[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Talk me out of buying a P320 over an FNS, or even a VP9

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (69KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69KB, 900x600px
Talk me out of buying a P320 over an FNS, or even a VP9
>>
>>32596131
why? p320 is the best option out of all of those
>>
neat modular gimmick. yet is really too expensive.

solid 9mm full size though.
>>
>>32596131
It's a striker fired P226 for half the cost.

Just fucking buy it.
>>
>>32596173
striker fired p250

ftfy
>>
Has a better trigger than the FN or HK
>>
File: IMG_20160912_175852.jpg (372KB, 1441x1070px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160912_175852.jpg
372KB, 1441x1070px
>>32596131

>dat bore axis

embarrassing...
>>
>>32596131
go rent a 320, you will get a insta boner. I have my LGS trying to run down a 320 RX for me. if they can't, imma just buy the regular 320. the trigger and recoil are the tits.
>>
>>32596131
Can't do it. The 320 is great. I opt vp9 for reasons, but would never consider the 320 a worse choice. Boils down to personal preference.
>>
>>32596197
>being a retard
Bore axis is literally and unironically all you glock faggots talk about. The reduced recoil on the 320 and vp9 more than make up for it.
>>
>>32596131
what a hideous block of shit
>>
>>32596131
>no trigger safety
enjoy your NDs
>>
File: 20170103_191336.jpg (3MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
20170103_191336.jpg
3MB, 4032x2268px
No reason not to. Sig makes good shit. If you're going to carry it at least hold the fns 9c. It and the carry 320 get major points.
>>
Buy the new Hudson H9, you'll be one of the /k/oolest /k/idz around!
>>
I was at a gunshow last weekend and was looking at a p320 subcompact and compact. Felt nice however upon dryfiring it slowly I could feel and hear 2 clicks. The first was the release of the striker but a slight amount of overtravel lead to another click. Anyone know what that is about ? That was really disconcerting and when I asked the clerk if I could field strip it to look at the internals he told me he couldn't allow that as one guy did that earlier and broke the gun.

Because of those 2 issues I decided to walk but was wondering if anyone had more information on that double click and if the removable FCU is really that easy to break?
>>
>>32598211
I think the dude just didn't want you fucking around with the internals.
>>
>>32596131
>>>>>>>>>>>""""""modular""""" design

SIG is no closer to implementing this years later than when it was introduced. Get a 226 if you want a sig that badly, otherwise dont waste your money
>>
>>32598211
I run into a similar thing when I pull the trigger and it's not cocked. The sear moves when the trigger is pulled, regardless if it's cocked or not, the second click is the sear snapping back into place.

A second click is not supposed to happen when you dry fire though, people have had this issue before.

http://sigtalk.com/p250-p320-modular-pistols/29120-new-p320-trigger-clicks-twice-pull-bad.html#/topics/29120?_k=fa9yth
>>
>>32598511
lmao

overpriced swiss trashhttps://youtu.be/LuPOqDlaX6U

https://youtu.be/ZvuosRHdbis
>>
>>32598723
>overpriced swiss trash
>swiss
>>
Im thinking of getting the p320 in compact, but the rx is hard to find is it worth the trouble or should i get the regular version?
>>
>>32600480
bump for some opinions
>>
>>32596131
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZTRjXD7AVU
>>
>>32601532
>Oogidy boogidy!
My sides!
>>
>>32596131

They're just glocks with poorer selection of aftermarket products and magazines that cost twice as much.
>>
>>32596620
>The reduced recoil on the 320 and vp9
say what? how does that work?
>>
>>32602095
dumb faggot
>>
Buy the sig,
People bitch about the bore axis, but the recoil is still softer than most comparable handguns.
>>
File: FNS-9 Family_zps4lwynvvs.jpg (313KB, 1024x629px) Image search: [Google]
FNS-9 Family_zps4lwynvvs.jpg
313KB, 1024x629px
>>32597276

Agreed, Sigs are nice but the 320 seems like an afterthought.

Hold an FNS
>>
>>32596197
>>32596620
Why is this a glock fanboy thing? Shouldn't it be a cz fanboy thing?
>>
File: 1457530873559.gif (481KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1457530873559.gif
481KB, 960x540px
>>32596131
>P320
I have owned one of these and sold it. It shot great, but I really didn't like the balance. Also, the grip texture while carrying is pretty abrasive. I didn't really like how it recoiled - a little snappy - but could get used to it. The trigger felt pretty good, but is not as good as you might think at first after one or two dry fires in the shop: kind of heavy and there are two clicks in the break.

>VP9
I have owned one of these too and sold it. The grip felt great, but it still has some ergonomic issues: finger grooves and no option for a flat backstrap. You don't like humped grips? Too damn bad. I really do like the concept of slide wings, but wish the inserts were metal and/or integrated, and I don't like the fact that once I got used to using the VP9, it screwed up my approach to all other pistols. The trigger was pretty good, but still not as good as a nice hammer fired pistol, for example a USP. Very easy to rack the slide of the one I owned, but I understand they are now putting heavier recoil springs in them for some reason.

>FNS
I am scared of the *squishy squishy* meme, but personally would buy an FNX before I got an FNS. Can't comment on it exactly.

A big one you forgot about:
>Walther PPQ
I owned one and sold it, but in this case, I kind of regret selling it. The grip still has that hump on the back, but with the small backstrap, it's pretty minor. The trigger has a wonderfully soft, light break, but there is a spot of roughness in the pre-travel. The rear sight is pretty wide, but if you replace it, it's workable. The machining is beautiful, but the profile of the slide is a little too triangular when you go to grab the cocking serrations - just something you have to get used to.

All of these will eject spent brass casings more consistently than a Glock, but if you want a nice trigger pull, you need to get a hammer-fired pistol. After years of buying and selling many guns, I no longer own ANY striker-fired modern pistols.
>>
>>32602453
Weight, point of rotation, grip zone, grip angle, center of gravity, chamber location all have slight effects on recoil
>>
>>32602512
not OP, but you came very close to talking me out of getting a striker fired, but at this point all I own is a 1911, and I want something that hold more rounds, is light, and comes in 9mm besides the 320 has that feature of if the polymer breaks you can just buy a new one without buying a new gun
>>
>>32603198
Look at HK's hammer-fired pistols. The USP and P30 are very good options in either 9mm or .40S&W with nice triggers and extremely durable frames. Unlike other handguns, HK .40 caliber pistols actually handle the round very well. The only polymer handguns that I still own are two USP Compacts with LEM triggers. The LEM trigger is like a striker-fired trigger in philosophy, but better. Many people consider the HK45 and the USP45 to be THE .45 caliber pistols de la creme. Just depends on your caliber of choice.
>>
>>32596131
Out of those options get the sig.

Now what i recommend, ruger american.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.