[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Marksmanship/precision shooting General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_0115.jpg (1MB, 2268x2516px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0115.jpg
1MB, 2268x2516px
How are you shooting /k/?

Had a damn good day at the range today. Don't laugh, for me this is really good. Especially given my last trip involved me not even being able to get all of my rounds in the 8 inch target (was using the splatterburst ones) at 7 yards. The dry fire drills I did in my room the past week really fucking paid off.

I found a few things really helped me:
-moderate trigger press, not too slow. I found my results got way better when I sped up my trigger press just a little. Maybe it's because Glock trigger fucking suck for slow staging
-keeping my support hand heel in contact with the grip of the gun at all times
-flinch drills and more flich drills.
-Not worrying to much about stance: yes Isocoles may be a better stance, but Weaver just works for me way better. A fighting stance is more natural and I don't have to worry about my balance as much.

Anyway sorry this sounds like a blog. How are you shooting
>>
Bump. anyone shoot their guns?
>>
File: 20161024_162528.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20161024_162528.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>32611707
I just realized that pic related is the only picture I have of my groups. It's the best I've shot my sks at 100 yards.
>>
File: IMG_20161217_132501655_HDR.jpg (3MB, 5248x2952px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161217_132501655_HDR.jpg
3MB, 5248x2952px
I don't have picture readily available but I was shooting my Makarov at a target about 10 yards away and hit center most of my shots.

However, some just seem to go stray to the right or left - is this more likely to do with random flinching or position of my finger on the trigger?

I know that it is hard to say without being there with me, but any tips on how to practice not flinching? Should I get some 9x18 snap caps (if they make em) and just constantly practice dry firing?

I also have an issue with closing my eyes in reaction to the bang, when I can keep them open I seem to shoot better but I am constantly switching between having both eyes and my right eye open and not sure which is best and where to go from there.
>>
>>32612738
OP here. Most likely flinching and jerking the trigger. And hell yes get yourself some snap caps. They are a godsend. Not only are they great for practice but for function tests when cleaning your gun. When I clean my glock I load all 5 of them into a mag and cycle the action as fast as I can like i'm in a Hood Life video. It lets me know if I've overlubed my glock.

The most common snap cap drill is to have a friend load a mag with some snap caps and some live bullets, so you'll literally see yourself flinch when you hit the snap cap. Then you unload the mag, do about 3 or 4 dry fires until the flinch goes away, eject the snap cap and load the mag again.

Since I don't have any friends what I do is just load one mag with the snap cap and one with live ammo. I take the one with the dummy round in it, load it and charge the gun real fast just like i'm about to start shooting, then pretend that the gun is going to go off when I pull the trigger. That's the most important thing about flinch drills, tricking your mind into thinking the gun is going to go bang, then dry firing until the flinch is gone, then load real bullets and do the exact same thing you were doing when you were not flinching
>>
I've been on hiatus with shooting for a bit, weather, economy and what not.

Here's my current best day.

FNS-9 7 Yards
>>
File: cm2 15 yards part 2.png (732KB, 1497x692px) Image search: [Google]
cm2 15 yards part 2.png
732KB, 1497x692px
I've got some of my old small bore targets, nothing too nice.

I've been wanting to get better with my pistol marksmanship, any place to start?
>>
File: cm2 15 yards part 1.png (1MB, 1498x691px) Image search: [Google]
cm2 15 yards part 1.png
1MB, 1498x691px
>>32615984
>>
>>32615984
>>32615998

Pretty precise dude, unsupported with a Ruger MK II or something? Optics?

I mean if you are shooting that smallbore then the only obstacle left is flinch, so dryfire every night, and ball & dummy on the range, seems like your at the level where you need 1 on 1 instruction to find the issues.
>>
>>32616109
Vostok cm-2
Bench, unsupported. 5 second delay. Peeps

I've been wanting to get into small bore pistol, been looking at a ruger sr22 or something of that ilk, but the mk2 would be nice.
>>
>>32616164
>Vostok cm-2

Ok so yes, pistols will be a whole new challenge then.

With pistols, flinching and moving the trigger laterally translates exponentially down range. If you stay with small bore you will probably be very strong right off the bat, I'd say your real obstacle is beating the flinch or trigger jerk when you start messing with larger calibres.
>>
File: 20160807_144946.jpg (377KB, 800x769px) Image search: [Google]
20160807_144946.jpg
377KB, 800x769px
I like this one because I like to imagine perforating 5 individual quarters, I'm aware it's a facile comparison.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.