[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Volunteering with the YPG

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_3899.jpg (1MB, 2843x2189px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3899.jpg
1MB, 2843x2189px
I saw a good thread on this a month or so ago. Do any /k/ommandos have experience fighting with the Peshmerga in Iraq and Syria? If so what are the costs associated with it?
>>
>>32602373
Costs? Plane ticket and transport to AO.

Probably a firearm, ammo would probably be provided.

West and Eastern intervention is about to kick off, you might end up getting carpet bombed by accident.
>>
Dont ask me mate I know fuck all about weapons or the military
>>
>>32602373
> Do any /k/ommandos have experience fighting with the Peshmerga in Iraq and Syria?

do you seriously need to ask when you know the answer is fuck no?
>>
>>32602373
Saw an anon and some dude on Instagram who is over there say they are turning people away. Too many people who want to "help" but only get killed.
>>
>>32602490
>average /k/ommando
>>
>>32602472
I'm a burger so I'd rather fight with my military but it doesn't seem to me like we will intervene anytime soon.
>>
>>32602625
Some anon a month or two ago had detailed information on it.
>>
>>32602647
I saw that too
IG is peshmergaswe and peshmerganor i think
>>
>>32602373
YPG and Peshmerga are different forces.

YPG/J are Syrian militias, primarily composed of Kurdish forces. Its political wing is the KSC (Kurdish Supreme Committee), but, as of late, and with the constitution of the MSD (Syrian Democratic Assembly) and YPG/J's participation in the QSD (Syrian Democratic Forces - MSD's military wing) coalition, its operations are subject to MSD's decisions.

Peshmerga is the Iraqi Kurdistan's (KRG) autonomous region army. Its various factions are mainly controlled by either the KDP (Kurdistan Democratic Party) or the PUK (Patriotic Union of Kurdistan). There are tensions between the Iraqi Kurdistan government and both PKK and PYD (Democratic Union Party).

PKK is a north Kurdish political organization (which also has its own distinct armed forces, the HPG). Since it was persecuted in Turkey, it used to operate also from Syria and later from Iraqi Kurdistan. Its relation with the KRG government is bad while with the PYD is good. There's more of an ideological affiliation than a political one between the latter two.

If you join the YPG you'll have to learn their ideology and Kurdish.
>>
do you have kurdish heritage?

do you speak kurdish or arabic?

I'm guessing no you war tourist cunt. besides why would you want to fight without proper logistics and support?
>>
>>32603733
>do you have kurdish heritage?
>do you speak kurdish or arabic?

I'm not OP but so fucking what? people have gone abroad to fight for causes they believed in for centuries. look at the International Brigades in the Spanish Civil War.

The YPG isn't chauvinist, it is multi ethnic and has dozens of nationalities involved
>>
>>32603789
>implying OP actually cares about the plight of the kurds
>>
>>32603789
>comparing going over to spain to fight facism/communism to living out your tacticool fantasies in the middle east.
>>
>>32603878
how do you know he doesn't? I can't imagine the typical normie gives a shit
>>
>>32602373
>If so what are the costs associated with it?

>the ability to be there when your family needs you
>probability of experiencing extreme pain
>if you have no experience you will be a liability to everyone else
>>
>>32602373
ganja ak man on right is based my dudes
>>
>>32602373

ISIS is about to get exterminated by serious forces. Probably a bad time to be fucking around with some irregulars like the Kurds.
>>
>>32603889
>implying those volunteers didn't want to be tactical as fuck
>>
File: old ak man.png (390KB, 412x367px) Image search: [Google]
old ak man.png
390KB, 412x367px
>>32602373
big deus vult and avoidance of getting killed by US airstrike will come to you, but only if you post "stay strong old ak man" in this thread
>>
>>32605301

Which serious forces? the Russians are beginning to withdraw forces, the Turks have lost a dozen tanks and 30 men trying to take Al-Bab and basically seem to be fucking useless. The US led Coalition are getting more involved in Mosul but still aren't going to deploy ground troops.
>>
File: 1473876428037.jpg (26KB, 550x336px) Image search: [Google]
1473876428037.jpg
26KB, 550x336px
>>32602472
>by accident
>>
Good luck ever learning arabic, that language is a bitch for native-english speakers
>>
How long until ISIS is destroyed and Turkey uses it's forces to turn on the Kurds and retake Rojava?
Why the fuck would you go over there and fight with them, you'd have zero insurance, get wounded you're fucked for life, come back a criminal and can't get a pay out for injuries.

All so you can sit at a bar and tell bullshit warries to strangers about being a "Freedom fighter" and be that guy.
>>
>>32602373
Why would you want to fight for feminist commies?
>>
>>32602647
>Saw an anon and some dude on Instagram who is over there say they are turning people away.

Makes sense. I went to a talk where the speaker was the KRG rep to the US, asked her about it. She said they aren't discouraging, but unless you have a medical, social work, or psych background they don't need you. They have plenty of actual Kurds willing to fight for free (many aren't getting their pay).

What they really want are medical people and the weapons and vehicles that Baghdad warehoused in 2012 that was meant for them. And the 17% of the Iraq annual budget that's supposed to be set aside for KRG that Baghdad is bogarting.
>>
>>32606452
No OP... but who say's the plan is to come back? I've thought about going over quite a bit as of late.
My thoughts are you either die over there or stay long enough to get rolled over by the UN.
>>
>>32603733
>>32603889
You're not fooling anyone Achmed
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.