[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kyle Dinkheller

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

File: BBxZyR1.jpg (41KB, 562x373px) Image search: [Google]
BBxZyR1.jpg
41KB, 562x373px
I imagine this thread gets run here quite a bit and I apologize if it does and I apologize if it's been done to death, no pun intended.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=62d_1315328962

In brief, did he follow the right protocols? Did he deserve to die? By that I do not mean in an edgelordian sense, but rather did his training fail him? You can hear his voice quaver and crack as he realizes the continuum of force is failing him. You can also hear him scream quite a bit as he's methodically killed.

Someone here knows a hell of a lot more about this than I do. Why did Andrew H. Brannan
succeed? I've been told he 'slices the pie' and uses other techniques. What other techniques does he use?

Did the officer even stand a chance?

pic unrelated
>>
>>32618866
Officer hesitated and that got him killed. His training didn't fail him. He failed himself. Not familiar with what 'technique' Brannan used but it's moot to discuss that. Officer stood no chance after he hesitated
>>
Someone webm that shit so I don't have to give that cancerous site a click
>>
>>32619367
good to know. do you think brannan had an advantage with a long rifle? or is that moot?

>>32619379
sorry bud
>>
>>32619379
>liveleak
>cancer
The fuck is wrong with you? Do you not like explosions or something?
>>
>>32619388
He definitely had an overwhelming advantage, no doubt about it. very hard to defend yourself with a gun against a Vietnam vet who is not afraid and who just realized that you're too chicken shit to do anything about it
>>
>>32619408
yeah...he shot him nine times in all the last through the eye
>>
They showed this on TV a lot back in the day.

Still not sure if it was the officer shooting after it looked like the vet was moving away. If so, he basically asked for it when he was already in a very bad spot.
>>
File: image.jpg (130KB, 1054x522px)
image.jpg
130KB, 1054x522px
>>32619432
Well the cop got one hit
>lol only 9mm
>>
>people will still bitch when cops are too agressive
>>
>>32619388
The vet had an overwhelming advantage once he got to his rifle. "Got to," being the key phrase, the officer should have unloaded the moment he went for his rifle. If I remember correctly the officer had been reprimanded a few weeks prior for unholstering his gun when he shouldn't have, this made him hesitate to use force when he should have. With all of the BLM nonsense going on, I expect this to become a more common problem.

tl;dr Know when to be violent enough, fast enough.
>>
>>32619468
fair enough

>>32619507
it's hard to visualize what he's doing but there's a method to the vet's kill, i'm just wondering how he does it.
>>
>>32619507
This
My old man worked for my county
One thing he told was never draw your weapon in vain
In other words, if you draw, you will kill someone
>>
>>32619462
>At this point, Brannan ran from his pickup truck toward the deputy and began to fire again, hitting Dinkheller in exposed areas such as the arms and legs. Brannan then began to reload his weapon as the now injured Dinkheller tried to position himself near the driver side door of his cruiser. Another shot from Dinkheller was heard. Brannan began advance firing at the deputy, hitting him numerous times.

So yeah, that shot you hear while Brannan is reloading and moving back to the truck is from the officer.

Obviously no one can say for sure what could have happened, but it does appear that shot is what turned him around and earned Dinkheller the final returning shots.

These days cops don't play around when they see folks like that pick up a gun and refuse to listen.
>>
he had a long painful death from the sounds of it as far as ballistics trauma goes
>>
dumb question but does anyone else here like a soft muddled breathing type sound at the end? I say this because I had a friend whose brother committed suicide. He shot himself in the head, but didn't die outright. He said he was making sounds like a faucet. I guess anything's possible when you destroy your nervous system.
>>
>>32619396
This.

Liveleak is where you can find the video of the suicide-bomber's car flying straight up in the air, spinning the whole time, until it explodes right at the peak of its flight.

I don't even like to watch that shit anymore (got my fill of watching carnage in the days of KaZaA), but that was fucking hilarious.
>>
>>32619558
Brandishing a weapon, should be the one law that none of us should ever get arrested for violating. If you feel that a situation has devolved to the point where you need to unholster a hand gun or point a rifle, someone is getting fucking shot. Period. End of story.
>>
>>32619607
Just like a death gurgle
>>
>>32618866

Why did he scream?
>>
>>32620121
The terror of death and the pain of getting shot at
>>
was just reading about this last night.
makes me so shitty to imagine some war vet all smug bc he's got a cop screaming in fear.
"die fucker"
wtf cunt. being traumatised from war is one thing. taking pleasure in killing a copper is another thing
>>
File: 1463130062643.jpg (52KB, 856x452px)
1463130062643.jpg
52KB, 856x452px
>brother is going to be in law enforcement
>try to take him to the range and encourage him to get into shooting
>always makes an excuse not to go
>willing to buy him a handgun similar to whatever he will be issued if he goes through with all of it

I don't want this type of shit to happen to him
>>
>>32618866
Been a while since I watched the movie so pardon me if I remember it wrong.

>In brief, did he follow the right protocols?
No. When the vet ran back to his truck and starts digging around for his rifle despite being warned multiple times he shoulda shot him.

He also made a big mistake in distancing himself from the vet. So he's not sure what the fucker is digging around for in his truck, and he's afraid to shoot him? He should have shot him, but failing that he should have had his sights ready on his center of mass so that as soon as he knew it was a gun he could unload on him.

Instead I think he slinks back to his cruiser and radios for backup? He IS the police, and he should damn well know about response time.

Before the vet goes back to his car and after he's been told to stand still I think he dances around screaming crazy shit, too, at which point most cops have nonlethal ways to drop his crazy ass that they wouldn't hesitate to use. Don't think this cop had access to those.
>>
>>32621702
"Dinkheller positioned himself near the passenger door of his cruiser and gave Brannan commands for approximately 40 seconds before Brannan stepped away from his pickup truck, pointing his M1 carbine at Dinkheller and fired shots."

He should have used those 40 seconds better.
>>
>>32618866
I believe he was injured in one of his arms, so I he was probably aiming one handed, which can be hard as hhmell if you aren't practiced, especially weak hand. You can see parts of the video where he shoots back and misses. If he was shooting .40SW that probably wasn't helping. The vet knew how to manuever and fire on his target, closing with and destroying. Basic military shit
>>
Georgian here.

Dinkheller had a history of abusive actions and reprimands, however back when this incident took place Georgia was still a Democrat-controlled State that wasn't very gun-friendly towards civilians. Plus the good-old boy system of rural Georgia was even stronger than it is today (and it's still strong, I assure you).

The way he acted prior to the shooting was unacceptable, which did not help the situation. He escalated the affair until Brannan felt threatened enough to grab his M1 carbine from his vehicle.

Bad situation for everyone around, and nobody was really in the right, but Brannan is one of the few cases where I couldn't support the Death Penalty. What was a simple speeding violation turned into something that it shouldn't have been due to inexperience and ego.
>>
>>32621860
>nobody was really in the right, but Brannan is one of the few cases where I couldn't support the Death Penalty

How do you fucking figure this? Dinkeller died because he cut this idiot far too much slack when he should have shot him sooner. I'm not one to fellate cops but what the fuck are you on about?
>>
>>32622034
Brennen wuz a gud boy. He dindu nuffin.

Cop was real criminal, how dare he pull him over for going over 100 mph. I thought this was america.
>>
>>32622034

Same reason Hinkley wasn't executed and is actually able to do things now in his later years: legitimate metal issues.

>>32622055

Cops actions weren't warranted, even for a speeding incident. All of the yelling and shit was unprofessional and demeaning. But that happens when you hire 22 year-old boys to run your police department.
>>
>>32622101
Brannan is the one who started yelling and chimping out first. Mo money for them programs though.

And he was not crazy, just an asshole.

He is also dead.
>>
>>32620719
the way cops are treated, if he's working in a city anyway, then maybe he's just building up an above-board history of circumstances for his inevitable legal defense.
>>
>>32619607
It's called reflexive breathing. Basically it's the body's last attempt to survive by getting as much oxegyn as possible, even if it does no good. Usually see it with extreme brain trama or bleeding out.
>>
>>32619396
Live leak is Russia boo cancer filled with pro Kremlin propaganda. Fuck those commie faggots
>>
>>32622481
Funny how the us is more communist than russia right now.
>>
>>32619388
Reminder that when asked later why he shot Dinkheller, Brannan replied "Because he let me."
>>
>>32622371
thanks i didn't know

>>32622671
that follows as soon as he saw him rooting through his truck and the officer did nothing i knew the officer was fucked
>>
File: pew.gif (826KB, 328x366px)
pew.gif
826KB, 328x366px
>>32619379
>>
>>32622481
>commie

retard
>>
>>32622614
agreed
>>
OP here. So I've found a pretty informative link on this whole thing. Peruse at your leisure if you wish.

http://policemarksman.com/2014/06/26/officer-down-slowly-developing-threats-the-kyle-dinkheller-incident/
>>
>>32618866
Welp good thing good bystanders are better armed nowadays.

Some arizonan civilian stopped a police ambusher with lethal force.

Gun grabby babbies btfo.
>>
>>32618866
Dinkheller died because he didn't realize what was about to happen to him. The easy answer is shoot brannen multiple times in the side & back as he goes for the rifle. The real answer is most cops don't want to use deadly force and that hesitation probably gets 5-10 officers killed every year...The media never says much about that....
>>
>>32618866
Damn the The dude who shot was in my dads same unit at the same time, also was stationed in Chu lai. No wonder he was fucked up, my dad talked about some seriously fucked up shit going down. Done by his fellow soldiers and NVA.
>>
>>32628200
Care to elaborate?

Also dads tits and timestamp please
>>
File: 1481932137209.png (691KB, 742x756px)
1481932137209.png
691KB, 742x756px
>>32619379
>not visiting liveleak every day multiple times a day
>>
File: image.jpg (121KB, 640x558px)
image.jpg
121KB, 640x558px
This is from his daughter.
>>
>>32627916
The article I linked talks about that in depth. Slowly developing threats, something of which I was unaware.
>>
>>32630824
It is a good read but way too much over a simple concept. Dinkheller couldn't handle the adrenaline dump and froze up.
>>
>>32619367
He was reprimanded days before for using excessive force (as in, drawing his gun)
That is most likely why he hesitated.

>>32619558
No, that's terrible training. No no no.
It's perfectly fine to draw down on somebody you think may be an imminent threat. You will gain compliance almost every time just by them not wanting to get shot for doing somehting stupid. It's not a fucking kukri, it doesn't need to draw blood every time you unholster it.

>>32620719
Tell him to be a firefighter instead. Policing is dying in this country, everything is monday morning quarterbacked. Your brass, your politicians, everyone will throw you under the bus in seconds to save themselves. It's not worth it anymore.

>>32621860
He did not escalate enough. It is absolutely imperative that on any stop, on any scene, the cop must control the situation. Allowing Brannan to go rummaging in his truck while practically begging him not to is anything but. He should have used force - A taser, gone hands on, or kept him at gunpoint and fired upon seeing the rifle come out - anything would have been better than just uselessly repeating the same verbal order over and over.

>>32627916
Of course. Do you want to be the cop that's plastered all over national TV because you shot some innocent kid who pointed an airsoft gun at you? Do you want to be the cop who shoots a Nam vet who was acting a bit loopy because he was off his meds? Still though, even considering this, Dinkheller should have escalated force far, far sooner.

>>32631306
>Fight or Flight
>Froze up
Doesn't work that way, senpai.
>>
Thanks for all the thoughtful responses and replies.
>>
I'm going to say something potentially incendiary for the sake of conversation. I'm not thoroughly convinced of what I'm about to say. But the article I posted earlier praised the officer as being brave. Was he brave? Is it brave to stare death in the face and come up short? Or is it cowardly to lose the fight and die on the side of the road like a piece of roadkill with pants full of shit and urine?

What is bravery? What is cowardice? I've never been in a combat situation or a life or death situation involving gun play. To the more seasoned people here what are your thoughts?
>>
>>32632583
Being shot at and shooting back is "brave" i guess.
>>
>>32620719
Did someone make Shia watch one of his own movies?
>>
>>32632583
Being brave would have been mag dumping on the old guy as he raised his rifle knowing you could eat a round in the process. Dinkheller ran for cover, I might have run for cover too but it certainly would not have been brave. There is a fine line between brave and stupid.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.