknowledge that these are problems. None of that effects reliability or how it feels in my hand though so I don't care, especially since I got a ridiculous price on mine
>>
>>32641756
What do you think that even means?
>>
>>32639325
>if you're wanting .40 your'e and idiot
Why is that? No memes allowed in your response.
>ballistics similar to 45, only clearly surpassed by 45 super
>50% more capacity than USP45
>1 less round than 9mm
>>
>>32642262
Not him, but for the full size USP, I prefer .45 because the recoil just feels more predictable. The impulse is a little stronger, but there's less of a snap and flip up, like the 40 has. Plus, the USP40 has shit capacity for its size (granted, you can get 16 round jet funnel mags), while the 12 rounds in the USP45 is pretty good for the caliber. I'm not a big fan of the 9mm full size USP because it's just such a large gun for that caliber. The recoil is like nothing, but it's not like there's a scarcity of pistols out there that can handle the recoil of the "mighty" 9mm cartridge.

For compact, I prefer USP40. It doesn't snap like the full size USP40, but kicks about the same as the full size USP45. The USP9C is also good and manages recoil very well. HK did something weird with their USP45C when they gave it an 8 round magazine, and I think they ruined its practicality, but a lot of people like that gun for some reason. It handles recoil pretty well, but strikes me as not very practical, kind of like the full size USP9.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.