[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wargame RoR

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 14

File: 2Mb6N4ZiItI.jpg (115KB, 960x638px) Image search: [Google]
2Mb6N4ZiItI.jpg
115KB, 960x638px
Any of you lads still play Wargame Red Dragon ? Or AirLand Battle for that matter??

I am new to the series, I want to get some Red Dragon Decks to practice with offline. If anyone would like to share any decks - including meme decks - please do, thanks !
>>
I play against the AI with friends and alone, so ymmv against people.

Bring recon. Bring a variety of recon, both infantry, vehicles, armor and airborne (choppers). If you can't see them, it doesn't matter how many tanks you bring because your guys won't shoot back.

Having a variety of AA weapons is more effective than spamming just one type. Having a good IADS network will work wonders, especially your AA guns against enemy choppers. Just remember your radar equipped AA units can be targeted by enemy SEAD aircraft usually at quite long range. When you've got your AA unit selected, click on each of the weapons to 'turn them off'. This stops them using their radars, and SEAD aircraft can't target them.

There are some AA guns that don't need/use radars, and in particular the early version of the Rapier system the UK/ANZAC decks have are SACLOS, which don't use radar's either.
>>
Don't join the /vg/ group, they're a bunch of retards
>>
File: sadsad.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
sadsad.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>32629951
I'm not quite sure of what I'm doing and don't care what the meta is, but I still manage to play well.
>>
>>32630222
You could switch teh PRAM-S with the MSTA and maybe the ASU-85M with a BRDM-Konkurs launcher - but this looks DOPE tbqh
>>
>>32630279
>PRAM-S with the MSTA
No. Mortars are a necessity for infantry support and vehicle ATGM are relatively shit. Hardly even worth it when supported.
>>
>>32630295
I will have to disagree. You can actually use them as hunter-killer teams to take out enemy flanks and what not.

I might agree with the mortar - because you are using the asset in a different capacity than I would,.
>>
File: otocucked.png (116KB, 794x131px) Image search: [Google]
otocucked.png
116KB, 794x131px
>play BLUFOR
>feel ashamed
>>
>>32631527
Otomatic is a great meme. Too bad Denmark's deck is slightly cucked, and can't really stand on it's own.
>>
>>32630222

Fagot NEEDS to be switched out for a BDRM-Konkurs M.
>>
>>32629951
Here's some general use decks, maybe you or anyone else in the thread can find use for them.

@Hg8CCa1NrZkfBjtQohYnwLI0II0ClSyFDZZAhAigDGCYEiNQEi2Uj5I60PVDyQCChcqOSEUpdKUi/Ut4sSINkxE= This is just a very simple NATO starter deck, jack of all trades type of thing.

@TsMB06h2Kc+7FOodknQuxTnXcpzryy6N2BcCm5lwoeindp3ieG27Nurbw2+tvrbi24tuTbknil2ZbonaJ5CeanMNy5czHIp4SdoA This is a current meta deck, yugo armour is god tier right now, sadly you miss out on some other great Yugo units though.

@Qs8a2Q4KxyknYKZyinsGJyknc8yBYcpGaOUTCBfJgTzJPYMUncL6TuF9rTPS1phWQ5zChNRMOS8opSAGgJICKFiSikoKJsiWo6SCETNICyO2jstLkS+EhhKw This is the all burrito no skill deck, you'll wreak shit with this as long as you support your VDV.

@TM8CC2VojbY0stqZUm0MlbbGVNr7RE25kqbQzwsxD0CzRMkTMk0JM+LH0x5MdTHUwQtKLM0wdMpTJk0dNJjV410tYLWQ This is just an unspec Finns deck, pretty good mix of units desu, good tanks and recon.
>>
>>32630222
Mi-24A is a noobtrap. You either get an affordable rocket helo transport (Mi-8MTV), or you go all the way and get Mi-24D with its amazing gun. Mi-24A has neither a good gun nor good rockets.
>>
File: 1474055864885.png (412KB, 682x623px) Image search: [Google]
1474055864885.png
412KB, 682x623px
There are no problems that bountiful amounts of recon assets can't solve.
>>
File: wgg early 2014.png (2MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
wgg early 2014.png
2MB, 1920x1200px
>>
File: wgg late 2014.png (290KB, 660x790px) Image search: [Google]
wgg late 2014.png
290KB, 660x790px
>>
File: wgg early 2015.png (384KB, 660x790px) Image search: [Google]
wgg early 2015.png
384KB, 660x790px
>>
File: wgg late 2015.png (390KB, 660x790px) Image search: [Google]
wgg late 2015.png
390KB, 660x790px
It's now been more than a year without a /wgg/ thread, despite the population of Red Dragon largely being the same for a long time.
>>
they should make an Arab pack and a map pack with European and desert maps
>>
>>32632688
They won't we asked them already, the tile set is for Asia, and making european maps would require importing stuff from ALB which would take effort.
>>
File: 1409349348542.png (356KB, 763x1261px) Image search: [Google]
1409349348542.png
356KB, 763x1261px
>>32632669
blame the shit meta. All these units and there's barely any custom games using non-efficient units with specific goals.

WG gets a bump in interest whenever those 4chan vs Reddit games happen though.
>>
File: 1411423450739.png (166KB, 1198x946px) Image search: [Google]
1411423450739.png
166KB, 1198x946px
>>32633205

I blame the fact that so many people are uninterested in this being a relatively realistic cold war game, and everyone wanted it to be autistic nationalism simulator, and autistic shitposters on /vg/ who would litterally try to ruin the thread if someone talked about something that didn't interest them.

Eugen also did nothing to discourage nationalism and encourage fair play and good gameplay rather than hardcore meta gaming.
>>
The game is great, it's just that it's impossible to find a multiplayer match anymore, except at absolute peak times, and even then it's just the same 2 maps that everyone plays over and over and over again.
>>
File: wargame cancer dragon.jpg (3MB, 2208x2398px) Image search: [Google]
wargame cancer dragon.jpg
3MB, 2208x2398px
>>
Wow, this thread is such fucking cancer. Is this what vidya generals are like? I'm so disgusted it feels like I'm taking a shower but instead of water there's diarrhea.
>>
>>32633894
>Is this what vidya generals are like?
No, the average /vg/ general is actually far more cancerous.
t. frequenter of /gsg/, /wtg/, /fog/, and occasionally /tesg/.
>>
>>32633894
>Let me just shit post about how other boards have shit posts.
>>
wargame is arcade trash
can't believe this shit got more popular than combat mission
>>
>>32634061
>can't believe this shit got more popular than combat mission

Are you serious about this?

You "can't believe" that a good-looking, easy to learn, accessible multiplayer RTS is more popular than an opaque WEGO on an ancient engine?
>>
>>32634133
>good looking
combat mission wins. wargame looks like a fucking cartoon
>easy to learn
children aren't supposed to play war games
>accessible multiplayer rts
whatever faggot go play your wii you clown
>[CM is] an opaque wego on an ancient engine
has real time functionality, actual 3 dimensional battespace, and isn't produced by french homosexuals
>>
>>32634270
combat mission looks a decade out of date.
>>
>>32629951
I'd play it more but I get constantly disconnected from games. Also I swear the AI cheats and it gets really boring playing skirmishes with just Ai.
>>
File: jopaSGy[1].png (678KB, 720x368px) Image search: [Google]
jopaSGy[1].png
678KB, 720x368px
It pains me that out of the three games, WEE still has the best maps. Give me Thuringer Wald back.

Eugen made its choice of userbase, as shown with the national DLCs. It could have been a great alt-history battle generator, but multiplayer it's just an e-peen contest.

>>32635060
the only difference between the AI levels is income. Highest difficulty is great for zombie-apocalypse against NK, but not so much in a regular game (because the computer is completely unable to manage so much funds against a smaller force).
>>
>>32633594

Well it's an RTS in an era where RTS is effectively dead. It's not realistic enough to satisfy the milsim guys, and the lack of custom playstyle really killed this game. Extinction(?) fucking sucks and encourages turtling and running away. I remember playing in a game for an hour, "winning", only to end up in a draw once the timer ran out. In terms of Destruction mode, strong infantry encourages turtling, ineffective artillery encourages turtling, and the attacking player in destruction most often ends up losing in points (though winning strategically).

And on top of that the game is awful for any new player as there are literally hundreds of "trap" units that will only end up frustrating the new player and due to the inability to make custom games, will be forced to play against meta decks that will crush them.

This game desperately needs map making options, custom games, and lobbies in order to make more unique scenarios. Bridge bug is unfixable, they should just make it all land bridges. Naval combat was a good concept, poor execution.

The nationalism is pretty bad. I agree that US should probably be better than a Netherlands deck for example, but if you had custom scenarios you can make games where you have the superpowers fight a weaker nation in an irregular way where it's fair and fun. Wargame just seems like the worst type of game to play competetively in a meta sense.
>>
>>32635362
All the trap units would be fixed if their unit stats wasn't completely arbitrary and if 120 points of lower level tanks was only slightly worse than 120 points of high tier tank and such that would be good too, as it is now, quality > numbers so incredibly hards that most tanks below 50 points are instant trash, and infantry 15 point infantry get ass wiped by 20-25 point infantry despite only being a small price difference.

Arbitrary stats with no system to them is the mess of this game.
>>
>>32636639
>quality > numbers
>15 point infantry get ass wiped by 20-25 point infantry
so you either play clown games, or you're clueless
>>
>>32635362
>lack of custom playstyle
could you elaborate
>>
>>32636787
Maybe you're just not as good as you think honey.
>>
>>32636945
top 300, wbu?
>>
>>32636959
Oh yeah me too. Top 300
>>
File: MLRS.png (20KB, 366x584px) Image search: [Google]
MLRS.png
20KB, 366x584px
>>
>>32637060
Prove it. I have only seen Mot.-Schutzen, 15 point units, since climbing past the low 700s.
>>
File: Ranks ohoy.png (134KB, 400x355px) Image search: [Google]
Ranks ohoy.png
134KB, 400x355px
>>32637226
Sadly after not playing for more than 2 years, I lost 288 places on the leaderboard since my last ranked match.
>>
>>32637651
which decks were you playing back then, and what makes you think that 20-25pt infantry is most efficient
>>
>>32637701
Eurocorps for ranked. Jäger were all the shit and are still pretty good I guess, but when i played ranked, Fallshim 90 melted everything other than Li Jian 90 and Spetsnaz. Panzer Grenadiers are still some of the best infantry for woods and towns unless things have changed and I haven't noticed.
>>
>>32637728
bravo, you passed the test.
Base Panzergrendiers were 15 points back then, as well. One issue though.
>I lost 288 places on the leaderboard since my last ranked match.
you had to be [MajG] to even be in the top-10 around that date. Top-5 with Major as a rank means playing around April, not December.
>>
>>32637872
Thanks for the test, my glory as number 4 already went down while I was playing, I might have stopped ranked when i was 10-20 come to think of it.
>>
>>32633594
As an avid PACT player, let me just address the following :
•You know we need the Sprut in the game - in the VDV decks,
•We need the S-300,
•We need the Krysanthma-S in the game too.
•We need the luna too (SSBM).
•And while you are at it, we DO NOT NEED the slow as fuck heavy bombers. This isnt fucking WWII.
•Give us the Mig 23 which was full of FAB-250 or maybe AP bombs.
•We need a Yugo-Soviet deck , and why the fuck was Soviet-NK nuked ?

Kike Packet ARTI is OPed to the limit. There is no problem with OPed weapons - make them ALL equally OP so there isnt an edge - there is an equal chance of fuckups and wins - instead of a P2W game like we have now. Make it about tactics - not about who got the DLC.

•MLRS are pointless when it comes to PACT like they are right now. The packet rounds dont do shit to tanks. And its been like this since ALB. I rained 8 GRADS on a forest - and I didnt kill SHIT. And RD Grad isnt much better. Its a good show - but thats it.

But even then - PACT adapts and learns how to circumvenet your NERFed little toys and anal-rapes you and leaves you butthurt ))

GIT FUCKING GOOD.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.