[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Dugway lights/directed energy weapons general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

File: UTTR_Testbeam_web.jpg (21KB, 600x397px) Image search: [Google]
UTTR_Testbeam_web.jpg
21KB, 600x397px
So what does /k/ think of the Dugway beam sightings from around 2004-05?

Inb4
>Go to /x/

Yes, they were caught on film by a bunch of UFO-hunting retards, but they captured an energy beam over a US Army weapons testing facility that gave off enough X-rays to fog their cameras. It's pretty clear that they saw something real being tested, and something way cooler than UFO's imho.

I've also heard from reliable sources that those tests were responsible for a few personnell exposures on the base, stuff like soldiers getting sunburns in the middle of the night.

Supposedly it was a test of a DEW that used a high-energy particle stream instead of photons to create a beam that was much less susceptible to atmospheric distortion and refraction/decay. Honestly, it doesn't seem like that much of a stretch of the imagination considering we had the MIRACL over 30 years ago, and that's just what they were willing to declassify at the time.

So let's talk directed energy weapons, shall we?
>>
>>32602712
More images for the curious
>>
>>32602726
Ignore the UFO hunter faggotry and get a load of that beam!
>>
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (102KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
102KB, 1280x720px
>>32602712
OP again, the big question I have for /k/ is whether they think the beam is coming up from the ground or coming down from, uh, something that's not the ground.

I'm 98% sure that it's the former, but the weeb in me loves the idea that we might have something similar to pic related in reserve, a relic of the cold war that was kept around because it skirted WMD in space treaties, and the mere thought of it makes me tear up in patriotic excitement.

And I'm sure that if we had one, that the people who get to pull the trigger on it must struggle drip precum when they give the orders to fire.
>>
>>32602828
calm down anon jeez
>>
File: Sachiel_Explosion_original.png (199KB, 712x480px) Image search: [Google]
Sachiel_Explosion_original.png
199KB, 712x480px
>>32602726
>>32602735
>>32602712
weird...
>>
>>32602828

bottom up

light bloom is shown on underside of cloud cover
>>
>>32602828
The energy requirements would be enormous, keeping it stationary.
>>
>>32602894
>Implying you wouldn't be stroking yourself through your pants as you pushed the "fire" button on an orbit-to-ground directed energy weapons system
>>
>>32602962
Bummer

>>32602979
Something in a Molnya orbit so it hovers over a target area while being much closer than GSO might work...
>>
>>32602959
>that pic
atheists btfo
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.