[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gun Cleaning Supplies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: 1484164438319.jpg (144KB, 1500x1124px) Image search: [Google]
1484164438319.jpg
144KB, 1500x1124px
Alright guys, what do you use to clean your guns? Feel free to talk about your favorite solvents, oils, rods, etc...
>>
The majority of /k/ either doesn't own guns or build 2k AR's that they never fire. How would they know about cleaning supplies?
>>
>>32613833
i keep it pretty basic. 3 piece rod with a brass jag, brake cleaner, breakfree clp, a rag or paper towels.
maybe some q tips if im really trying to clean.
i would like to try a coated dewey rod, they seem better than just the screw together cheap rods
>>
Hoppes no.9 oil
Hoppes solvent
Appropriate cleaning brushes on a stick
Old english wood polish and an old sock for woodstocks

When the guns new i use acetone for the bore, and lube up surfaces with moly-b grease
>>
>>32613833
Hoppes wipes for dirty shit, hoppes oil for shit that need oil, white lithium grease for shit that needs grease. Standard brass rod and an assortment of brass brushes. Misc. brushes and swabs I'll see for a dollar at Harbor Freight or something.
>>
>>32613833
I just toss guns/parts in the ultrasonic cleaner
>>
>>32613833
Just throw it in for one cycle (not with any other dishes to distract the soap from it). Take it out of the dishwasher before the drying phase ( very important) and it should be good.
>>
File: guncleaningkit.jpg (174KB, 882x1216px) Image search: [Google]
guncleaningkit.jpg
174KB, 882x1216px
>>32613833
I often clean guns that gone a decade without cleaning, so ive worked out a game plan.
>i break the gun down
>i get a rag and cover it in hops
>i get out a can of remoil
>a toothbrush
>toothpicks, and cotton swabs
then i just go to town scrubbing from inside out.

I often use
>break free
and
>seafoam deep creep.
at my buddies house, they are pretty good.

I have been really annoyed by the fudds on a facebook group im in. You literally cant use anything other than Hoppes for cleaning your guns or they get mad.

shit annoying.

>>32613939
I have really been thinking about buying one, I have gotten some really rough guns.
>a few ago i opened up an old Smith and wesson and the owner had use brake grease to lube the gun. He has just slathered the stuff in it.

Pic related my kit fits in a box.
>>
>>32613833
Hoppe's bore solvent
Lucas red oil
Rem oil spray

Disassemble gun
Wad up bit of paper towel and ram through barrel to clear debris and loose build up.
Stick small piece of paper towel on end of patch rod and dip in hoppes bore solvent. Run up and down bore.
Put bronze brush on rod and run through bore a dozen or so times.

Repeat above 1 more time starting with wadded paper towel piece.

Now take small wad of paper towel and push through to end of barrel to make a plug. Spray Rem oil in barrel. Push paper towel back to other end.

Repeat this process until paper comes out clean.

Push a paper towel or patch through dry one time to remove extra oil if any.

Spray Rem oil on paper towel lightly and wipe down outside of barrel.

Set barrel aside and start cleaning slide.

Wipe off slide with lightly oiled paper towel. Fold a corner of paper towel to a hard point and use it to clean out rails. Brush around extractor. Wipe and set aside.

Wipe off frame with oily paper towel sticking your finger all in it every which way but being gentle and not hurting springs. Spritz action with Rem oil and wipe off. Set aside.

Place recoil spring on paper towel and spray with Rem oil. Wipe off and set aside.

Get parts. Place single drop of red oil back off each rail and stand on end to let run down. Place single small drop roof of slide where barrel slides, smear around. Wipe off excess. Place single drop red oil on barrel where slides, smear it around.

Assemble gun. Cycle a few times and wipe with dry towel.
>>
>>32613833
Dry clean with rag, hoppes no9 soak for 10 min, wipe with clean rag and boresnake, grease the slide/bolt contact points, eezox spray the exterior fully assembled, wipe until excess oil is gone with clean rag.

Hoppes no9 is the best off the shelf borecleaner in existance.

Eezox is the best oil product for preserving steel from rusting. I always use it whenever im storing my guns either in closet or when travelling.

Hoppes grease is good for the price. I use grease on all sliding pieces. I prefer grease over oil or lube for gun functioning. Sure its messy but if you slab it on and then cycle the gun a few time you can get the excess out and wipe it away.

Never use remoil products other than the brakeclean or whatever. The oil sucks and will rust the gun. The oil wipes also rust the gun. The cleaning kit with rods are cheap shit that breaks.

I used to be a rod cleaning guy until i got a boresnake. You do need to clean your snake after multiple uses though, i just wash it in hot water with dish soap. Any brand boresnake is good, on amazon you can get one in any caliber for 5$.

tldr
>use hoppes no9, boresnake, grease, and eezox oil.
>>
>>32613833
Remoil, Hoppes solvent and Lucas gun oil. As for peripherals anybody with a gun should have brass/steel brushes and at least a few wipedown rags. Those microfiber towels in the automotive department at Wallyworld are cheap and effective.
>>
>>32613877
Fudd/10 not impressed
>>
>>32613833
Bore snakes
Breakthrough solvent, if needed
Slip 2000
Synthetic grease
Brushes
Torn up t shirts/rags

You can clean just about anything with just oil and a brush/rag. If you do anything more than two or three passes with a snakes/oil you're waisting your time
>>
File: List of Fuck.png (417KB, 1280x768px) Image search: [Google]
List of Fuck.png
417KB, 1280x768px
I use my bottled tears of anger from True Detective second season. They are so acidic and hateful they clean fucking anything.
>>
>>32613833
>Alright guys, what do you use to clean your guns?
The blood of vanquished foes.
>>
>>32613833
mobile 1 sythentic grease for lube
hoppes 9 for solvent
dental pics from dollar store for carbon removal
brass or nylon brushes
1 piece rods to avoid scratches
old t-shirts and clothes for rags - thats everything.
>>
>>32613833
Cheap Walmart spray lube (pic related) or WD40 for cleaning and Hoppes gun oil for the final lubrication. I just use a basic 3-piece rod and patches made from old shirts.
>>
>>32613833
-Dewey nylon coated rod
-Brass brush + nylon brush for copper solvent
-Jag
-Cotton patches

-Breakfree CLP for general stuff
-Hoppes elite cleaner for dedicated cleaner
-Bore Tech Eliminator for copper
-Slip2000 EWL, EWL30, EWLGrease for all lube application

-rags, lots of rags

Also a few specialized brushes and items for guns like the garand or chamber brush for ar, etc etc
>>
Ballistol and rubbing alcohol.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.