[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If NICS was open to the public

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: NICS Checks.png (27KB, 650x350px) Image search: [Google]
NICS Checks.png
27KB, 650x350px
If NICS (or your state equivalent) was open to the public, would you voluntarily use it for private sales?
>>
>>32605147
i'd rather have a public database of stolen guns so i could check if a gun i'm interested in has been reported stolen.
>>
Probably. But I'd make sure I got to see what they were convicted for. If it was some bs like possession of drugs, I would sell it to them anyway.
>>32605167
Also this. It could seriously cut down on theft of guns.
>>
>>32605147
No I would not.

I'm looking forward to the day when this idiotic invention gets Trumped into the past and all I need to buy a gun is a MAGA hat and cash.
>>
File: atfdogs.jpg (67KB, 334x750px) Image search: [Google]
atfdogs.jpg
67KB, 334x750px
>>32605167
you can still almost do this by asking your local sheriffs to run a serial on a gun you've bought or intend to buy.

>>32605147
if i could use NICS like I can use FFL eZ check then the ATF firearms division would consist of 20 IT guys maintaining some servers and a website. You wouldn't need Federal Firearms Licenses either.

If Trumps supreme court kills the NFA, GCA, etc. or at least guts them we might end up with that kind of system
>>
I would 110% use it every goddamn time. I mean why the fuck not? I work in a gun store and the ONLY people who get really bitchy about this are the people who can't pass a background check. Like the amount of people who come in with a friend, ask to see a gun, fondle it, ask questions about it, and then get pissed when their friend can't fill out the background check for them is insane.

That being said the only way you're going to get this to work is to offer a carrot or a stick to gun owners. Like if you sell a gun to someone and do an NICS check, then you cannot be held liable for crimes they commit with the weapon. If you sell a gun to someone and don't run the check, you can be sued by the survivors, family, and/or businesses who were victims of crime committed by the owner of the gun you sold to.
>>
>>32605147
Yeah. I would be open to that with some refining of the system to ensure that there are(next to) no situations where there are mistakes.
>>
>>32605147
nope.
>>
>>32605147
Private sales in my state require a permit.
>>
>>32606639
>If you sell a gun to someone and don't run the check, you can be sued by the survivors, family, and/or businesses who were victims of crime committed by the owner of the gun you sold to.
Fuck that. You're not responsible for what someone else makes a decision to do.
>>
>>32606639
That's why you always fill out a bill of sale.
>>
>>32605147
>If NICS (or your state equivalent) was open to the public, would you voluntarily use it for private sales?
Nope
>>
>>32606639
>then you cannot be held liable for crimes they commit with the weapon
Haha, I already can't.
>>
>>32605147
No. it would still be inconvenient and time consuming to do
>>
>>32606976
No shit. But in reality thats what will fucking happen.

>congress passes law opening NICS to the public
>not everyone uses it
>John sells a gun to Tyrone
>John does not run an NICS check
>Tyrone uses the gun to shoot 3 liquor store clerks
>in the ensuing shootout with the cops, a school bus is shot up
>libs outraged
>dems outraged
>in order to make the peace, add lawsuit protection

I can fucking see it happening.
>>
File: ss (2017-01-10 at 10.30.30).png (70KB, 1305x500px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2017-01-10 at 10.30.30).png
70KB, 1305x500px
>>32605147
I already do, pic related
>>
in IL, you're required to run a check on the person's FOID when you sell them a gun
pretty easy, just plug the name and number into IL State Police website

I wouldn't mind doing it for someone else, and I'd want to use it if I were selling to someone I didn't know
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.