[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New Canadian gun owner

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1454301179582.png (128KB, 922x882px) Image search: [Google]
1454301179582.png
128KB, 922x882px
Hey /k/, been lurking here for aboot 2 years and am finally buying a gun. I'm thinking something along the lines of a 12ga mosin or sks. My budget is around $250, if anyone has any recommendations or tips for a soon to be hasguns that would be appreciated!
>>
>>32591435
just realized
>12ga mosin
while that would be awesome i ment a 12ga shotgat or a mosin*
>>
>>32591435
Go with the shotfun anon. Work your way up from there
>>
s
k
s
>>
>>32591435
SKS if you are in Canada, shit is dirt cheap there and mosin ammo is way more expensive then sks ammo. Also sks is better for defending your self.
>>
Would probably go for a shotgun in a higher price bracket, but both those rifles are good guns. But have you ever shot before? If not, a Mosin will kick a fair amount which can cause you to develop a flinch if you're not careful.
Personally, I'd go with an SKS: cheap, reliable, shit-simple, and functionally accurate within 200m. Just remember a couple of things: inspect before you buy (so don't buy online; it's milsurp, which means it may have seen use and not been maintained properly), and do your research. One particular tip: try and find a Tula manufactured after 1954: that was the year they started chroming their internals after they figured out that corrosive ammo and illiterate conscripts don't mix.
Two options you didn't mention: a .22lr or a Savage Axis in .223Rem. Both are solid entry-level rifles that are good platforms for learning good marksmanship without breaking the bank (although they will typically be more expensive as they are factory-new commercial products).
Best of luck!
>>
I want a short barreled Mosin but God damn they are expensive.
>>
>>32591521
>defending yourself with a gun in canada
you can skin him alive and it be less fucked
>>
>>32591532
>>32591521
OP here, Thank you for the insight! i have shot a few guns before (.22 and an old .303) so im not to worried about the kick but i am leaning toward a shotgun because of the versatility of being able to use it to hunt birds small game and maybe big game if i get into it (as im not an avid hunter, never caught anything in my life). But i will keep that info in mind regarding the SKS as im pretty sure the gun shop in town had a crate of them that i will have to go check out. also i'm thinking of getting a .22 as my second gun and i higher quality rifle (maybe in .308) if i have the cash later on, but i will check the gun store and see what they have in the way of .22's.

>>32591521
>trying to defend yourself with a gun in Canada
not damn chance
see >>32591591
>>
Who is responsible for /k/anada general? Last cuck posted with some obscure image and didn't pastebin, so it 404d fast.
This one is one fucking guy asking one question that doesn't dwserve its own thread
>these are the reasons we have a general to heard all the beavers together and shit in a circle to stay warm and not shit up the board

get an SKS, OP or if you just gotta have that pellet gun feel of a .22lr , then get a 10/22 or little badger for maximum budgeting
>break action single shot .22lr is the cheapest way to save on the cheapest ammo and people say little badger actually has nice trigger and is fun
>>
File: tar-21-Canadian-Rig.jpg (34KB, 500x364px) Image search: [Google]
tar-21-Canadian-Rig.jpg
34KB, 500x364px
>>32591435
>>
>>32591435
For $250, go with the SKS. You'll want to save a bit more to get a shotgun.

But if you do want a shotgun, Cabelas has a Stevens 320 on sale for $239:
http://www.cabelas.ca/product/40649/stevens-320-field-pump-action-shotgun

It'd be hard to find a repeater for cheaper, unless used. I still say go SKS.
>>
Take the time to get an exchange forum account at canadiangunnutz

If you browse for a month, you'll get a good idea of street prices for guns, and at the very least, you can generally save a 100$ from retail prices.

Sporter enfields go as low as 175$, sks'es and mosins for as low as 200$, I got a .50cal muzzleloader for 150$

I don't know shotgun prices, I don't browse that forum because I have enough of those.
>>
Sks op do it, cheap surplus ammo, you can buy it by the crate, even my local Cambodian tire sells crates of it. No better feeling than walking home with a crate of ammo under one arm and a six pack under the other.
>>
>>32592272
Where does it say this is a Canada general?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.