[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best cheap guns

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

File: Want.jpg (36KB, 710x259px) Image search: [Google]
Want.jpg
36KB, 710x259px
The days of a $200 SKS, $150 nugget, or even a sub $300 bolt action are coming to an end.
What's the best cheap gun out there?

Or: what's the most worth the cost gun out there? As boxers say, what's the best pound for pound.
>>
handguns:
SAR, sccy, tp9*, lcp/9 on sale, maks all fall under $300

rifles:
whatever sub $350 hunting rifle is available at your local pawn shop. there's plenty. same goes for shotguns except $200. you could even build an AR for $400 if you're patient.
>>
The days of cheap guns aren't coming to an end.

The days of cheap surplus guns, however, already have.

For $300 you can get a Savage Axis which will put any Mosin to shame. Factories offer excellent entry level options now, that while not pretty or aesthetically interesting, work very well and will realistically do just as good of a job as much more expensive guns.
>>
>>32624310
cheap bolt guns are actually pretty amazing right now, you can get some great deals

a .556 ruger american or savage axis ii is actually pretty fucking fun to shoot too
>>
>>32624843
If they just put some goddamn iron sights on them then I would have picked one up in a heartbeat
>>
>>32624859
yeah ik it bugs the shit out of me too desu

in fact the only company i see usually putting irons on their bolt action rifles is CZ
>>
>>32624826
>>32624425
I was afraid this would happen. the perimeters of my question have been ignored, and I've been told nothing I don't already know.

Why do I even browse here? It was fun when I was still new to guns, but /k/ is like dating high school girls. I grow older (and learn), they stay the same age (and dumb).
>>
>>32624310
The cheapest gun is the gun you steal
>>
File: 719007518.jpg (26KB, 500x320px) Image search: [Google]
719007518.jpg
26KB, 500x320px
>>32624310

muh .32 acp czech
>>
File: bait~07.jpg (31KB, 622x626px) Image search: [Google]
bait~07.jpg
31KB, 622x626px
>>32624881
>>
File: LhFKSxu.png (547KB, 635x640px) Image search: [Google]
LhFKSxu.png
547KB, 635x640px
>>32624881
oh go cry on reddit or wherever the fuck you came from
>>
>>32624881
I can't even fathom how these anons answered your vague question anyway, then you turn into a douche who can't even use google to hunt for guns. Go and stay go
>>
>>32624895
>>Mentions that sub $300 bolt guns are fading
>>Hey anon, just look at this $350 bolt gun!
>>Hey anon, you can get one of these shit budget pistols that no one would even pick for being interesting or unique.

Literally every gun that someone has said "can be had for..." goes for at least $50 more on the used market.

>>32624910
>>Been on 4chan longer than you've been eating solid food.

>>32624940
>>Been using google to hunt for funs for the same period of time as mentioned above.
>>
>>32624974
Autism: the post
>>
>>32624974
you keep posting negative vibes man, just go to a pawn shop or gun store. Go outside, get off the computer.
>>
>>32624826
Surplus is still cheap. Mosins, sks, and certain surplus ammo is more expensive than it once was but only still less than comparable current production guns.
>>
>>32624974

You never specified "what's the best $300 gun." You said, what's the best CHEAP gun, and you got answers you were unhappy with.
>>
>>32624310
Can't tell you how sad I am nuggets and sks's are expensive now.
Growing up I remember seeing nuggets at the sporting goods store for less than $100, I would always think as a kid "Wow I have $100! I'll get that when I grow up."
Now they're only as cheap as $270. Even though that's not bad, it still sucks because when you're a poorfag college kid anything over $100 is a bitch to scrape up.
>>
>>32624859
>>32624876

There are some savage model 11 derivatives that come with irons like the Hog Hunter. I'm considering it for my next rifle. Has iron sights (and can fit a peep sight to the receiver), 20 inch threaded barrel.
>>
>>32625387
Nuggets in excellent condition were less than 100 bucks (I got them for 90 shipped) just 4 years ago at classics.
>>
>>32625432
Classic is the worst fucking jews of the industry. Every fucking day they had a video about their Finnish mosins.
>LAST IN THE COUNTRY EVER, PLUM BARREL, IMPERIAL RUSSIAN MARKED HEX RECEIVER, STEALTH MARKED VKT SAKO WITH TOUNGE STOCK AND PERSONALLY SNEZEED ON BY SIMO HAYHA

They are the reason the finns when up so much, by the end there were selling some models for $700+ and it really bothers my booty.
>>
>>32624310

Maverick 88.
>>
>>32625387
I remember when they were $65 and sitting in the barrel in the middle of the floor in the local fun shop. I thought they were clunky funky junky old things and didn't see the point.

Forgive me, o /k/. I should have bought a hundred and held a lottery for you.
>>
>>32624881
>perimeters
its parameters, dumbass
>>
>>32624310
Still $100 nuggets at Herb Phillipsons, in NY to boot.
>>
>>32625785
Old classsic was almsot mitchell teir back in the day, then improved a bit when they were bought out and improved their site (around 2011 I think). Around 2013 though, they started fear mongering again. Then they started to be very aggressive in their fear mongering around 2015.

The amount of bullshit they spouted about the finnish nuggets was stupid. However, they pricing was fair and most of the time cheaper than what pat burns, who supplied all of the finnish nuggets to them, charged when she and her son actually hand picked and listed them individually. The down side of classic mostly is with the fact that it's luck of the draw, even with the "hand picked" ones, but there are quiet a few guys who got lucky and got a good one for less than what pat would have listed them for.
>>
File: 1321506740909.gif (2MB, 528x292px) Image search: [Google]
1321506740909.gif
2MB, 528x292px
>>32624843
>.556
Nigga really? Like, really?
>>
>>32624310

Mil-Surp has effectively dried up at the moment, thanks to general middle east unrest and just a lack of supply. Keep in mind at one point you could also get M1 Garands for ~$70 in the 1960s (~$500ish today when adjusted for inflation).

Most modern military arms are select fire, and thus effectively unavailable in the civilian market.

>>32625432
And mausers went for something like $20 and were sold out of a barrel at one point. It's just economics. Supply and demand means your $100 nugget is now a $300 nugget. Price is decided by what the markets will bare, and what people are willing to pay.

Entry level bolt guns run in the 3-400 range, a basic AR can be built for <$500 if you shop around and buy things on sale.

All that said, who knows. Look at how suddenly .22 was readily available EVERYWHERE, store shelves stocked completely, once trump got the nomination. Wholesalers and people all the way up the chain were trying to neckbeard it, trying to screw over someone else for $$$. I wouldn't be surprised if people were sitting on cargo containers of mosins, sks, etc expecting hillary to win, and for them to make out big on black market sales if some kind of semi-auto ban was passed.
>>
>>32624310
I'm Canadian and all of those things are still a reality in Canadian dollars if you buy used.

Although a 150$ mosin is highly unlikely or beat to fuck, but you can find a sporterized .303 brit enfield for 200$
>>
>>32624881
You never laid out any specific parameters to your question. Nor any perimeters which doesn't make any sense in this context you stupid fuck.
>>
Really? Just got a 90% Bulgarian Makarov for 200. Stop paying the price gougers.
>>
Mossberg 500 hunting - 300 bucks and is super versatile and upgradeable (long for defense) any Mossberg is a good choice though
Zastava m77 or m88 - 200
Ruger 10/22 - under 200 on sale
Marlin model 60 - 150~ or less on sales
Single shot 12 gauge - 150 or less
Maverick 88 - 180 or so on sale
Makarovs - ~200
Savage axis - 250~
Ruger lcp - 200~

Just some ideas
>>
>>32624425
>sccy

I can't agree with this actually being a bargain, seeing as how it's not rated for +P. There's little point in buying a small carry gun that can't actually handle the use of effective carry ammo.
>>
>>32625387
Growing up watching the price of milsurp go steadily up is a horrible feeling. You think you're going to be able to get a large collection going with what you've saved up then everything dries up and all you're left with is the secondary market.
>>
File: image.jpg (59KB, 700x457px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59KB, 700x457px
The Tokerev!
Feels so fine in the hand
Fires flaming canon balls
$200 from J&G Sales
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.