[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are dime drills still a viable training method?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

File: size0.jpg (26KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
size0.jpg
26KB, 640x427px
Are dime drills still a viable training method?
>>
>>32633718
Why wouldn't they be? It teaches trigger control better than most methods. At least with handguns.
>>
Can someone explain what this is?
I have no idea
>>
>>32634086
>balance dime on end of barrel
>dont let it fall of while pulling trigger/holding rifle
>>
>>32634086
You place a dime on the barrel then pull the trigger on an unloaded gun but cocked gun, if the dime doesn't fall off you passed

I don't see why the dime drill wouldn't be viable anymore
>>
>>32634103
>>32634106
Thx bois
>>
>>32633718
yes, very much so. Anyone who disagrees is wrong.
>>
Yes, its still a good method. Aren't larger coins supposed to be more difficult because movements are magnified by the size?
>>
>>32633718

Absolutely. We run them all the time.
>>
>>32633718
Not unless a simpler, more cost effective method has been invented
>>
>>32633718
Yes. As long as you place it at the end of the barrel/slide
>>
>>32635544
I run nickel drills when times are tough.
>>
>Never heard of this
>Try it just now
>It's piss retardly easy.
Probably a good reason I've never heard of something this asinine before.
>>
>>32635811
the goal isnt to do it once. if you can keep your gun steady for a minute while pulling the trigger youve got it made.
>>
>>32635842
I just walked around with the fucking house with it on, amigo. Shit's stupidly easy.

Why are most gun owners retards that come up with stupid "standards" of competency?
>>
>>32635609
>be me
>be 2008
>literally doing dime drills with a penny

T-thanks obama
>>
>>32633718
Used to shoot DCM, never saw a "dime drill".

Follow -through drills, and simple practice do a lot more than trying to balance shit on your tube.
>>
>>32635853
On handguns with wide, flat slides it's impossible to fail, no fucking shit.
>>
>>32635928
Try it on the front sight, Its what I do with my revolver. Still easy but defiantly takes some effort with a DA trigger pull.
>>
>>32635609
Kek
>>
I do this on my 92FS but the fucking dime always falls. Advice?
>>
>>32635842
I just backflipped around the fucking room with it, amigo. Shit's stupidly easy.
>>
>>32635946
buy a pistol that doesn't have a grip the size of a cinderblock
>>
>>32635946

Glue
>>
>>32635946
>Dat 63 pound, 3 kilometer long trigger pull.

Sorry senpai, more practice for you.
>>
The way we used to do it was with a dime at the end of a cleaning rod hanging out the barrel. How do other people do it?
>>
Used to do them walking with the dime on the barrel in basic training to get smooth foot movements down.
>>
>>32636037
The few times I've done it in the CF was just putting the dime on the barrel between the flash hider and front sight of my C7. Then sometimes your section commander gets in your face and starts screaming at you trying to get you flinch while you squeeze off a shot.
>>
>>32636054

Ah memories. Fuck Gag-town.
>>
>>32635853
>>Why are most gun owners retards that come up with stupid "standards" of competency?

Did this in Army Basic during BRM...dime/washer technique
>>
>>32636026
>specifically practicing da on a 92 by decocking after every shot
>can't figure the break, weight is like trying to superman diamonds into coal
>dude next to me gives a wtf dis nigga doing look
>da groups are still shitte

Love the slide and SA on the 92 but holy christ fuck that da.
>>
>>32636081
I personally hate Meaford more than Gage
>>
>>32633718
It helped some of the shitty shooters when I was in basic.
>>
I have a light 2 stage trigger, I can't imagine it would be hard, but I'll try it tonight.
>>
>>32636119

I did my PLQ in Meaford and hate it equally. I was there the summer it was 40+C out and that kid died because he got dehydrated from drinking too many 5 hour energies... Fuck those that wound up in Aldershot.
>>
>>32636102
Make sure that your finger position is good on the trigger. Don't be afraid to set the trigger on the first joint of your index finger. People might look at you funny, but hits are hits.
If it is really giving you that much trouble, dropping in a D spring is silly easy.
>>
>>32635853
Guess you've never tried the aiming card or target box either?

FM 3-22.9
>>
>>32635609
Fucking poorfag. Why buy guns when you can't even afford half dollar drills?
>>
>>32636037
Yep... memories
>>
File: image1710.jpg (40KB, 504x326px) Image search: [Google]
image1710.jpg
40KB, 504x326px
>>32636190
>>
>>32636168
Kyle Lamb actually has a video talking about how he changed up his pistol shooting after a competition shooter buddy told him meatfingering the trigger was actually effective.
>>
>>32635873
thinks 2008 crisis was clinton + 90s republicans fault fyi
>>
>>32635811
Tests like this are designed for people that don't have much experience with guns. Many people flinch or grip too hard and cause the gun to shake. This is designed to break those sorts of habits, and if you don't have those habits, then this test will teach you nothing
>>
>>32636168
I dropped a d in your moms pussy
>>
>>32634513
wouldnt the fact that the coin is bigger both sides balance out the whole stability. Something something moment of inertia
>>
File: 9x25-2.jpg (76KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
9x25-2.jpg
76KB, 1600x900px
I do this drill with handguns. It's a little bit harder if your front sight is rounded but still doable. Place the coin on the front sight, make a sight presentation and pull the trigger.

It's a lot harder with a handgun.
>>
>>32635988
Underrated
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.