[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

Opinion on Springfield XDM

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_0653.png (239KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0653.png
239KB, 750x1334px
What is /k/'s opnion on the 9mm Springfield XDM? Better than glock?worse than? Pussy gun because not a 45? Discuss
>>
>>32637392
It all depends on how much you can snag it for. I don't really like the grip safety, but I've never had a problem with my XDs
>>
>>32637392
worse than a glock. Opinions are like assholes, but I've shot a fuck ton of striker pistols, the XD is the second most disappointing, followed by the Sigma.
>>
>>32637392
What's your price point and what can you snag it for? You should be at least $150 bucks under a G17/19
>>
>>32637392
You may want to look at a Canik TP9SF or a EAA Witness (hammer fired)
>>
>>32637451
Personally do not like glocks because of trump hands, but noted
>>
>>32637488
>big hands

Look in to the FNS
>>
Bought for $325. Included Case, extra magazine, speed loader, holster, and magazine holster.
>>
>>32637392

I can't find a picture, but I used an XDm 4.5 9mm for IDPA, steel challenge and USPSA matches. It's a nice gun. I thought the trigger was a little better than a Glock, the slim grip was comfortable. I never had a single issue with the grip safety. But when you look at the cost, I don't think it's worth it. If it was the same price as a Glock that'd be one thing, but it's not worth more than one.
>>
File: 1472429966555.gif (639KB, 765x759px) Image search: [Google]
1472429966555.gif
639KB, 765x759px
>>32637392
For me, the trigger is less meh than the Glock brand Glock, the grip texture is okay, the sights are easy to acquire, and the grip safety is love it or hate it. It's an okay gun.

>>32637470
>Buying Turkshit
>Ever
>>
>>32637608
Yeah that's good. There's nothing seriously wrong with them but most people do not enjoy them.

>>32637470
>buy a cheap revolver
why
>>
>>32637865
the Witness is ok, for some reason my brain said "Windicator"
>>
I quite like the grip safety because I don't have to worry about turning a safety on or off in a dangerous situation.
>>
>>32637650
http://www.powderriverprecision.com

These people make really good triggers.
>>
I like them alot. My dad wanted a glock and I redpilled him into getting a XD. He loves em. MY wife also has one and she has had 0 issues with them. We all pretty much snagged em for about 350 ish with the essentials kit.
>>
They're fine, as long as you realize you're not buying an heirloom piece or work or art.

They're people-killers, and decent ones at that. Tools.
>>
>>32637959
>I quite like the grip safety

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/988015_My_CCW_Shooting_AAR__Now_with_Moar_Graphic_Pics_on_pg_29_and_30.html

>I continued turning toward him while lowering my pistol to return fire, which evidently put the right hand directly in the line of fire as he squeezed off another round. I can only assume that my hand blocked the shot from hitting my stomach or chest as we were practically face to face at that point. It took me just a second to recover and he started retreating toward the door, backing away from me and shooting. I got two shots off as he was backing away, both missing him. I had the little problem with the next round not going off, thinking I had a jam, I ducked behind the table to clear the gun and yelled for everyone to stay down. I looked down and saw how bad my hands were as I cleared the round out, and stood back up to continue fire. (Looking back on it, I think I realized that I wasn't getting a good grip due to the screwed up hand and neglected to engage the grip safety) I continued turning toward him while lowering my pistol to return fire, which evidently put the right hand directly in the line of fire as he squeezed off another round. I can only assume that my hand blocked the shot from hitting my stomach or chest as we were practically face to face at that point. It took me just a second to recover and he started retreating toward the door, backing away from me and shooting. I got two shots off as he was backing away, both missing him. I had the little problem with the next round not going off, thinking I had a jam, I ducked behind the table to clear the gun and yelled for everyone to stay down. I looked down and saw how bad my hands were as I cleared the round out, and stood back up to continue fire. (Looking back on it, I think I realized that I wasn't getting a good grip due to the screwed up hand and neglected to engage the grip safety)
>>
>>32638487
> I can only assume that my hand blocked the shot from hitting my stomach or chest as we were practically face to face at that point

I don't think it matters what safety I have if I get shot in my fucking shooting hand mid fight

And I have the gun, if you grip the back of the gun with any force it turns off the safety, so I can only assume he was missing the back of his hand or was holding the gun like he had claw hands.
>>
>>32638557

Reading comprehension, the grip safety disabled the gun when he needed it, it absolutely matters. If he had any gun without a grip safety, he would have mag dumped rather than fleeing and getting shot 5 times.
>>
File: image_21.jpg (396KB, 1315x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image_21.jpg
396KB, 1315x2048px
>>32638487
>1911
>>
File: trash2.gif (3MB, 390x293px) Image search: [Google]
trash2.gif
3MB, 390x293px
>>32637392
>phone poster
>too retarded to even download an image
>just screenshot my shit up
>>
>>32639118
im a nomrie
>>
>>32637392
Wish they'd ditch the grip safety and dropped to 350 or so and they'd sell like hotcakes
>>
>>32637392
Better than when it was Croatian and $100 cheaper
>>
File: 316488518htXscJ_fs.jpg (446KB, 727x894px) Image search: [Google]
316488518htXscJ_fs.jpg
446KB, 727x894px
>>32639104
>grip safety
>>
>>32637865
>EAA Witness
>Revolver

t. noguns
>>
>>32639176
i like the grip saftey cause i dont have to worry about forgetting saftey
>>
>>32639177
uh anon, they are still croatian
>>
XDM is okay imo. Trigger is nicer than other striker fired handguns I've shot and or finger fucked. While I'm not a fan of the grip safety, you really have to have a real fucked up grip to not have it work. Outside of those two things it's just like any other striker fired handgun on the market. Really just comes down to what you like. I know this advice is offered often, but really do try and put multiple rounds through various handguns before deciding. Not only is it good practice, but it really does give you the best idea of what you like.
>>
>>32639177
>Still says made in croatia on the slide
>"Durr hurr I liked it bettur wen it twas mad in buttfuckistan"
Did you practice being this stupid or was it a gift?
>>
>>32639409
*Frame*
Excuse the response
>>
>>32639409
>>32639254

My point is that when it was the HS-2000 or whatever it was marketed as, it was more aggressively priced than it is now as a "Springfield" pistol.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.