[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We of discuss combat shovels ITT How do I make of fight with shovel?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

File: 9Pewecb.png (439KB, 852x465px) Image search: [Google]
9Pewecb.png
439KB, 852x465px
We of discuss combat shovels ITT

How do I make of fight with shovel?
>>
>>32626388

its literally just a big flat club. not that much to discuss.
>>
>>32626452
you are wrong, clubs have less than one edge.
>>
Who the hell carries a combat shovel? Been playing too much BF1?
>>
>>32626494
>Who the hell carries a combat shovel?
angry russians or people that like to be a foot and a half from a knife fight
>>
>>32626494
>Who the hell carries a combat shovel?
Fat neckbeards who when aren't gaming are legitimately getting ready for the zombie apocalypse by carrying their over built ARs to walmart.
>>
Not useful but I want one
>>
File: 1451840367631.jpg (22KB, 189x190px) Image search: [Google]
1451840367631.jpg
22KB, 189x190px
>>32626388
I dunno about fighting with one, it is good at digging cat holes while I'm out hiking
>>
>ye olden days
>Digging fox holes in the backyard with brother's
>Brother A gets in argument with brother B
>Brother B starts filling in brother A's foxhole
>I jump in foxhole to try and stop him cause shits not cool to
>Brother B gets mad at me and swings shovel at me handle first
>Cracks me across the bridge of the nose
>I fall unconscious in the hole, blood flowing from my face
>Brother thinks im dead, runs in the house to report casualty to ranking officer
>Wake up in hole, eyes full of blood
>Drag myself out of hole and stagger towards HQ
And that's my experience with combat shovels

Good times... Good times...
>>
>>32626468
They have 360.
>>
>>32626388
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilLgZ84v01I
>>
>>32626388
Combat shovels are a joke
>>
meming aside, the feldspaten in Verdun is fucking fun to use.
>>
>>32626494
>Implying people weren't smashing skills with a shovel in day of defeat long before bf1
>>
I know some Australians used sharped entrenching tools in 'nam
>>
>>32626494
People trying to skirt the law be carrying a tool designed to be used as a weapon rather than carrying an actual weapon.

And/or murderers who plan ahead.
>>
File: P1070091.jpg (2MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
P1070091.jpg
2MB, 2560x1920px
>>32626388
>How do I make of fight with shovel?
Just your standard bash and slash I suppose. Mine have an axe end, so i suppose that's what I'd use.
>>
Step One: Run out of ammo
Step Two: Run out of friends
Step Three: Lose rifle
Congrats, now you have a reason to beat someone with your entrenching tool.
>>
>>32626388
Most folding shovels are garbage, so right off the bat you're going to want one with a solid wood handle and a fixed head. While the extra features that folding shovels have are good for utility, the hinge and lock are just extra things to get broken. The wide face is good for blocking as well as bludgeoning while the blade is obviously good at slicing. Due to its heft compared to a combat knife you're going to need to rely on the weapon's natural momentum like an axe/hammer rather than speed.

It's obviously deadly enough and historically proven itself in numerous, independent iterations (see monk's spade) but it still wouldn't be my first choice for a melee weapon. It's certainly versatile though, I'll give it that.
>>
>>32627347
I would like to see you use your fancy EDC folding knife against an angry Russian with a shovel.

Protip: You would be laughing through a hole in your neck.
>>
>>32628207
garbo shovels; anything with a mechanism WILL break
>>
File: pic1137.jpg (142KB, 853x640px) Image search: [Google]
pic1137.jpg
142KB, 853x640px
You would want something like that
>>
>muh bf2 kiddies pls go
>muh combat shovel is meme
>muh muh

You new age faggots need to stop. Its not a new concept. Bf2 didn't invent it. There is documented records of soldiers prefering the shovel to whatever budget knife they were issued (mostly brits)
>>
>>32626532
>>32626494
>>32626388
>>32626636
>>32626741
>>32627347

In any case, the bayonet isn't as important as it used to be. It's more usual now to go into the attack with hand-grenades and your entrenching tool. The sharpened spade is a lighter and more versatile weapon - not only can you get a man under the chin, but more to the point, you can strike a blow with a lot more force behind it. That's especially true if you can bring it down diagonally between the neck and the shoulder, because then you can split down as far as the chest. When you put a bayonet in, it can stick, and you have to give the other man a hefty kick in the guts to get it out. - Great War soldier
>>
>>32626494
Well they issued us etools in the military. Metal and thin, wouldn't want to get hit with it.

Its for digging fighting holes and stuff, and isn't sharpened or anything.
>>
>>32633218
is that the cold steel shovel?
>>
where can I get a full tang combat shovel with full flat ground edge
>>
>>32633267
It's a russian shovel
>>
>>32626494
Everyone with a taste.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7DmGnsNeko
>>
>>32633291
oh. i have the cold steel one and its almost an exact replica
>>
The use of an entrenching tool is simply a convienient and effective use of something that is already in a soldiers kit, as long as it isn't the current issue US folding shovel which is absolute garbage for the purpose, old style spades like what was used in WWI and WWII had a solid handle and were either one piece affairs or if they folded only the head folded and was simple and sturdy and most importantly quick to get into action.
>>
>>32633309

That's the whole point.
>>
>>32633159
I've put a couple of them through hell, they're not even starting to give trouble.
>>
>>32627024
keked, good job
>>
>>32633255
That was Remarque, you cunt.
>>
>>32628207
those the chinese model by chance?
>>
File: P1070094.jpg (2MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
P1070094.jpg
2MB, 2560x1920px
>>32636372
Yeah, the two models of wjq-308 they sell. And that mine probe pokes through dirt like a hot knife through butter.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.