[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Old artillery shell

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: ShellUpright.jpg (580KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ShellUpright.jpg
580KB, 1920x1080px
Hey /k/ommandos,

This is my first time posting on this board since I've started lurking about half a year ago. You guys seem to like your weapons, so here's something for you to entertain: I found a huge artillery shell at a thriftshop, and I was hoping you could help me figure out what shell it is and how old it might be. It's an awesome find, but I have no idea where it could be from. The discarded shell alone is about 15 inches high
>>
Put it in your ass
>>
File: ShellBottom.jpg (565KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ShellBottom.jpg
565KB, 1920x1080px
Here's the bottom with some specs that I can't figure out
>>
>>32601009
It's not artillery or at least it's not for an American Howitzer.
>>
File: 6veld_ammo_001.jpg (230KB, 768x518px) Image search: [Google]
6veld_ammo_001.jpg
230KB, 768x518px
Looks a bit small for a Dutch Veld 6 field artillery shell. Maybe a Veld 7. What is the diameter of the neck?

The absolute best thing you can do is drink beer from it, used artillery shells are perfect for that.
>>
>>32601118
I already did, will put up the vid later.

It was disgusting, but awesome
>>
>>32601118
The neck is a bit mangled, but measures about 5.7 centimeters (2.25 inches) in diameter.

But yeah, I'm a dutchfag, so it's probably some old Dutch ordinance
>>
>>32601045
Can you make out what's written on the primer? I'm pretty sure i see some numbers on there but I can't tell what they are.
>>
>>32601222
No need, I've seen it already
>>
>>>>32601291
520, 18E, KB 4 is grafted on the primer
>>
File: Finnish-gun-crew-1942.jpg (116KB, 800x515px) Image search: [Google]
Finnish-gun-crew-1942.jpg
116KB, 800x515px
Could be a pak 40 shell. Is this about the right size?
>>
>>32601009
>This is my first time posting on this board since I've started lurking about half a year ago.
You don't gotta lie to make friends.
>>
>>32601260
Probably some sort of old anti tank or naval gun in that case
>>
>>32601009
>drinking port out of a cringe glass from the mall ninja store
wew lad dont you have a D&D game to be at
>>
>>32602137
>daily reminder that /k/ and /tg/ are friends
>>
>>32602137
You're right, but just as faggy as OP for not seeing the casing first
>>
>>32601565
That does look like it. 75 mm shells?
>>
>>32601009
Be careful with old artillery shells
>be me digging in the garden (London btw)
>find metal thing in the ground
>hose it off with power hose
>it's an old WW2 bomb, in really good condition
>clean it up
>take it down the street to me nans house to show her
>tell her she can keep it and put it on the hearth next the fireplace as an ornament
fast forward 2 days
>suddenly woken up by a loud BANG
>go outside
>smoke pouring out of nans house, all the windows shattered
>look through front window
>first floor collapsed, me nans room was above the fireplace
>go into the house with my mum
>nans bed is in the middle of the living room on top of a sea of smouldering floor boards and rubble with her sitting upright on it looking frightened
>she wasn't hurt and had to find a new house unfortunately

we still joke about it to this day, every time I come around her house she asks whether I have a bomb with me hahaha i love my nan
>>
>>32602351
I hope this is bait
>>
>>32602395
Of course it is. 4chan isn't on their government's approved list of websites that they can visit.
>>
>>32601260
57mm is a very common caliber. Looks like this one is from sometime between 1920 and 1950.

Just try to google what case lenghts was used by dutch 57mm weapons and you should be able to figure it out.
>>
Make an IED :^)
>>
>>32602214
>daily reminder that /k/ and /pol/ are best friends
>>
>>32601260
>probably some old Dutch ordinance
i thought everything in holland got painted orange?
>>
>>32604895
>daily reminder to get off my board, faggot.
>>
>>32601607
why is this even considered unusual? when i got to this site i didnt post for like an entire year
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.