[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could an emp be a viable weapon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: 1484153277803.png (272KB, 605x547px) Image search: [Google]
1484153277803.png
272KB, 605x547px
Pic unrelated of course :^)
>>
>>32611483
Yes and no.

Against civilian infrastructure it's effective.

Against military hardware, it's almost worthless as hardening has been commonplace ever since the 70s. Take a look at the USN's EMPRESS facilities or the crazy wooden structure that the USAF built to hold aircraft they tested against EM.
>>
I fucking this state. California is filled with far-left people that don't respect people who want freedom.
>>
Absolutely, if you could produce a powerful EMP without a nuke
>>
>>32611483
I wish someone would chop her head off with an axe and shit down her trachea.
If anyone was wondering.
I'm not going to do anything illegal.
>>
>>32611483
Only if you can reliably pull off 15-man killstreaks
>>
>>32611483
no. people talking about EMPs have no idea what it actually does.

the danger of EMP are long cables (taking tens of meters here) that randomly get an electrical current so strong to the point of damaging the cable.

your pacemaker, phone and other devices will be safe in an EMP.

however, most pacemaker use bluetooth to be programmed in a proprietary language, so you could just make a MITM bluetooth device and reprogram the pacemaker to stop. it has been done before :^)
>>
File: yep.jpg (119KB, 772x507px) Image search: [Google]
yep.jpg
119KB, 772x507px
>>32611483
(((Feinstein)))
>>
File: This Machine Kills Communists.jpg (16KB, 220x322px) Image search: [Google]
This Machine Kills Communists.jpg
16KB, 220x322px
>>32611560
Ok, so how does one go about reanimating corpses?
>>
>>32611933
Go ask /X/
>>
>>32611895
Do you know what you're talking about? A strong EM pulse would definitely wreck havoc in anything connected to an antenna and all unprotected low-voltage circuits would be susceptible to damage depending on the strength of the pulse
>>
File: PI9209LP_4.jpg (1MB, 1888x1500px) Image search: [Google]
PI9209LP_4.jpg
1MB, 1888x1500px
Of course. I carry one every day
>>
>>32611483
>Could an emp be a viable weapon?
No, it's nowhere near reliable enough. You might kill a bunch of stuff you don't intend to and what you did intended to kill might be unaffected. Even the orientation of the target can have an effect on the performance of this weapon.
>>
>>32611508
also if EMPs didn't need to travel along shit loads of wires to actually reach the point of potential differentiation that would damage or halt devices. No really. An EMP might have a DEVASTATION effect on a city with trillions of miles of circuitry built into the power lines and many more so in the information technology that automates a lot of it, with the use of integrated circuitry to collapse formerly football stadiums of circuitry distance into the size of a dime, but that insulin pump with only a few miles total? maybe not.
The city with shitloads of power connections and millions of miles of wire to travel through? yep. Your Eotech? Nope. Essentially, it gets stronger as it travels through more cables.
>>
>>32611483
send her a bunch of microwave burritos and find out.
>>
>>32611483
An EMP is basically an automatic win against a first-world country because once the infrastructure crashes and burns the country will have too many domestic problems to fight anyone.
>>
>>32611483

Only good at line of sight

Although honestly no one really knows what a EMP detonated high enough to get the compton effect going would actually do. It might be nothing or it could be very bad.

The soviets did one high alt test that screwed up a bunch of powerlines, but it was in a remote area with very long powerline.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.