[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this gun too good to be true, /k/? I want a $100 pew pew...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 275
Thread images: 29

File: D16.png (7KB, 877x203px) Image search: [Google]
D16.png
7KB, 877x203px
Is this gun too good to be true, /k/? I want a $100 pew pew...
>>
>>32617498

You get what you pay for.
>>
>>32617498
I remember the first thread. The kid's in over his head. If anything, he'll create one pipebomb prototype and give up.
>>
>>32617498
I smell ATF trickery. Either that or someone who really hates hands.
>>
>>32617516
>>32617545
>>32617565
Fags
>>
>>32617679
>falling for schemes
Smells like rhodie camo in here.
>>
>>32617498
If you're an adult, you should know that EVERYTHING is too good to be true.
>>
>>32617679
Are your feelings hurt, meme man?
>>
>>32617545
info on whats going on?
>>
>>32617804
Some anon is trying to make and sell trash 9mm rifles for 100 dollars (probably more) an makes threads about it periodically. I expect it to end terribly
>>
>>32617823
Ah okay sounds fun.
>>
>>32617804
Most likely some Autismos ARG "I was only pretending to be retarded" project called the Pepe Liberator which has culminated in that MS paint """"Schematic"""" which is even less interesting that the "Email Kel-tec guy"

Its current ""form"" is a 9mm blowback carbine that takes Glock mags has a polymer body a free-float barrel.

Currently missing a trigger mechanism, Ejector, Bolt, Locking lugs, locking mechanism, spring and spring pressures, Actual barrels he is supposed to get or make that keeps the cost low and probably a thousand other details that are needed even to make basic firearms
>>
File: 1474823768672.jpg (114KB, 557x305px) Image search: [Google]
1474823768672.jpg
114KB, 557x305px
>>32617679
(you)
>>
now if you actually put that engineering skill into figuring out how to manufacture one part of an AR at a lower cost, you could actually make a meaningful difference...
>>
>>32617886
Blowback designs don't need chamber locking mechanisms dipshit. It relies on the forces of the spring and friction to keep the bolt closed until the bullet exits the barrel.
>>
>>32618006
If you're going to correct someone try to at least sound smarter.
>Inertia
>>
>>32617498
I posted some pics up and made a good thread concerning my planned $400 semi auto sten based 9mm prototype and pepe liberator made some decent contributions to the thread.

I think hes reaching farther than he can grasp right now though by posting a neat dream without a protype or atleast some real substance to back it up.

I tossed him my email I use for interacting with various people on 4chan hoping we could collaborate and swap ideas but he never responded.

On the plus side some guy named Dave offered to send some free ammo for shooting demos in my upcoming youtube channel that I plan to chonicle the building of my refined 2nd prototype with, and thats pretty cool.

I should give out my email on 4chan more often!
>>
Oy vey, buy my gun for $50! What a bargain at $100! You'll never beat this value at $150! It's such an ingenious design you're lucky I'm only charging $200!
>>
>>32617498

It is absolutely real and I can assure you it is reaching completion at a feverish pace.

>>32617545

You have no idea how old I am, people who call other people kids tend to be pretty immature themselves.

"one pipebomb prototype"

Just stop, you sound stupid. It's 9mm.

"It's gunna kersplooy guize!!!!"

>>32617565

It will be plenty Ergonomic. What you are seeing is a concept draft. Relax.

>>32617679

This.

>>32617702

Don't try to pin a scam on me. It's unwarranted, I have been extremely responsive to everyone, and consistently delivered sauce.

>>32617716

That mentality is what causes people to normalize paying exorbitant amounts of money for diesel engine parts, boats, etc. Don't get upset because I'm bringing something new to the market.

>>32617731

It's not me, I have a trip. Still doesn't change the fact that you are a nay-sayer. Nobody likes a whiner.

>>32617804

A 9mm carbine rifle is being produced for the masses, at an extremely reasonable price.

>>32617823

It was *Always* the 100 dollar *range*. Get your facts straight.
>>
>>32617823

"Trash rifles"

I'm also really curious to know how you know. Have you seen the drafts, have you seen the components? No?

>>32617886

This rifle will be a champion of /k/,

"Currently missing a trigger mechanism, Ejector, Bolt, Locking lugs, locking mechanism, spring and spring pressures, Actual barrels he is supposed to get or make that keeps the cost low and probably a thousand other details that are needed even to make basic firearms"

It's literally missing none of those things, thank you for your concern. I don't need to argue with you on account of the fact that you will understand your ignorance soon enough.

You haven't seen them so they don't exist? Good logic there. I'm glad you are the arbitrator of what is and isn't real.

>>32617928

Having faith in a project that is clearly real if you visit the FB page....is Leddit tier? Really? You need to update your meme folder dude.

>>32617945

There are enough variables in what you just said that you pretty much made invalid.

>>32618031

This guy gets it.
>>
>>32620433

Let me just re-iterate for the hundreth time. It was always the 100 dollar range. I never said 50, I never said 100$s on the spot, I said ~100$, or 100$ range.

So which is it? Is it not real or now it costs too much?
>>
Engage maximum damage control
>>
>>32621464
>>32621515
>>32621528
>I'm a serious engineering, I swer guise!
>spends all morning shitposting on full autismo mode on a cantonese sock puppet aficionados website
go back to your meds, spectrum child
>>
i'd buy one
>>
>>32621515
You type like a retard and don't give details about your project. Nobody takes you seriously.

You've also had a chip on your shoulder since the start, I hope you succeed but fully expect you to fail. Maybe if you were actually transparent about the design instead of saying "NUH UH GUYS I TOTALLY HAVE THAT COVERED ACID ETCHED RIFLING HUH HUH" people wouldn't think you were such a jack ass and actually root for you.

Naming your gun "Pepe liberator" just pissed more people off, imo. kys
>>
>>32620202

"I posted some pics up and made a good thread concerning my planned $400 semi auto sten based 9mm prototype and pepe liberator made some decent contributions to the thread. "

I appreciate that, I also thought you had some good ideas, and hope we can work out whatever kind of misunderstanding that I think is taking place here.

"I think hes reaching farther than he can grasp right now though by posting a neat dream without a protype or atleast some real substance to back it up."

Everything I have posted is post creation. That is, anything anyone has ever seen, is being viewed weeks after it has already been done.

I'm not sure I'm understanding how it is that you have reached that conclusion. You don't know me, my team, our current level of development, the resources at our disposal, etc. I'm not even saying that to be a dick, but...if you are saying you think I'm beyond my reach...I'm interested to know how you drew that conclusion.

"I tossed him my email I use for interacting with various people on 4chan hoping we could collaborate and swap ideas but he never responded."

No offense Breeki but that isn't really a fair thing to say; you had my email too. You said you were busy with EAS / R&R or something to that effect and you needed a little time to get your Youtube channel up and running; and I did too. I haven't forgot about you dude! I would love to work together, I thought we were going to, and I hope we do!
>>
>>32621528
Have you filed the ITAR?
>>
File: stamp.png (209KB, 1093x534px) Image search: [Google]
stamp.png
209KB, 1093x534px
>>32620202

"On the plus side some guy named Dave offered to send some free ammo for shooting demos in my upcoming youtube channel that I plan to chonicle the building of my refined 2nd prototype with, and thats pretty cool."

Breeki, if you look at the CC of that email, I'm in the CC line. I wrote you and Dave a huge letter, that I thought you would be able to see. He never got back to me! I though you both never responded to me!

Which is why I'm shocked to hear you say I never got ahold of you, I thought I did!

I would be *more* than happy to provide proof I have Dave's original email that he sent you, and that I responded!
>>
>>32621638

He offered +P Buffalo bore .380 ammo, right?
>>
>>32621633
>can't even greentext a quote
you're sperging out of control, snowflake
>>
>>32621549

Or making sure people aren't spouting off complete retardation at a project that I'm 100% sure many people are very excited about.

>>32621569

"I'm a serious engineering, I swer guise!"

What are you even trying to get at?

"pends all morning shitposting on full autismo mode on a cantonese sock puppet aficionados website"

Are you not currently here?

>>32621602

Good, you will get one. Count on it.

>>32621626

""NUH UH GUYS I TOTALLY HAVE THAT COVERED ACID ETCHED RIFLING HUH HUH""

I never said that once, and you know I never said that once.

"Naming your gun "Pepe liberator" just pissed more people off, imo. kys"

You mean like you, the troll guy who brings up the same points every thread, and claims it's not you?
>>
>>32621694
So have you filed the ITAR or are you totally asking to get v&?
>>
>>32621636

We are incorporating by the end of the month, and no it won't be "Pepe Liberation Technologies Unlimited." Once that is completed, 07 FFL is next, and then the biggest pile of bullshit tax on the planet known as ITAR....will be paid.

The gun will still be the PL-9, and many maymays will be had.
>>
>>32621644

Perhaps I don't feel the need to. Anything else to add?

>>32621711

See

>>32621720
>>
>>32621711
>>32621727

Are you seriously Implying I would try to sell guns without the proper licenses? What?
>>
>>32621734
Was curious if we were going to get epic memes in the form of a frog rifle, or epic memes in forms of you and yours getting gathered up and hearing about it on the news.

Either way I win.
>>
>>32621734
Well you're trying to engineer a gun and you don't know anything about engineering, so I wouldn't be surprised if you were going to sell them without knowing anything, either.
>>
File: trump_checkem[1].jpg (82KB, 700x512px) Image search: [Google]
trump_checkem[1].jpg
82KB, 700x512px
>>32621638
Will dubs, trips, quints etc be special editions?
also chekem
>>
I'm not condemning or patronizing anyone here but I sure would like to know:

When designing or building a gun, how much goes into things like material science, strength, durability, etc. Like are all the minutia calculated beforehand? Each and every spring is calculated to be the exact length and load, each piece's material selected based on i dont even know what factors.

In gist I guess I'm asking for resources on the entire gun design and production process if anyone has any. Not because I want to build a gun or anything, but because I just want to see the scope of the process
>>
>>32621743

Just the former, sorry to disappoint you.

>>32621745

That's a good one dude, you are very funny and smart. Are you going to admit you are wrong and purchase one when they are ready for sale?
>>
>>32621782
>Like are all the minutia calculated beforehand?
They should be. High pressure vessels are nothing to fuck with and a gun that doesn't work properly can get the wrong people killed (your customers).
>>
>>32621790
>Are you going to admit you are wrong and purchase one when they are ready for sale?
Fuck no, I value my fully functioning body. I will give you an A for effort if you actually ever get this available commercially and don't get arrested or sued.
>>
>>32621780

You like Huey Lewis and the News?

Their early work was a little too new wave for my taste. But when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humor. In '87, Huey released this; Fore!, their most accomplished album. I think their undisputed masterpiece is "Hip To Be Square". A song so catchy, most people probably don't listen to the lyrics. But they should, because it's not just about the pleasures of conformity and the importance of trends. It's also a personal statement about the band itself. Hey, Anon!

Yes there will be, and they will cost a premium.
>>
>>32621805
I mean no offense and I hope you don't mind my asking, what are your credentials? Or the credentials of your team?
>>
>>32621782
not a gun engineer, but I'm a mechanical one.
most of the basic stuff like pressure, safety factors, required dimensions of parts can be easily calculated and simulated in CAD software. since guns are pretty old there are probably shitloads of pisseasy standards and factors use and follow.
springs are ezpz, just follow the standards.
these calculations will give requirements to the material quality and dimensions, and then you can basically read the spec sheets of different steels.
the challenging part would be designing the production and lifecycle.
since alot of unforeseen issues will show up, and its easy to fuck up without much experience
>>
>>32621827
Thanks for the insight

Sometimes I regret majoring in ee instead of mech e ;_;
>>
>>32621782

Some things yes, and some things no. Your ideals, and design concepts can be of unlimited scale, material, complexity, etc; but when it comes time to apply them in reality you have constraints such as time, money, etc.

Does that answer your question?

>>32621792

We had this exact same conversation in the last thread. You and I.

Of course they can. Too bad we aren't talking about a .50 BMG or even 5.56. You wouldn't be spouting this shit off if we were talking about .22, and you shouldn't be applying it to a low pressure pistol cartridge either.

>>32621803

Now that we have this settled, why don't you leave the threads alone seeing as how you don't want one, or have anything productive to add.
>>
File: cutaway view of lever.png (268KB, 1661x655px) Image search: [Google]
cutaway view of lever.png
268KB, 1661x655px
>>32621745
To be fair JMB had no formal engineering training and he was extremely successful.

My design seems a lot further along than this and I haven't worked on it for months and never spammed threads about it.

It was a 10mm lever delayed blowback bullpup SMG that takes Glock mags and ejects downwards behind the magazine.
>>
>>32617886
>Locking lugs, locking mechanism
>on a blowback
Good one.
>>
>>32621827

This person gave a good answer. Be like this person.

>>32621845

EE is pretty cool. I wouldn't knock it.

>>32621823

I don't mind your asking, however It's not really relevant, and I will make our work speak for us. There will be a lot of people on this board with egg on their faces; sooner than later.

Overall, we have gotten a pretty positive response, and for that, I am grateful.
>>
>>32621847
>Some things yes, and some things no. Your ideals, and design concepts can be of unlimited scale, material, complexity, etc; but when it comes time to apply them in reality you have constraints such as time, money, etc.
>Does that answer your question?

I meant from more of a mechanical engineering standpoint. Number crunching of various loads, pressures, and tensions. How much of that is calculated (if so, how?) beforehand and how much is determined after making a prototype and gathering empirical data

At any rate, I support the endeavor. I suspect most of the criticism and flak you receive here is the seed of jealousy by those who possess no inspiration or determination to realize their own dreams
>>
>>32621861

That's why I said they weren't missing, because they were not part of the design. This retard will probably counter by saying I should have pointed that out "ha, gotcha!"

He spams every single thread.

>>32621848

That's really cool man, thanks for sharing it.

I would remind you friendly that you aren't aware of our current level of completion.
>>
>>32621848
>To be fair JMB had no formal engineering training and he was extremely successful.
I'm not saying that you need to have a degree in order to successfully engineer something, but this kid never even picked up a book and doesn't know the first thing about designing something like this. He didn't even have an idea of what material he would use for a few threads.

You look like you can actually do some shit, though.
>>
>>32621876
>How much of that is calculated (if so, how?) beforehand and how much is determined after making a prototype and gathering empirical data
In 2017, almost all of it is calculated before a prototype is even built. CAE is very advanced specifically for this reason, prototyping can be very expensive in a lot of industries so you want to make sure it isn't a complete failure before you build one.
>>
File: file.png (172KB, 1384x702px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
172KB, 1384x702px
>>32621848
It's basically a cross between a San Cristobal carbine, an Uzi, and a RDB

Heres the le er at full travel. Because the lever multiplies the distance traveled by the bolt carrier compared to the bolt, opening is delayed and chamber pressure can reduce to safe levels before extraction.

Here's the bolt at full forward travel. Since the firing pin is attached to the bolt carrier it only requires one spring for the entire striker/recoil assembly. It's closed bolt, though, because the firing mechanism basically takes the rails out from under the lever. When this happens, the lever can rotate downwards ("locking") and the firing pin on the bolt carrier strikes the primer. Because the firing pin can't hit the primer unless the bolt carrier is all the way forward and the carrier can't be all the way forward unless the lever is all the way locked, it can't fire unless it's in battery.
>>
>>32621464
I encourage you to try and prove /k/ wrong and will congratulate you by buying one, but I'm skeptical that you actually will.
>>
File: 1386893458479.jpg (3MB, 3072x2304px) Image search: [Google]
1386893458479.jpg
3MB, 3072x2304px
>>32621464
until you have a prototype to show this whole concept is a pipe dream and really the only reason for someone to buy one would be as a political statement not as something anyone would actually trust their life to... although it will probably be a better weapon than pic related
>>
>>32621876

Oh ok, well the best way I could answer that is simply by saying: Bringing something to life, is a little bit of an art, and mostly a science.

For instance, the buffer spring. You can't just guess on the tension. I made an educated guess based on various resistances, net forces, etc. Will that work? We will see. But the point is that I did my best to put it into the ballpark, and with some luck...it will work.

Now, other people are going to tell you that I just admitted I don't know what I'm doing, but I do, and they will see that. There are many ways to skin a cat, my friend.

"At any rate, I support the endeavor. I suspect most of the criticism and flak you receive here is the seed of jealousy by those who possess no inspiration or determination to realize their own dreams"

Hey, I appreciate that, and I completely agree with you. There is some envy going on here, and I wouldn't expect it to ever be admitted.
>>32621890

You know why you are a real asshole?

Because you are deliberately misrepresenting the truth. You know full well I told you what the barrel blank material was, and the answer took too long for your liking. You know full well I was never doing electro chem barrels, yet here you are. Looking retarded, just like usual.
>>
>>32621720
Is there a fb page or something where I can follow development?
>>
>>32621908
Wow, the lever is the sear. That's some real clever design, I like the single spring concept.
>>
>>32621927
You know that unless you go for Cost+ pricing youll be making a loss for every unit until you can gain significant economies of scale via trial and error and streamlining production? Just saying, its gunna need a hell of a lot of capital.
>>
>>32621890

You have no idea what I know, and to imply such only damages your own credibility.

>>32621903

"In 2017"

Current fucking year fallacy. Wow, that was a new low.

>Not expensive to make one
>Needing to model something in it's entirety

I don't know how to respond to your stupidity.

>>32621909

Fair enough, I will make it Axiomatic.

>>32621908

I like it. The locking delay for the PL-556 design is a little more minimalist, but I'm impressed at the mashup. I wouldn't have thought to do it like that.

>>32621924

Fair enough, you will see one soon.
>>
File: file.png (253KB, 1086x582px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
253KB, 1086x582px
The charging handles are ambidextrous and non-reciprocating. They are actually quite simple. The recoil guide rod runs through the bolt all the way to be he front of the gun. The charging handle is a tube around the guide rod centered. By the charging handle connector in the front and the trunnion in the back. This is a very simple and effective design. It would be prevented from rotating by the gun housing which isn't shown here.

The barrel would be held in like an Uzi. This allows for easy barrel swapping but I'm concerned about accuracy in terms of headspace. Since the headspace would be determined from the front of the barrel but the bolt would lock on the frame very far away , getting an accurate headspacing may be difficult or impossible. This isn't a problem for blowback guns because they don't have a bolt lockup and therefore don't have to worry about such things.

Ideally, this would be a highly modular gun. I would like the mag wells and furniture to be swappable by popping a few pins. That way, you could get .40 and 9mm barrels and mag wells and have easy application of aftermarket furniture through open interface specifications.

Aftermarket and modularity helps a lot with popularity, so making it as easy as possible for companies to make things for your product is imperative.
>>
>>32621974
>Current fucking year fallacy. Wow, that was a new low.
What the fuck are you talking about? I'm not arguing some fucking moral standpoint. In 2017 computing power is cheap and software is advanced. 20 years ago, even 10 years ago, that wasn't the case.
>>
What niche is this rifle filling? You will be competing with Hi Point, which is already the king of budget carbines.
>>
>>32621974
Link to FB page please
>>
>>32621947

https://www.faceboo.com/PLT-736390326516854/

Add the "k" back in, it won't let me post the full address.

Thanks for your interest

>>32621951

My thoughts exactly.

>>32621961

Dude...what are you talking about? Why would you assume that you know that?

You don't think I've already developed a line process?

I need about...10K. Not much. I am looking for investors, but I can get a loan for it if not.
>>
>>32621903
prototyping complex systems is expensive.
using simulations to verify are cost effective for these systems.
but those simulation programs often cost hundreds of thousand $.
a gun is not a very complex system
>>
>>32622003

No dude, you just committed current year bullshit, and you also said that I should have every single detail planned out for something that doesn't break the bank to make.

Your thinking is so in the box, that I almost feel a little bad for you. This isn't a fucking race car. Get a grip. Literal autist boardroom member thinking.

>>32622013

see

>>32622014

>>32622005

>Hi point
>King of anything
>This is literally half the price
>Doesn't look like shit

Well memed.
>>
>>32621974

You do realize that your whole "you don't know what I know, I have soooper sekrit ways to do everything that I refuse to reveal, everything I do is shrouded in the deepest of secrecy" attitude is the entire reason people are constantly giving you shit right?

The saying goes "put up or shut up", and since the only thing you've shown in weeks is a pipe with a spring in it and a slot Dremeled into the side that any moron could make with $10 of hardware store parts and an hour, you should probably show a whole lot more progress before anyone is going to take you seriously.
>>
>>32622035

Thank you, I'm glad there is a shred of sanity around here.
>>
>>32622045

I literally just posted CAD. This is a private company, pull your head of out of your ass.
>>
File: file.png (364KB, 1427x781px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
364KB, 1427x781px
>>32621986
The extractor and ejector is a major challenge because the extractor has to be on the bottom of the bolt and therefore will be impacting cartridges and making a feed ramp difficult. Perhaps I could have two on either side of the bolt instead. The ejector has to travel the length of the bolt so it will impact the rear plate at full travel and knock the cartridge downwards. This has made it long, thin, and fragile. The pin that holds the firing pin and the bolt and carrier together makes adding an extractor difficult. Perhaps I could have folding/spring loaded extractors mounted on the frame or bolt carrier to unclutter the bolt. It's a challenge. Not shown is the dust cover for the ejection port. It is actuated by the bolt and spring loaded. Its curved surface means it will always be open when the bolt Is at full travel and extracting. I don't know if constantly opening and closing would cause issues.

Thank God for forgotten weapons. There is so much interesting information about firearm mechanisms and design. I used their pictures of the FAMAS bolt and San Christobal carbine for reference and inspiration. A roller delayed blowback system may have been more practical.
>>
>>32622056

Then fucking go away until it's done. That's what everyone is telling you. Why do you even post, to jack yourself off over how sweet your hypothetical gun might possibly someday be? Not like you ever take anyone's advice or suggestions.
>>
>>32622035
You have points. It may not make sense for OP to invest in this software over actual prototyping, but for larger companies like Colt, KAC, and Daniel Defense it typically does.
>>32622042
>No dude, you just committed current year bullshit, and you also said that I should have every single detail planned out for something that doesn't break the bank to make.
>Your thinking is so in the box, that I almost feel a little bad for you. This isn't a fucking race car. Get a grip. Literal autist boardroom member thinking.
What the hell is wrong with you? This conversation isn't about you. He was asking about engineering.
>>
>>32622014
Will you still have parts kits available? I plan on purchasing the ban state model once that's ready, I just have a huge hard-on for parts kits.
>>
>>32622067
you should always keep production techniques in mind when making parts, I see it could use some fillets here and there to allow for better milling
>>
File: thumbsup.jpg (25KB, 301x267px) Image search: [Google]
thumbsup.jpg
25KB, 301x267px
>>32622056
Just wanted to say that, though I am skeptical about the ultimate feasibility of this project, I really want you to succeed and wish you the best.

If it turns out to be legit, I will gladly buy one.

Best of luck!
>>
>>32617498
To be honest, if it is functional and reliable, I'd dish out a hundred bucks for one.
You can never have too many guns.
>>
>>32622067
I think you're making the extractor out to be a larger problem than necessary, what's wrong with a typical shrouded extractor on the right side of the bolt?
>>
>>32622014
> why would you assume that you know that?

Because ive been studying economics for over 5 years and accounting for the last 2; its one of the most basic truths of economics. You only become profitable at the point whereby the marginal overhead per unit produced is less than the profit contribution per unit. That means, after youve paid for all the workers, factory, machinery, electricity etc, you will need to produce enough guns to outweigh that fixed cost per unit. In laymans terms, if it costs you more money to produce that unit than you make from that unit, you are losing money on every unit.

The only way you overcome this is by having enough capital to take that hit, by being massively productively efficient (which only comes with trial & error and increasing productivity through investment in better machinery or better labour) and that only comes once you have produced and sold a good amount of units; again, once your marginal cost per unit is less than the profit contribution per unit, that is when you start making money and not losing it.

Thats why I assume I know that. Literally economics 101 for all startup businesses producing goods.
>>
>>32622073

I absolutely take people advice, which is different than people getting on here spamming the threads. This isn't difficult to understand.

>>32622075

This entire thread literally involves me. Nice try. The point still stands.

>>32622084

Not initially, but yes. I need to recoup some of how much the ITAR is, then I will put a kit together.

>>32622092

Thanks man, I can certainly understand that. Stick with us, I'll deliver.
>>
>>32622126

"You only become profitable at the point whereby the marginal overhead per unit produced is less than the profit contribution per unit."

>Describes net profit

"In laymans terms, if it costs you more money to produce that unit than you make from that unit, you are losing money on every unit."

Wow, tell me more.
In to the garbage with you. You didn't even understand the point I was trying to make. You have no idea what my overhead, price point, or break even is.
>>
>>32622126
Don't even try with him, guy.
>>
>>32622132
>The point still stands.
It never stood.
>>
>>32622126
So, in relation to my original post, you have 2 options:
1) Cost+ pricing - figure out the total cost in terms of fixed costs, variable costs and others, then add profit. This cost goes down the more you produce and the more efficient your production becomes, however I can almost guarantee the first units will be produced at a loss if you sell them for $100 per.
2) Fixed pricing: you sell each unit at the stated price of $100 independent of cost, and absorb the loss per unit until the point whereby you are making more money per unit than youre losing it.
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com(18).jpg (434KB, 3716x2099px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com(18).jpg
434KB, 3716x2099px
>>32622067
Project is on indefinite hold for the time being as I've got a job and moved and lost interest and don't have facilities to prototype and experiment.

My current more practical and realistic desire is to make a SBR bullpup conversion for a PLR-16. It could probably be done and be about the same size and weight of a P90 except firing 5.56. if only it came in .300

The left side charging handle will have a tube guide around the gas tube and a bar with a hook that is above the bolt handle and grabs it close to the body. If I make a cheek rest/rail extension that goes on the top rail, it will come over the right side of the gun and act as a guide for the charging handle extension. The mag release should be a lever in front of the mag well that has a bar that actuates the mag release button. Trigger linkage will the the hardest part. Safety can just block trigger linkage so it can be in an ergonomic location near the trigger and front grip. It should have a P90 style ultra compact two handed grip. May end up being about the same size as a tavor x95

PLR costs less than $500 though
>>
>>32622160
Yeah ive realised my mistake, sadly you see it a lot with young startups, they have the passion but not necessarily the funds or fiscal planning. Hence why 50% of startups fail within their first year. Ah well, we'll see I guess, would love to be proven wrong.
>>
>>32622183
>bullpup conversion
Just stop now.
>>
>>32622152
Well unless your workers plan to work for free, you have a garage big enough for all the free gunsmithing machinery you somehow obtained, not to mention all the free materials, then I can guarantee that it wont matter what your price point is. All that stuff costs a lot of capital. So youre products will either have to absorb that cost in the pricing or you will have to absorb that cost. Sorry bud, no way around it. Just saying, not sure youve fully considered it. Unless you have a year long budgeted plan that you can sustain with $10,000 in which case youd be one of the best accountants ive ever seen.
>>
>>32622122
It is going to eject downwards. That may work fine, usually the ejector opposes the extractor though. Dual extractors would prevent the case from ejecting sideways and possibly getting caught somewhere. Would have to rest it to see what works. Also, there's not a lot of oom in the bolt except for on the bottom due to the ejector and firing pin holes.

I've been trying to keep production in mind a much as possible but it's very much a rough draft. Clearances and tolerances would need to be established as they're not currently considered. I went to a sheet metal received model but I don't know if it was an improvement
>>
>>32622160

You shouldn't approach a situation where you have no idea what the key variables are. He's looks stupid, and so do you.

>>32622171

Zinger.

>>32622196

You do guess, don't you.

>>32622176

You haven't read any other threads, or even this one, or you would realize how stupid you sound. You are explaining high school Freshman Econ to someone with business experience. Please go.
>>
>>32622242
>You are explaining high school Freshman Econ to someone with business experience
you do not have business experience or you wouldn't behave this way.
>>
>>32622204
no
I want my ears to die
>>
>>32622234

"you have a garage big enough for all the free gunsmithing machinery you somehow obtained"

I'm not going into any more details other than saying you are on to something with this point.

I think we are done discussing, you claim I'm unsure of my own operation, yet you are the one assuming things left and right.

You will know when you see it. I have nothing else to say to you. You don't know me, end of story.
>>
>>32621870
>however It's not really relevant
I want to believe and own my frawg spess marin rifle but the fact that you can't list a single credential, brag about at least one members expertise, or even say how large your team is makes this seem fake. I have worked on collaborative projects before and at the most humble times I'd still gush about how good my team was and how so and so can do this and that and whatnot. Are you sure you are real friendo?
>>
>>32622242
Well clearly not enough experience to realize that 10k is nowhere near enough to sustain or implement a startup production of a complex mechanical product. Unless you are literally using the cheapest and nastiest materials, almost no labourers, very basic tooling equipment and doing so from a shed.
>>
>>32622258

Again, we already discussed this in the last thread. I don't know who you are, but you need to get some pussy or a real hobby because you are really tuning into a broken record.

You are butthurt because you were acting shitty and I wouldn't cuck to your every whim. You act like someone who sends a steak back at a fucking chain restaurant.
>>
>>32622260
Alright mate Ill leave you to it, would be happy to be proven wrong.
>>
>>32622261

>Implying I feel comfortable disclosing personal information about my team

Fuck off. (Ricky fuck off, not a real one) They are fantastic, I've said that multiple times openly, no humble about it.
>>
>>32622285

Fair enough, I'll take that. I can leave it there.
>>
>>32622272

Dude, you are killing me with this. You. Don't. Know. What. I'm. Doing. I don't know how else to say this to you.
>>
>>32622235
>It is going to eject downwards.
Oh, I didn't realize. 6 o' clock shrouded extractor should work fine, though.
>I went to a sheet metal received model but I don't know if it was an improvement
Unless you intend on a big output I would stick with a machined receiver.
>>
>>32622273
You're basically doing the same thing as a hi point carbine but with memes that will be passe by the time you get your product to market. How.do you plan on competition with an established brand with much larger production capability and a more streamlined process? How is your product differentiated from theirs? Why should aim buy it over a proven and widely available design? How are you going to make it cheaper than their offering when you'll need to bake startup costs into the price of each gun?
>>
>>32622324
>aim
who
>>
>>32622272

I'm going to leave you with this. I am applying technologies that the old hats don't feel /comfy/ with. This gives me an edge. Combined with the fact that much of the gun is my own design, and made with my specs in mind. You need to relax, and just watch it come to fruition. That's it. That's all.
>>
>>32622333
Aim -> I
Basically "what's your intended customer and value proposition"
>>
>>32622308
I work for the largest shareholder of IWI. Thats all I'll say on the subject, not trying to kick anything off. Once again, would be more than happy to see you succeed mate. If you do succeed Ill tell him about your firm. Best of luck.
>>
>>32622345
>I am applying technologies that the old hats don't feel /comfy/ with
Where in this blowback pipe gun are you applying any new technology?
>>
>>32622357

I'm dying laughing, thank you for that. Ok man, please do lmao

IWI. lol
>>
>>32622377

Why would I tell you that? I mean, really?
>>
>>32622379
IWI is a large and successful weapons manufacturer and, seeing as you aren't, maybe you should be more considerate.
But I guess
>da jewz
Overrides business sense
>>
>>32622379
No need to act like a cunt, seeing as youre the one swinging his dick around about 'business experience' yet no experience in the mass design and production of military grade firearms. Im done with this shit. Have fun lad
>>
About two months into the future these threads will suddenly stop being made, and all noise about it will slowly but surely cease.

It's a shame we can't watch you fail in a more grandiose fashion, but such is the way it goes.
>>
>>32622399
Because you're just speaking bullshit otherwise? Surely you patented these revolutionary technologies, haven't you?
>>
>>32622399
Just tell me why I shod buy your product instead of the competition's. "Designed by you and with your specs in mind" isn't a selling point to me. What needs does it fulfill for ME, as a potential customer?
>>
>>32622415
Basically this
>>
>>32622379
Why do you not disclose any of the details on the project? Why do you dodge simple questions?

The only information we've been given is an MS paint picture and you're assurance that you're just holding back from us. When anybody asks you about it you just backpedal, say it's not important, and then act insulted.

Give us details or fuck off you nigger.
>inb4 you get pissy and don't actually answer any of my questions with meaningful answers.
>>
>>32622289
>implying say "one guy is good at this one particular aspect" or "a bachelor's in mechanical engineering" is personal info. I want to believe but you are pushing suspension of disbelief.
>>
>>32621464
Wait, was your schematics literally just an MS paint gun with a pepe drawn on it?
>>
>>32622461
Basically this yeah.
>>
File: come on buddy.jpg (24KB, 500x368px) Image search: [Google]
come on buddy.jpg
24KB, 500x368px
>>32620433
>>32618006
>>32617886
>>32617823
>>32617731
>>32617716
>>32621644
>>32622324

Im not op, but why do you guys have such a raging hate boner for this guy trying to do something that would be good for /K/?

I mean he is trying to design a cheap rifle for you autistic faggots and all you do is shit on him.

Even if it fails who really give a shit.
>>
>>32622467
So far, yes. He also showed a simple tube barrel and bolt with a pin in it.
>>
>>32622483
Because nothing puts off potential consumers more than a vague product description and no faith given by the percieved developer/manufacturer as to the specifications and requirements of the whole production operation. Like if mcdonalds said 'well...we'll get Billy to go kill some cows, chop em up or something, Jimmy will fry em, and thatll cost you...eh...um...10 bucks?' you wouldnt be too satisfied or comforted with the sincerity that they are actually going to deliver a decent product.
>>
>>32622483
because it's easier to shit on someone and have no expectations than to encourage and be disappointed..autism is a very wide spectrum
>>
>>32622483
I'm
>>32622324

And it's because he won't even answer posts like mine asking basic questions like "why should I buy this", or "what evidence do you have that you can make this a reality"

/k/ has seen a bunch of failed products mainly because actual design and manufacturing are hard. /tg/ has a lot of successful products because making games requires practically no startup costs or specialized expertise and distribution on the internet is free. Rhodesian camo project, which only involved having some companies print a new pattern and make clothing to an existing design has taken forever. My first email from them is may 2013. They're just now talking about delivering the first order this February. How do you think actual arms production will turn out?
>>
>>32622525
but here is the question....what stake do you have in all of this?
>>
>>32622544
Why does someone have to have a stake in something to criticize OP for not knowing what he's doing?
>>
>>32622483
Because he couldn't answer questions because they were "secrets" or something, and he gets mad if you ask real questions regarding the project that may show a negative view of it.

So instead of saying
>thanks for asking, this part is not going so well for X reasons
He goes
>Well you just don't know why you're talking about we have a secret team working on that and no, I won't give any details. You're retarded.
He's a retarded prick. At least Unicorn Fucker was cool even if his project didn't work out, that guy gave details regarding where he acquired parts and diagrams.
>>
>>32622555
well why not give actual helpful advise to someone who is asking nothing of you, or is it you are just as clueless?
>>
>>32622544
Seeing as we are the largest and potentially only viable market, we have a stake in the outcome of the product as part of that marketable demographic.
>>
>>32622570
Because he doesn't want advise. He acts like he knows everything and doesn't give details that would allow for people to constructively criticize the project.
>>
>>32622570
He doesn't want advice, I don't want to give him free advice, and criticism is sort of advice.
>>
>>32622483
He's a cunt.
>>
>>32622483
If the guy behind it wasn't acting insulted all the time, I think a lot more people would be hype. Remember the excitement back when the VSS Vintorez project was active? A cheap, reliable gun is absolutely a plus for /k/. It's just that the guy's kind of a dick.
>>
Also, you guys are falling for this just as hard as that shit with the guy who was making a magical suppressive fire 5.7 a while back. I wouldn't be surprised if this is him rehashing it, the formula is exactly the same.
>>
>>32622581
yes but you can't want the product only to turn around and shoot down every aspect of its production, marketing, and strategy. you must have not wanted it to begin with at that point.
>>
>>32622613
We don't know anything about its production, marketing, or strategy.
>>
>>32622613
I personally dont want it, and even if I did, I dont live in the US, so the point is mute. However, /k/ posters in general will have a stake as they are the demographic it is being marketed to, and consumers of a potential product should be able to have some faith in the person or firm producing the product. Even then, most of the criticisms shown in this thread are not just unfounded hating, they are legitimate questions that the producer is intentionally being vague, dismissive or downright rude about, and that is not how you act if you actually want people in your only viable market to buy your product.
>>
If this actually reaches production, I'd buy a few.
>>
>>32622667
even so, killing the project before any sort of prototype has been unveiled seems very counter productive, if and when he wants input is when people should give it to him
>>
>>32622720
No, it seems very counter productive to be dismissive of every concern of your prospective buyers and to act like a dick to them

If he wasn't such an asshole and provided enough proof (which isn't a lot) that I believed in the project, I'd stop calling him a retard.

If he comes back to his thread he's just going to respond to 10 people in one post without actually saying anything important.
>>
>>32622525
I mean he is still in production and every time this come up he is just berated.
>>32622535
Yeah, I think that might be the root casue.
>>32622542
Fuck off
>>32622559
>>32622609
I get that but these autists just fuck with him and berate him to the point of saying fuck off in my opinion. I'd probably tell a few of you the same.
>>32622595
short and swet
>>
>>32622738
wouldn't you act like a dick if every person called you a retard?
>>
>>32622667
>I personally dont want it, and even if I did, I dont live in the US, so the point is mute.
Okay if you say so
>not a potential buyer opinion discarded.
>>
>>32622720
If he doesn't want input, he shouldn't be posting "details" of his project on a public forum in which anyone can comment. He should have a website and post updates there and turn off comments.
>>32622744
LEAVE BRITTNEY ALOAN
>>
>>32622744
>people just berate him, he's just annoyed now
He's been like this since the start. Even if he wasn't, having a few people call him names doesn't give him the right to be a dick to everyone. If he can't take a couple people calling him a nigger then he shouldn't be on 4chan.
>>
>>32622771
And by "be a dick" I man refuse to give details of the project and calmly other people retarded when they call him out for it.

He's just getting BTFO'd by people asking basic fucking questions that any with basic knowledge of this sort of project should know the answers to.
>>
>>32622763
however the only details we've seen is a bolt mechanism and cad close up..but in those not one mention of "hey guys how can i make this better"...that's not giving details, thats just giving proof of concept
>>
>>32622405
>successful
>produces meme guns like deagle brand deagle and a stamped steel smg

Pick one.
>>
>>32622781
I mean you have a fair point, but if i were in his shoes it's kind of hard to differentiate between the true autism and the functioning autism sometimes. Don't get me wrong, I want some more details before i put that thing in my hands as well.
>>
>>32622799
Actually has military contracts across the world and is financially solvent, which is more than can be said for most US small arms manufacturers. Even US rifles are made by FN.
>>
>>32622800
Yeah, and not only will he not give details. He gets offended if you even imply that he's doing something incorrect but then doesn't try to argue that his way is better because he can substantiate his claims with facts.

Because his facts are "secret"
>>
>>32622753
It's the chick first egg first argument
Actually get off your retard high horse and read this retarded thread and look at the retarded replies from the retard.
Are you from some hugbox where every retard is treated like normal because no hurt feelings?
>>
File: IMG_5895.jpg (42KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5895.jpg
42KB, 1280x720px
>autistic rambling
>gets really defensive easily
>freaks out
>triggered 24/7
>arrogant
>over-confident
>refuses to listen to anyone
>overall bitch/idiot

Who does this remind me of

I don't know about you guys, but I wouldn't buy a gun from keemstar
>>
>>32622833
Ok well lets test this becasue I haven't really noticed it. What would you like to know about the gun?
>>32621515
We have a gentleman with a question, would you be kind enough to address him?
>>
>>32621515
I dont have facebuck but can you link the it? i want to see it please.
>>
>>32622854
What experience does his team have and how large is it?

How will the barrels be acquired and rifled without exceeding the $100 budget?

How many people will be manufacuring them and will this be their full time jobs? How many does he plan/estimate to be able to produce per month and what leads him to these estimates?
>>
>>32622273
>someone who sends a steak back
when you recieve a product that is not done correctly you send it back to have it replaced or the money refunded. You sound like a dirty mexican that gets paid minimum wage at mcdonalds and hates it when every customer complains that you have no idea how to put a simple sandwhich together.
>>
>>32622869
You can buy 17" 9mm barrel blanks for 40-50$
Doesn't exactly leave a lot of room for the rest of the gun, overhead, or profit.
>>
>>32622851
I have read the comments and referring back to >>32622544 you and I have nothing at risk in his endeavor, if it doesn't come to fruition than we have lost nothing, if it does however pan out, it's a win. so sit back, let the fucking guy do his thing, and shut your mouth. or are you on an even higher horse?
>>
>>32622869
i do believe his statements were in the $100 range..not $100 even...lets say for all the threads sake...sub $200..that opens up his budget
>>
File: sj.jpg (174KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
sj.jpg
174KB, 1080x1080px
>>32622869
I think this is him but there isn't at trip. I'd give that answer a 3.3/10 being that the other two questions weren't addressed.
>>32622908
I fell like he was being pretty polite.
>>
>>32622854

Hello, what is his question?
>>
>>32622956
Not my question
Refer to>>32622869
I was just addressing the question to you.
>>
>>32622308
> I. Don't. Know. What. I'm. Doing
ftfy
>>
>>32622971

You have a basic level of decency so it's going to you.

The production runs will initially comprise of 100 units, which will take roughly 2 to 3 weeks to build. This will continue until about the 2k unit range, and production will be rescaled.

There are 2 primary members of my team besides myself. One is an aerospace engineer at a prestigious public university, the other works with guns on a daily basis. They are both integral to the project and have caused its acceleration. I would pass on the discussion of our roles, it's not something I'm at liberty to discuss.

The barrels are 316 stainless, they are rifled using a non chemical process in house, in a semi proprietary manner. This is one of the keys to a low overhead, which also makes it valuable to remain hidden. Sorry, not sorry.
>>
the saddest part about these threads is that everytime some casual is gonna click on it, read about 5 posts and be like AYY FREE GUN GIMME GIMME

And op feels a false sense of approval and keep calling literally everyone else idiots and reply with memes and wonder why he isn't treated as a respectable professional.
that and
>coming to 4chan for advice
>take self very seriously
>complain when called a retard faggot
if you go to, I don't know fucking reddit, you could at least downvote comments you don't like if you want to feel in control.
>>
>>32622869
He answered me here >>32623081
So there we go.
>>
>>32623158
Yup, if he tried to do that for every question my opinion of him would improve greatly. He's at least made himself seem slightly more respectable to me by doing that. Hopefully he doesn't revert to that other bullshit when people fuck with him.
>>
>>32623081
Assuming all of you are working full time for 3 weeks, that's 3.6 man hours per gun. Assuming all of you are working completely efficiently and only making $15 an hour (not that you'd be able to hire experienced machinists for that money) labor costs are about $55 a gun. Barrel blanks were $40. So you're at $95 and you haven't even got half the materials and have paid none of the start up costs. H
What were you going to make the body of the gun out of? It looked like plastic. Does anyone have experience with injection moulding?
>>
File: image_0.jpg (59KB, 335x329px) Image search: [Google]
image_0.jpg
59KB, 335x329px
>>32623081

>an aerospace engineer at a prestigious public university
>the other works with guns on a daily basis

Translation: an undergrad engineering student and a cashier
>>
>>32623225
Never mind about the barrel costs, should have read further. Would still be interested to know the materials cost per gun.
>>
>>32623231
Not even a mechanical engineer. Destined to fail.
>>
>>32623234
This. It appears to be made mostly of cheap pipe but I'm curious what the actually cost of parts comes out to, especially the stock.
>>
>>32621642
He did, you will have to forgive me but the CC kine is just some long german word, and as for my criticism of your project I hope ya dont take it too hard.

I think the idea is great, I think you just might have posted a bit too early is all.

I believe its possible and that you got some good stuff worked out, but without protypes or atleast a good machine draft a lot of other folks are gonna have their doubts.

Dont want you to feel im ripping on the idea itself.
>>
>>32623249
I'm the guy that posted the other design up the thread, but if I were doing this it would just be a tube section gun where the tube is the stock, with a barrel pinned in place, a basic striker fired bolt and ridiculously simple trigger group that can be laser/water cut.
Big coil spring behind the bolt, bolt orientation controlled by charging handle. Buffer in the center of the recoil spring to prevent disassembly without removal. I don't know much about the grease gun but basically a striker fired grease gun because open bolts are not going to be approved.
I don't know what could be cheaper or simpler. Put it in a fancy plastic shell if necessary.

Dunno why this is so complicated and OP needs to be so secretive. It will look like a garage gun and even worse than a luty but what do you expect for $200?
It probably wouldn't come with a magazine. Would take Glock mags.
>>
File: 1481215243508.jpg (61KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
1481215243508.jpg
61KB, 1000x800px
If you pull this off I'll hunt grizzlies in Montana with it.
>>
File: 1477202332429.jpg (61KB, 416x620px) Image search: [Google]
1477202332429.jpg
61KB, 416x620px
>>32623081
>prestigious public university
so a community college janitor
>the other works with guns on a daily basis
probably an paintball shop employee
>it's not something I'm at liberty to discuss.
you actually don't have any information so you are saying this in order to sound like you have an impotent secret.
>>
I believe it will happen so fuck what people say. You really need to make it happen faster then it already is cus I wanna see this fag >>32623659 hunt a bear
>>
>>32623659
>hunt grizzlies
>with hypothetical pepe 9mm blowback
aren't there less insulting ways to kill yourself?
>>
>>32617498
Won't believe it until I see it
Either way it's a 100$ gun, don't know what you would expect.
>>
>>32623659
>lol i gonna hunt bear with 9meme
>>32623694
>yeah boi imma too intelligent 2 care fuck the haterz u should totally hunt bear
poetry
>>
>>32623958
>>32623958
He's "applying technology old hats don't feel comfortable with"
Which sounds to me like it's going to be ludicrously unsafe.
>>
>>32623863
>>32623990
If I die by bear I die how I lived, incrediblely autistic. If I'm successful then I'll be the first man to meme a bear to death.
>>
File: ok anon where are you .png (9KB, 879x214px) Image search: [Google]
ok anon where are you .png
9KB, 879x214px
>>32623990
>not understanding basic humor and and simple emotions
>>
>>32624044
kek

Fucking a bear to death with a frog stamped 9milly pipe bomb.

>digits confirmed. Autism engage
>>
>>32622067
What kind of magazine?
>>
File: a-red-panda-patti-truesdell.jpg (229KB, 1046x698px) Image search: [Google]
a-red-panda-patti-truesdell.jpg
229KB, 1046x698px
>blowback
>open bolt
>stiker fire
>home made
>under $100

hmmm.. really makes u think
>>
>>32622720
You realize he's been making these threads for over a month and nothing has changed, right?

He's a troll, at least.
>>
>>32623246
Maybe he's trying to make the guns fly.
>>
>>32622096
It won't be.

Esp. With a 10k loan
>>
>>32622345
3d printing with metal?
>>
>>32624446
Those machines cost about 100,000x what junior's allowance is.
>>
>>32622753
If everyone calls me a retard, I'm probably being a dumbass
>>
>>32624137
Was going to design it around a Glock magazine. But the mag well would be able to be swapped out so if a mag well could be made for other mags that functioned reliably with the same feed ramp and bolt, it could use those.
>>
File: lever cutaway detail new.png (165KB, 1322x678px) Image search: [Google]
lever cutaway detail new.png
165KB, 1322x678px
>>32624641
Mocking up the magazine in SOLIDWORKS was challenging. I'm not trained in modelling or reverse engineering so modelling it accurately enough to design accurately around it may be beyond me. It's not an open standard. I had some calipers and a protractor and did the best I could.

This also shows some of the sheet metal design that an anon warned me against. The lever/sear release mechanism was changed as well. It now slides forward rather than pushing something outwards to the side. It means a longer travel and probably a worse trigger. The design is less complicated and bulky though
>>
>>32624770
If I recall, I bounced you the dimensions of the glock 20 mag way back when.
>>
>>32624872
Yep, thanks for that. It's the angles and feed geometry that's particularly challenging and practically requires technical drawings to fully communicate.
>>
>>32624885
3d scanners are cheap these days
>>
>>32624446
That's not new technology and it's definitely nothing he came up with.
>>
>>32625169
He'd be better off with mim anyway
He doesn't have the resources for that either.
>>
File: bait~03.jpg (45KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
bait~03.jpg
45KB, 1000x1000px
>>32621464
>You have no idea how old I am, people who call other people kids tend to be pretty immature themselves.

>"one pipebomb prototype"

>Just stop, you sound stupid. It's 9mm.

>"It's gunna kersplooy guize!!!!"
>>
>>32624770
You might want to come up with your own magazine for this purpose, it would give you much more flexibility. The Glock magazines would probably leave people wanting for capacity, anyway.
>>
>>32625191
Magazines are one of the hardest parts of a firearm to get right and to manufacture. Theyre also one of the largest causes of malfunction. By choosing a common, cheap magazine I avoid most of those problems. Perhaps I could make an extender like Kriss does for their vector. That would be relatively easy, Id just need the extender portion and a spring.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>ends up creating a polymer carbine kit that comes with a hi point c9

would buy/sides would die/10
>>
>>32625249
I know, I was just saying it is something you might want to consider. You could try .40/10mm MP5 magazines if you want something that would just work, but they are pricey.
>>
>>32625191
All double stack 9mm mags are the same so you have 10 to 100 round capcities, 33 round glock mags are cheap
>>
>>32625289
>All double stack 9mm mags are the same
Uh, no, and this guy is talking about 10mm.
>>
>>32622483
I've noticed a distinct uptick in overly negative comments in all threads about anything new on this board, I'm beginning to think its antigun shills, none of the arguments presented have much fact to the facts, its mostly just irrational "fuck you it will never work, or that price is a lie" and similar shit. its very annoying
>>
>>32622067
>>32624770

I can help you with the bolt.

can you upload a pic of the feed ramp and chamber with mag inserted?
>>
>>32625284
It would probably be easier if I used a double stack magazine like that, but I'd prefer to not have to manufacture mags if there's something already proven and available on the market. If I design around a double stack mag it would be harder to accommodate other single stack magazines. If it were to ever go I to production and get mag wells for different manufacturers mags, that is.
>>
>>32625314
Yea, ok buddy. Several people on here have given enough details about the problems this project faces. You just want to ignore it.
>>
>>32617498
If only you were a few years earlier, you'd be able to get a nugget for 100.
>>
>>32625322
I'm not just talking about this pipegun, guy. ANY thread on here for the past couple months about new tech or new anything really.
no helpful comments just straight up "no your product sucks, shill" and the like
>>
File: 1481438971100.gif (623KB, 360x263px) Image search: [Google]
1481438971100.gif
623KB, 360x263px
>>32622345
>watch it come to fruition.
build a prototype otherwise you are both delusional and full of shit, people will shit on you constantly until they see a time stamped functional prototype with a youtube video showing it fire w/o going k/b you will still get shit on but that is what happens on 4chan.
>>
>>32625348
How many new products get debuted on /k/? None?

No legitimate company would be caught dead on this website, they barely frequent actual forums unless they're on the up and up.
>>
>>32625314
I never got any negative comments about my design (I've been posting the CAD drawings), but I never promised that I would bring it to production (just gonna attach all the CAD files to an email and send it to the keltec customer service department desu) or that it would be literally the cheapest firearm in its caliber of any type currently available on the market.
>>
>>32625361
>debuted
what the fuck do you think I'm talking about?
>>
>>32625377
I'm not sure what you don't understand. Were we not talking about negativity about new products?
>>
>>32621633
>being viewed weeks after it has already been done
you need to actually do something snowflake and an MS paint sketch of your vague idea is not an accomplishment.
>>
>>32625392
I'm not talking about companies coming here, and im not sure wy you are. I'm talking about any thread where the subject is something new
most recently a thread bout the NAS3 cases.

>>32625363
did you make threads about your thing? or post them in other threads?
>>
>>32625411
>did you make threads about your thing? or post them in other threads?
He's been posting them here.
>>
>yfw op is secretly baiting the nogunz meme-chasing idiots
>yfw op is a double agent intended to send disguised explosives to people who don't know any better
>yfw op could potentially give fuel to anti-gun media or appeal to bottom barrel frogposters in order to achieve something greater
really fires up those neurons
>>
>>32625314
I feel it too, I'm by no means some fucking pussy ass gaping hole liberal but the recent negativity minus that story thread seems to have picked up
>>
>>32624077
I officially accept the challenge of killing a bear with this meme carbine if it's produced.

Will buy carbine and gobro photage of the bear being memed to death as proof.
>>
>>32625322
>>32625361
Dude relax its just a Malaysian finger painting instruction manual forum, no need to get all worked up
>>
>>32625614
*Go pro
>>
>>32625614
grizzly or black
>>
>>32625634
Grizzly.
>>
>>32625634
Bara
>>
>>32621464
Have you considered 380 instead? Less chance for a kablooey.
>>
>>32625449
yes, I can see that. I wasnt sure if it was the first time hes posted them or what

>>32625606
I think the most irritating part of it is the cognitive dissonance, the negative posters are usually arguing about some point that was never an issue, or something thats only tangently related to the subject at hand, like this guy>>32625361
I have no idea why he decided to bring up literally everything in that post but he did and it had almost nothing to do with anything
>>
File: fuckem.jpg (319KB, 806x1200px) Image search: [Google]
fuckem.jpg
319KB, 806x1200px
>>32625644
Good, you truly are a mans man.
>>32625647
I had to google that, pic related
>>
>>32622379
Can I special order a long barrel one to help liberate Montana grizzlies?
>>
>>32621464
do you have any actual experience in engineering? What program you using to draft the design?
>>
>>32621638
>>32625784
disregard, didn't notice the screenshot.
>>
>>32625644
Gonna have to go to alaska for it, here in montana theyre still protected. Also, finally got yer email.

Hope im not too pissy sounding. Im still trying to figure out how to be a civ, surly is kinda my default setting.
>>
>>32626089
I live in Montana and I didn't even know this
>>
>>32625709
You're almost as delusional as OP.
>>
>>32626117
Wait? Where? Cuz I do too.

Its actually perfectly realistic for us to work together on shit now. Im gonna be moving into the missoula area on the 20th, but am currently up in the mountains kinda towards lookout pass.

And yeah, theres maybe all of a dozen grizzlies recorded in the state. I mean theres probably more but their numbers are real low and they are near impossible to find. Also if you kill one you're FUCKED.

Wolf hunting recently opened up though........
>>
>>32626154
I don't think I'm the person you think you're replying too.

But Missoula
>>
>>32626169
Shitfuck. Yer right.
>>
>>32626154
>Wolf hunting recently opened up
Dad lives in the Bitteroot and I've seen firsthand what the proliferation of big imported Arctic wolves have done to hunting and livestock. Shooting a few dozen a year out of the estimated 5000 isn't anything more than window dressing.
>>
>>32626151
>delusional as OP
>OP is anon
how do you even get through the day?
>>
Thoughts on an affordable 'survival rifle' with a .410 or .20 gauge single-shot bolt action on top, and a .22 mag-fed pump action underneath?
>>
>>32626221
No shit, I worked for the forest service when the "reintroduction" was happening.

Native wolf populations were low and actually healthy, plus the native grey-wolf species was about 1/3rd the size of the arctic timber-wolves they started dumping in people's back yards.

Timber wolves not only eat way more, they range over huge territories. A pack of timber wolves dumped in yellow-stone can disappear and pop back up 500-600 miles away 6 weeks later.

On top of that healthy population was set at 1500 breeding pairs and now we got too many to accuratley count beyond a vague "probaly around 4,000 breeding pairs."

Whole thing was a money grub by the forest service's biology department. They denied concrete evidence from locals that we DID have native wolf populations, state legislature denied permission to dump non-native timber wolf species, so the feds used a loop hole and started dumping them off on federal land in wyoming.

Within 6 months they were popping up in far eastern montana slaughtering herds of livestock and stalking hikers in western montana.

State opened up hunting on them, but its not enough, feds deny ranchers damage claims when 6 wolves annhilate 400 head of cattle in a night, and the forest service wants to use our tax dollars to pay people 6 figure salaries to go trap and remove the invasive species that THEY dumped here.

They got paid to fuck up our states ecology, then get paid to clean it up. Big suprise, they are dragging it out so they can keep the high salaries and grant funding going indefinitely, so they arent really cleaning it up.

I may or may not set snare sets for "coyotes" in areas I know a pack of wolves like to roam. If a few wolves end up getting strangled to death in my "coyote" sets, well oopsie, guess the 3 S's apply
(Shoot, shovel, shut up)
Or rather strangle, shovel, shut up.
I do plan on getting my tags for em this year tho. I want to blow one of those fuckin things brains out with my .300 mag.
>>
>>32622045
>You do realize that your whole "you don't know what I know, I have soooper sekrit ways to do everything that I refuse to reveal, everything I do is shrouded in the deepest of secrecy" attitude is the entire reason people are constantly giving you shit right?
It works well for Trump.
>>
>>32627027
because the majority of people are idiots.
>>
>>32627027
No so surprising that he emulates Trump, given Pepe meme, dismissal of IWI, and that in his first threads it was obvious that he didn't know shit about guns. That doesn't seem to have changed.
>>
>>32627969
>tell me more about this 223 wylde caliber
oh i am still laughin
>>
This guy is fucking wild. I started the "Ian is anti-gun meme" and I think this guy is a better troll than me.
>>
>>32625322
>says the troll that literally works for da joos
>>
>>32622461
This
>>
>>32625314
Truly amazed that the anti-gun shills are coming out of the wood work several weeks later to pick on a simple 9mm DIY it.
The danger is real, you dispense more freedom and more guns available, they will keep going after the originator.
I seriously doubt that some regular /k poster would continue to pick on a simple plan/kit using combined tech that most have overlooked.
If you don't like it, don't buy it. Simple free market.
Were they that butt hurt that a 9mm pistol carbine is such a challenge to their AR or AK? Nah, pistol carbines in the AR/AK sub $500 have been around for a while.
It's not the dollar amount, or the slight bubba-try of the operation. He gets it DONE.
Better than the talking heads who don't have any skillz to even fix their house with hand tools. Of course if it can't be dildo whacked, then it's someone else's problem.
Fucking ant-gunners can't put the rock down and then try to dildo smack talk with their rant two weeks later since the last posting my the originator.

This motivates others to help the PL9 and whatever else he has going.
Same for BreekiBro's sten-ish clone.
Granted, neither is ready for gofundme status, but you never know who might just mail a box of legal tools and jigs.
>>
>>32626423
KEK.
Like road departments who take forever to fix something or complete anything on budget.
"The state level guys dig with teaspoons. The feds are better, they dig with tablespoons."
>>
>>32617498
Why not add a rail to the fore end underside and sides?
>>
File: ATF recovers lost firearms.jpg (211KB, 1614x1575px) Image search: [Google]
ATF recovers lost firearms.jpg
211KB, 1614x1575px
>>32617498
Is that an open bolt?
>>
File: pepefoot.png (136KB, 325x325px) Image search: [Google]
pepefoot.png
136KB, 325x325px
>>32627027
Pepe is elusive and secret. Seen with bigfoot at times also.
>>
>>32624770
>I had some calipers and a protractor and did the best Icould
I knowthat feel man
I didthat for a cockpit using nothing but a tape measure (imperial) and a protractor. Fuckin' curves man.
>>
>>32630993

Nope
>>
I don't see why you're so against posting some kind of tangible proof of concept. A video demonstrating the trigger mechanism would be enough to shut most of your critics up.
>>
>>32630914
>He gets it DONE
except he hasn't, all he has done is create shitty threads on /k/ with no evidence of ever actually getting out of his parents basement, he has yet to produce a single functional prototype has no viable means of production, and is an asshat to any and all who disagree with or question him.
>>
>>32629821
What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>32632742
>A video demonstrating the trigger mechanism would be enough to shut most of your critics up.
We've seen it, it only made me even more skeptical of his capability.
>>
>>32633983
Link?
>>
>>32634090
It's on their highly embarrassing Facebook page.
>>
>>32633888
Trips of truth
>>
File: 32acp.jpg (70KB, 1206x750px) Image search: [Google]
32acp.jpg
70KB, 1206x750px
>>32633888

this T.B.H.F.A.M.

What exactly shit has he "gets done"?

I can slap together a model in solidworks for a blowback pistol caliber carbine in like 15 minutes.

case in point
>>
>suddenly all these people going LEAVE HIM ALONE WHY ARE YOU GUYS SO NEGATIVE HURR I BET YOU ARE ALL TALK WITH NO SKILL UNLIKE INTELLIGENT OHPEE ARE YOU ANTI GUN REEEEEE
This is either op's personal defense force or like >>32623140 said, clueless fools who doesn't know shit about this "project"

You guys think everyone is just bashing him for no reason, even thinking this is some kind of epic anti-gun conspiracy? Ever thought maybe things happen for a reason?

In the first thread made for this project(yeah that's right this isn't a new idea where every anti gun boogeyman jumped on the hating boat on the first sight), there were a lot more positive feedback, encouragement, and anticipation. While the original poster didn't seem very knowledgeble about firearms, which is fine on its own, it didn't take very long before the "pepe liberator" starts calling people retarded, childish, telling everyone who isn't sucking his dick to fuck off, and actually replied with memes, all while taking himself very seriously. He would type like a redditor, going all HAHA DUDE BRO SHITS GONNA BE SO GOOD DUDE LIKE REVOLUTIONARY FUCKING CLEVER MAN MEMES AMRITE I WAS BORN TO MEME LOL XD
This is the guy who claims to be building homemade firearms for sale, let that sink in for a bit.

And then here's this thread, if you are still too fucking dense to see the problem, just look at how many times a legit, well thought critism, helpful advice or potential customer concerns and questions gets shot down with "lol you know nothing i got this shit in the bag its top secret fuck off if you dont believe"
>>
>>32634246

Can you put a pepe logo on it though?
>>
>>32634332

Only commons, I'm fresh out of rares.
>>
>>32633983
Hahhaha, I just watched it. If that doesn't have a mile long mushy trigger pull I'll be amazed.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-01-03_09-18-44.png (947KB, 834x593px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-01-03_09-18-44.png
947KB, 834x593px
>>32621720
>we are incorporating by the end of the month
awesome I-
>and no it won't be "Pepe Liberation Technologies Unlimited"
YOU MOTHER FUCKER I'VE FOLLOWED YOUR ASS AROUND FOR OVER A MONTH HOPING BEYOND HOPE THAT YOU COULD GET YOUR RIFLE OFF OF THE GROUND AND YOU SPIT IN KEK'S FACE LIKE THAT? I AM SO FUCKING MAD
>>
>>32634608
I'm really not sure why they thought that design was good, never mind that awful craftsmanship. Is a conventional trigger not simple enough?

So far what they've shown is sub prototype level, I've seen nicer products assembled as a proof of concept.
Thread posts: 275
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.