[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Banning hollow points in warfare seems kind of silly, if you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: fucking hague convention.png (590KB, 785x589px) Image search: [Google]
fucking hague convention.png
590KB, 785x589px
Banning hollow points in warfare seems kind of silly, if you ask me. Am I just missing something? I was always under the impression that the purpose of hollow point was to prevent over penetration, not cause suffering.
>>
>>32615183
In the event of a miss, and with supressive fire there are many not so centermass hits, it would be incredibly painful and would involve much undue suffering.

That is their logic on it, over penetration is not usually a concern. And considering that pistol chambered weapons are rarely fielded, it makes no real difference.
>>
>>32615213
>Rifle-caliber HP doesn't exist
>>
>>32615213
>And considering that pistol chambered weapons are rarely fielded, it makes no real difference.
You know there was a time before assault rifles m8
>>
>>32616572
99% of them aren't worth a shit.
>>
>Go to a war
>Not allowed to kill people in the most optimal way possible
>Rules and set win conditions
War is LITERALLY just a sport.
>>
>>32617641
it's only war crimes if you lose
>>
>>32615213
Extremely painful ?
>>
>>32617979
t. Radhabinod Pal
>>
Hollowpoint ammunition isn't banned. Ammunition that is designed to expand is banned during conflicts where the adversaries are signatories to the Hague convention.

Hollowpoint ammunition is sometimes made for ballistic properties, moving the center of gravity back. Open tip match ammo falls into this category. You'll also see that projectile manufacturers (Sierra comes to mind) recommend not using match king bullets on game specifically because it doesn't expand as well as their soft point game king projectiles.
>>
>>32617996
Yes, unless you're a big guy
>>
>>32617641
The issue with hauge is not about killing people efficiently, its about not employing methods to exclusivly people.

Now, its outdated in regards to hollow points (which used to be shit tier ballisticly and terminal effects), but the intent is there.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.