[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What constitutes a prohibited person?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: 1381256892660.gif (2MB, 400x326px) Image search: [Google]
1381256892660.gif
2MB, 400x326px
Sup /k/. Long story short I know a guy who is just now getting into guns. Problem is that he liked weed a bit in college and now that he's getting out he's gonna try and stay clean. He's curious about the time frame of "recent use" for pot that would disqualify him from purchasing a gun. The statues are murky as fuck and its not exactly clear. He was habitual for a year; I know that much. Would there be a difference if it was a one time experimentation?

TL/DR: how long should my friend stay clean to cover his ass if he wants to buy a gun and later wants to get a job with a security clearance if he doesn't want to lie on the form?
>>
>>32615102
>doesn't want to lie on the forms.
He can never legally own a firearm

>doesn't want to be a faggot like you
He can own a firearm.
>>
>>32615119
I figured. I know I already told him I'll never sell him a gun.
>>
>>32615137
Who the fuck is going to tell anyone?

Stop being a pussy and tell him to acquire memory loss, he never smoked weed.
>>
>>32615102
Dude...no one will drug test you at the gun store. Like, a month will allow you to pass piss test in case of job (or arrest if you are nigger)
>>
>>32615119
>Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or etc etc

"Are you" is not "were you" or "have you ever been"

His friend can buy a gun if he's not smoking anymore.
>>
>>32615166
>>32615173
This much is obvious.
>>32615180
The problem is that he's talking about getting a security clearance job. If his dumbass admits to doing pot, he wants to know if he would be prosecuted or buying a firearm after the fact. I want to tell him that it depends on usage, but there isn't much of an answer floating around.
>>
>>32615234
My answer from >>32615180 doesn't change. The 4473 doesn't care about your past drug usage.
>>
>>32615234
>If his dumbass admits to doing pot

Then he won't get hired.
>>
File: lel harvey oswald.png (2MB, 1472x1104px) Image search: [Google]
lel harvey oswald.png
2MB, 1472x1104px
>>32615102
Tell this faggot to detox, write that he doesn't and didn't smoke weed, get his gun, tell the employer what they want to hear and move on.

What fucking magic answer did you hope k would have for you?

You know the situation, you know he smoked weed habitually, you know the questions, What is the issue here.

Either get clean and lie like an adult or tell him to fuck off find something else to do.
>>
he's prohibited for life, a criminal record never expires.
>>
File: 1464561674263.jpg (1MB, 9144x6096px) Image search: [Google]
1464561674263.jpg
1MB, 9144x6096px
>>32615454

OP asked b/c while /k/ likes to mentally masturbate about fighting the gubment when they "come for the guns", most /k/omandos are straight edge as fuck and have never actually smoked weed before.

There was a pretty funny thread a few days back where some guy asked if he could buy a gun since he had his MJ med-card. Bunch of old fudds showed up and shitposted/flamed the guy (and other mj smokers) and told him he'd get 5-10yrs because "Federal Law"

meanwhile my buddy has a med-card and a CCW in Commiefornia lol
>>
Kek i missed that. I just always assume they are just really young and a'scured the feds know everything or even give a shit.
>>
Appreciate the replies, I'll let him know the ball is in his court now.
>>
>>32615555
Seriously though, what the fuck does he think the lgs is gonna do?

>LGS: Okay you seem pretty nervous there faganon, wouldn't happen to have smoked pot through you years at college would ya now?
>faganon: uh-h-h n-no sir-r.
>LGS: Well even though all you have to do is check this box that says "no i dont" on the paper, I dont beleive you.
>faganon: o-ok. So what do i do-o?
>LGS: Drop your pants and whip it out. Were doin' sum back ground screenin.
>faganon: Its okay i dont even want it anymore.
>LGS: It aint up to you any more boy...
>>
>>32615102
Security clearance for what? I know the cops don't care if you tried weed ( in fact if you say you haven't it looks suspicious) when applying. However I wouldnt tell them it habitual. As long as he hasn't been charged or in treatment, they know kids will be kids.
>>
>>32615102
OP, the ATF is not going to show up to your door and tell you to piss in a cup. Tell your friend not to get any felony possession/distribution charges and he won't have any problem.
>>
>>32615102
Are you and ur friend dumb? Does he have a criminal record? Has he ever been arrested for doing drugs? If the answer is no then yes he can buy a gun. All you have to do is check a box on a piece of paper that says "nah homie I ain smoke grass". As for the job/security clearance as long he can pass a drug test and he's not taking polygraph all he has to do is lie and if he does have to take a polygraph then he just say that he did but it was only a few times in HS
>>
>>32615555
And when someone tells the ATF or the California Bureau of Firearms he has a med card for MJ they will make him a test case.
>>
>>32617074
Bullshit, I had this neighbor when I was a kid who worked for the ATF or some shit and he's been collecting samples of urine from me for the last 15 years because I'm a person of interest or some shit. I've even moved states a few times since and I keep getting these official documents in the mail that say I need to mail him a sample every week.

On the other hand, I DO do a shitload of drugs and still haven't lost my guns. So maybe they don't actually test all the samples and if you accept the test guidelines that's enough to pass or something?
>>
>>32617740

ha
>>
>>32615234

I can actually answer this question.

It depends on the agency/job and it depends on the application and interview process.

I conduct hiring for a LEA, and we don't care about past usage, we care about truthfulness and content of character. I couldn't give less of a shit if you smoked in high school, what I care about is if you still want to smoke, plan on smoking, do smoke, or think it is okay with someone with a clearance to generally get fucked up all the time.

Same with petty crimes. I don't care if you stole your mom's purse money when you were 14, I care if you think it is okay to steal from people now.

Basically, I want to know if you are going to be a liability to your partner or to the agency, if I think you are, you aren't getting the clearance/job. It really is as simple as that. There are follow up questions.

>have you ever smoked pot
>yes
>when was the last time
>I was in high school
>do you still want to smoke?
>would you still smoke?
>do you think it is okay to smoke?

Stuff like that. If you lie. If you lie, you're fucked, if you tell the truth and I can tell you legitimately aren't going to be a threat, I will pass you to the next level.
>>
>>32617740
Wtf? Have you ever just not given him samples?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.