[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Talk to me about the SMG Semi FG42, my friend has hit a rough

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: FG42.jpg (102KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
FG42.jpg
102KB, 1024x768px
Talk to me about the SMG Semi FG42, my friend has hit a rough patch and is offering to sell me his NIB rifle with the scope and mounts and bayonet for what just the rifle normally sells for. I have always liked Nazi militaria, however this being 100% modern manufacture kinda makes me iffy about it, obviously I cant afford an original.

>Is this rifle worth $5000 for the novelty factor?
>>
Guns like this are only worth buying if you have a massive erection for the design. If you have the cash and like it, go for it. I haven't heard anything about them being turds. Shoot Ian an email, he has handled them. He might tell you.
>>
File: 1478101735778.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
1478101735778.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>32611581
Everything I've heard about them is good. I've never heard someone outright complaining about the SMG repros, but then again there aren't a lot of them in circulation for people to complain about. I'd buy one myself if I got the chance.

>>32611592
>Guns like this are only worth buying if you have a massive erection for the design.
Accurate statement.
>>
>>32611592
>>32611657
Thats kinda how I see it. I am much more interested in the MG34, although they have pretty low reputation for reliability, one reason why I am even debating a FG42. I don't even like the FG42 that much, I mean its neat, but it doesnt make my dick hard.
>>
>>32611759
I got both, The FG is way more reliable then the 34. It's a solid build and recoils like a 5.56. The quality of the machine work on the metal and wood tip top.

It's all milled however as the real unit is stamped.

Value will go up as they as small run guns and I doubt that they are going to make a whole lot more

The 34 is a nicely built gun too, the machine work on the TNW guns are also very nice, biggest issue with the 34s is that they are very very very finicky with belts and ammo combos. To the point where to help feed you need to spray the belts and bullets with wd40.
>>
>>32611830
Thats the thing, I have a few semi beltfeds and I am well aware at how finicky some can be. Its one reason I went with the RPD and Maxim because they are known to be rock solid reliable.

On a scale from Jennings (1) to Mark 23 (10) how would you rank the reliability of your MG34? I know I wont shoot either over a handful of times a year, however I do not want to spend most of the time trying to work out the issues.
>>
Which caliber would you guys get if given the opportunity to get either?
>>
the price isn't even the problem with a gun like that, just the fact that you have to pay in advance and wait at least a year for a gun you're either never going to shoot,doesnt function 100% or ends up being flawless. most people dont have 5k to throw away for a year to gamble on that
>>
>>32612139
The wait on them is only 2 months.
>>
Pros:
Fun to shoot
Low recoil
Cheap alternative to a hellaciously expensive gun
Interesting mechanism

Cons:
Expensive
Wait time
Not accurate
Finicky
Heavy

Cool guns though.
>>
>>32611581
You're not going to get one cheaper than that. If you want to be a friend, buy it and offer to sell it back to your buddy when he gets back on his feet.
>>
>>32612387
From what I have heard they are not finicky
>>
>>32612642
Why would you offer to sell it back?
>>
>>32613022
To be a good friend. I do that for my buddies fairly often.
>>
>>32611581
In my opinion it's not worth it. I wouldn't pay more than $4k. Let's see just how rough that patch is
>>
>>32613069
Someone is a horrible friend
>>
>>32611850
mine was about a 3 or 4 from what I remember. At the time I had to figure out which belts it liked... and since then honestly I havn't put any rnds through since.

Thanks to dickheads who moved next door I can't mag / belt dump in my yard like I use to, and the range is too far away so if I need to do any tweaking or tuning I can't do that away from the shop.

as soon as it warms up though I'll giver her another bump with the fresh belts I got.

But yeah of all my semi belt feds the RPD was the best chugger.
>>
>>32613763
Any experience with a PKM?
>>
>>32614277
No the other semi belt fed is my M1919

Runs gud, there is an occasional hickup. and even more rare the top cover pops up after a shot. dunno why it does this, possibly the headspace is not set right? The brass looks ok and not bulged or anything, and this happens once in a while

PKMs are cool, but I'm not spending the cash for what they are asking like the FN SAW.

But I think My top belt fed I want is a Nam style M60
>>
>>32614979
I do like the M60s although they run more than the PKMs in semi form. I think a semi M60 is around 11k.
>>
Well, since it's a limited production gun, it'll end up being pretty valuable down the road, so consider it an investment.
>>
>>32611581
I'd buy it if I could, but I'm a huge kraut science fan fag.
>>
>>32611581
I haven't seen this modern one in person but a friend had a real one from a vet very cool gun
>>
>>32615230
also just saw a matching parts g43 for 5k at a gun show
>>
>>32615230
I doubt that, they are legitimate $300k guns.

>>32615312
Seems high
>>
>>32615590
try 4ook nope he had one real working everything
>>
>>32611830
Post MG34
>>
>>32615627
Pretty sure the last one sold for $300k at the RIA house.
>>
>>32615005
yeah... they are way overpriced along with the OO M240, and FN 249. If I'm going to pay up to 9k for a semi belt fed it's going to be an m2hb
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.