[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

1 Galaxy-class starship vs. the entire US military who wins?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

1 Galaxy-class starship vs. the entire US military

who wins?
>>
>>32612569
gtfo faggot
>>
>>32612569
Scotty beams up the whole executive branch.
Insta-forfit.
>>
>>32612596
Russian military fires ICBM's at the galaxy-class vessel
>phasers destroy the rockets in before they leave the atmosphere
>>
>>32612569

Yes, it has enough weapons to glass any target it wants and when weapons aren't enough you can always use deflector dish to create a tectonic hyper wave which then will be quarterly refractorated by the active phased array into a multi-tri-spectrum energy BTFO.
>>
>>32612569
Considering how many times it gets rekt. The odds aren't in its favor. Also, if Pine is captain then he probably will do something like fly real close to shoo someone out the window with his phaser and accidentally take the shields down with his dick and get rekt by someone with a pistol.
>>
Why would Darth Vader fight the us military?
>>
>>32612569
Buddhist chess players.
>>
>>32612569
Watch Star Wreck in the Pirkinning.
>>
Just attack at night.
>>
>>32612569
we do

those federation cucks don't have the stomach for real war, not how we know it
>>
>>32613839
It's why I find any star trek movie of tv show boring.
>>
>>32612569
Does the episode require it to 'lose' due to sabotage/McGuffin phenomena occurring in order to create drama before the heroic crew pulls through? If yes then it's a close thing, then heroics happen, then it turns out it was all a misunderstanding and everybody becomes bff by the end. If no skip fairly directly to everyone becoming bff because it's clearly a mushy personal story development episode for one of the crew.

Alt-universe setting evil federation? It rapes the fuck out of anyone yet to develop interstellar technology or roughly equivalent magic. The only question is whether it does so via it's standard phasers/torpedo type weaponry, teleporter trolling, or dreaming up some McGuffin doomsday effect along the lines of
>>32612663
>>
>>32612569
considering the main crew smirked at a ship firing lasers at them and didn't even raise main shields that one episode I doubt the military have anything that would make them pause
>>
File: 164567.jpg (46KB, 1000x584px) Image search: [Google]
164567.jpg
46KB, 1000x584px
>>32613780
(you)
>>
>>32613780
Because Voldemort wants him to conquer Gondor in the name of the Covenant
>>
>>32612569

phasers can be fired from orbit and accurately hit the surface although this isn't necessarily all that much more destructive than a normal bomb.

Photon torpedoes have been shown to have pretty unimpressive explosive potential, they just penetrate shields very well.

If we could land an ICBM on them without it being shot down, we can do some damage. If they're in low enough orbit to be hit by our anti satellite missiles it should have some effect in larger numbers.

Any away team is pretty much fucked if they meet any resistance. They're not anywhere near the level of normal infantry.

But t b h I expect

>>32613959

This to happen. Its all a misunderstanding and the US is brought into talks with the federation at the end.
>>
File: 1466278872790.jpg (18KB, 408x408px) Image search: [Google]
1466278872790.jpg
18KB, 408x408px
>>32613825

>attacking at night
>while space is out

It's like you want to lose.
>>
>>32612569
No laser anti-satellite weapon, no nuclear AA missiles, not even manned spacecrafts in service.
>>
File: Cover.jpg (72KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
72KB, 500x500px
>>32614067
>in the name of the Covenant
>>
>>32613839
they sort of did in "into darkness"

>>32614067
kek
We have nothing that can stop phasers and shit like that. Besides, nukes won't get through the shields.
>>
>>32614070
Photon torpedos have teratons of explosive power, galaxy class starship moved a fucking star once

if they wanted to, they could just grab the earth and fling it into the sun
>>
>>32614111
Just like the USA after 1945.
>>
What about Lensman vs Earth?
>>
>>32612569
The U.S. military is real, the Galaxy class is fictional. U.S. military wins.
>>
>>32614111
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9t-slLl30E
>>
There was a TNG episode where they shot a city with one of the orange beams and vaporized half the city. The photon torpedoes are supposed to be like 1000x stronger than a hydrogen bomb. Anyway I can't find the TNG recut episodes where they blow Earth up a few times but they're hilarious.
>>
File: mirror-universe.jpg (15KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
mirror-universe.jpg
15KB, 240x320px
>>32613874
these guys need more and better material

I love the notion of a unified humanity that believes the galaxy is their birthright and isn't afraid to put down any dirty xenos who think otherwise, but the way they're fleshed out is straight edgelord

I mean, corporal punishment, sure, but a literal "agony booth"? why not just paint a big swastika on everything if you're so intent on making them appear evil?
>>
File: MACO_mirror.png (68KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
MACO_mirror.png
68KB, 240x320px
>>32615755
the mirror maco unit patch is pretty neat though, I admit
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.