[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Say your country was under attack. What If your city/town got

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

File: explosion.jpg (714KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
explosion.jpg
714KB, 2560x1600px
Say your country was under attack. What If your city/town got nuked, how fucked would you be?

What would be your plan if you survived?
>>
Depends on how powerful the bomb is, but if I survived I'll imagine that no harm has come to me and the only real damage imminent is the fallout.

Food would be an important factor, so any cans and water bottles are a must.

Any medical supplies able to be used in the situation, or for bartering in case response infrastructure isn't functioning.

Any weapons, any tools, any gear. Stuff like tire jacks, tire irons, pistols preferably, heavy duty gloves/jacket/boots.

If the radioactivity isn't the issue, then I'd borrow a boat from the Marina, something small and fast. Only thing I know I am competent singlehanding is an FJ. Probably would sail out to Anacapa, which would take the better part of a day.

If radioactivity is an issue, i'd stay inside. Tape up the windows, sit in the laundry room with all the supplies I can fit.

If this is just a single detonation, and my city was the only city attacked, I'd likely only do the second option, as rescue infrastructure would arrive. If a thermonuclear exchange occurred with multiple detonations in key cities and the government essentially was relegated to bunkers for the next 3-9 months, then the first option of borrowing a boat might be a good idea. It would not only isolate you from looters, but the ability to fish and maintain transportation would be beneficial. Also it'd be cool to sail again, especially if I could do it with a group of well-meaning people.
>>
If my town gets nuked, I live less than 5 miles from both of the most likely targets. I'm gonna either die immediately, or masturbate furiously untill I do die.
>>
File: facebook_1448275323577.jpg (117KB, 498x750px) Image search: [Google]
facebook_1448275323577.jpg
117KB, 498x750px
>>32591286

In my country the government provides air raid shelters for 90% of the population. Most larger buildings has them in the basement and they are designed to withstand a conventional bomb, a nuclear blast at a certain distance or the whole building collapsing ontop of the shelter.

Id probably do fine if I was given the 30 or so seconds it would take to get there and close the blast door.

Air raid sirens is installed everywhere so there is a chance that they would be activated to warn us.

Damn It feels nice to live in a first world country.
>>
>>32592567
Damn, where do you live anon?>>32592473
Depends, even a 500 megaton bomb may not kill you at 5 miles out depending on how many building and such you have between you and the bomb
>>
>>32592611

Switzerland Probably
>>
>>32592611
>>32592635

Sweden.

Most civil defence like state food storages and the 7 million gas masks are gone, but the shelters are built into the houses so Its kind of hard to remove them.

Sure, our defence forces would be fucked but so would any small nations in case of a nuclear war.
>>
>>32592611
>500 megaton

Anon... that wouldnt kill him. That would remove his entire nation from the planet.
>>
>>32592675
Oh wait, maybe I meant kiloton. Fucking kek.
>>
>>32592827
>500 mt nukes when

I need to see this.

From far away.
>>
>>32591286
>What would be your plan if you survived?
Shoot myself
>>
File: Watching the Apocalypse.jpg (340KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Watching the Apocalypse.jpg
340KB, 1600x1200px
>>32592938
My current desktop
>>
>>32593065
>not wanting to play Fallout with good graphics

Fag

>>32593079
cool
>>
>>32591286
Since I live in Fairborn, and WPAFB is a 5 minutes away, I don't need to worry how fucked I'm going to be. I will be the maximum amount of fucked possible. I won't even have enough time to furiously masturbate.
>>
>>32591286
Live 3.5 miles outside of town of 225 people.
Will do fine.
>>
Beer will be the only safe water after a nuke. I won't go thirsty.
>>
>>32591286
Would the Houston ship channel be a likely target? I assume so, what with all the refining and such. So I guess I'd be dead. But I'm getting cancer from living near the ship channel anyway, so whatever.
>>
File: TFW.jpg (5KB, 208x250px) Image search: [Google]
TFW.jpg
5KB, 208x250px
>>32591286
>"What would be your plan if you survived?"
>>
Don't really have a plan. I'll probably use the opportunity to try to have sex with my milf neighbor.
>>
File: Screenshot (3).png (3MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (3).png
3MB, 1920x1200px
This is the likely location of Chinese targets in the event of a nuclear exchange. I am fucked by fallout and the 10 would be my only way out assuming that doesnt get nuked either
>>
>>32591286
1) Not very
2) The closest strategic targets are ~150 miles away. The closest ones after those are over 500 miles away. That's one HECK of a miss.
>>
>>32595286
No. Houston is chock full of counter-value targets (especially the refineries), but contains zero counter-force targets... and the name of the game for the last 60 years or so has been counter-force (hit the other guy's warheads and command/control until he can't effectively launch anymore, then hold his counter-value targets hostage against his surrender).
>>
>>32591286
I live close to NORAD.
I am fucked boys
>>
>>32591286
remember the game Advance wars: days of ruin
>>
>>32591286

I entered my small city and selected various targets from civilian to the old Diefenbunker, experimented with various MIRV type warheads....

.. I'm fucked.

http://nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/
http://www.nucleardarkness.org/nuclear/nuclearexplosionsimulator/
>>
>>32591286
Head to my buddy's ranch and hope a southern wind doesn't kick up rads from Lackland AFB. There are two springs on his place so decent water wouldnt be hard but combined we have about three months of stored food for our families. Although I don't dislike the idea of hog hunting in a hazmat suit for shits and giggles as I die.
>>
Taiwan is still the number 1 reason why a war would happened between china/usa?
>>
What exactly is gamma radiation's part in a nuclear shot and the resulting fallout?

Previously it was explained to me that basically, gamma radiation was only a danger in the initial blast, and the only fallout radiation that needed to be accounted for was alpha/beta.

I was given this source to read through: http://www.oism.org/nwss/s73p916.htm

In this particular section it references the danger of gamma radiation in fallout several times. So what's the deal?
>>
I'd immediately go to the sink and fill as many empty water bottles and containers that I have. It's what I need the most. Then go to the store and either max my credit card on canned food and beef jerky, or take it if everyone there has left.
>>
>>32598807
Gamma radiation is the shit that goes right through protective clothing. You need a couple of feet of something like concrete to protect against it.
>>
>>32598904

I get that, but what part does it play when accounting for fallout. Am I fucked unless I have a few feet of dirt over me, or do I only have to prepare for alpha/beta radiation because fallout doesn't have much gamma radiation in it?
>>
I live 30 mins from DC and Baltimore where the megalopolis just begins turning into farmland. My "town" is just an unidentifiable mass of suburbs with a post office and bar within. It would totally depend on the strength of the bomb used. I might live, or gamma radiation may fry my innards. There's a storm drain in my yard that I would crawl into. Neighbors are all pansy gentrified folks so no worries from them.
>>
>>32598960
Ah. IIRC, you pretty much need to be in a concrete basement to completely escape gamma radiation. A few feet of dirt, or the walls of most houses won't completely stop gamma rays.

Of course, I also don't remember how far out gamma is an issue, but I know if you can see the blast, you are getting hit by gamma rays
>>
File: IMG_3008.png (2MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3008.png
2MB, 750x1334px
>>32591286
Pretty much everyone in my city would be vaporized or succumb from the fallout quickly.
>tfw 7th BW is in my backyard
>>
>>32598807
>http://www.oism.org/nwss/s73p916.htm

The gamma rays are from the prompt burst from the weapon in the short range of 1-2 miles. The remainder gamma is from the fission fragments in the U or Pu from the Weapon, notably Cs-137, Sr-90, and about two dozen other nasties that emit gammas as they decay over the few short days from fallout.
Fortunately, those go away quickly with a short half life. but emit their dose really quickly.
The secondary effect is neutrons from the bomb itself, especially on a ground strike. When normal matter absorbs the neutrons, they can become radioactive. Some of that material can decay gamma and xrays as they attempt to reach stability.
The good news is that it's usually only within the 1 miles of the active nuclear fireball of say a 1-3 megaton weapon. The bad news it goes up in the smoke column and comes down as fallout also.
>>
File: 1478788909053.gif (932KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
1478788909053.gif
932KB, 245x245px
>>32591286
>tfw I don't live in a town or city.
>tfw the closest town of size is 30 miles away.
>tfw they'd have to use a massive atomic bomb for it to even be remotely dangerous to me
>>
>>32595766
lolwut?
Who told you that?
>>
>>32598807
>So what's the deal?
The further you are from the blast, the more spread out the fallout is.
While there will be some gamma emission from fallout, it will be in low concentrations, and not a significant threat.
>>
>>32599038
B-1s do not have a nuclear mission.
>>
>>32599862
Your point is what?

A nuclear strike will target other things than the enemies nuclear weapons and those B-1s sure look like a prime target if you ask me.
>>
>>32591286
>tfw I can see the fence line of a major military base from my front yard
yeah I'm probably fucked.
>>
>>32591286
if it's a land war, join up and hope I get to do something cool before I die

if it's plain nuclear holocaust, then I basically go stalker mode and use my car to get as far away as possible before driving it into a forest and using it as a house until I can get my footing in the wild

if driving isn't an option (civil unrest, occupying forces, martial law, etc.) then I'd just have to start walking north and stay away from roads/fields
>>
>>32599728
Whatever you say, Cletus.
>>
>>32592675
You know what they say, "That what dosen't kills you, only removes your entire fucking nation from the face of earth."
>>
>>32598967

Are you in MD, Anon? I'm in Northern VA, near Fairfax.

Arlington/DC would be completely fucked, because they would absolutely hit the Pentagon/White House Etc, but most strategic targets are pretty close to the Potomac.

Plus, the prevailing winds in our area is to the northeast, which means fallout won't really land in Northern VA, and it will pretty much make most of MD uninhabitable.

One more reason to move to VA, I guess.
>>
>>32591286
Considering there is over a million tons of pressurized CO2 under it and the biggest company around stores about half of that in anhydrous on site the boom would be big enough to destroy the entire county. The city would be more than just instantly vaporized.
>>
>>32600337
>A nuclear strike will target other things than the enemies nuclear weapons
Not really.
>>
>>32600848

I am not him, moved from nova but I wanna return there. Currently stuck in Delaware.

Keep up the good fight to try and unfuck Nova, anon.
>>
>>32595766
Why the 1 out by Phelan? If it's to close the freeway, why not another on the Grapevine?
>>
>>32602340
Because the guy that made that is a moron.
>>
>>32599716

That's what I was looking for. Thank you.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.