[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/k/oncealed /k/arry

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 12

Looking for a bit of advice for my first concealed carry.

Shoot fairly often, prefer the weight of metal than plastics, and really only care about overall accuracy and stopping power as opposed to a larger capacity.

Been thinking about a makarov for the size and supposed reliability. Any /k/ommandos have any experience with it personally? Suggestions on a better alternative? Not opposed to revolvers.
>>
Makarovs good, Polish P-64 and 83s good too, so is CZ82 and 83
>>
File: cz_rami.jpg (122KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
cz_rami.jpg
122KB, 640x640px
Maks make good carry guns. They're also basically the same size and price as a CZ rami which carries four more shots and fires a better round.
>>
File: 4576458456.jpg (3MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
4576458456.jpg
3MB, 2448x3264px
>>32591008
I did the same thing. It was a nice gun. I fucked up the finish and ended up selling it to some /k/ommando then buying a glock. It can fill the role of a carry pistol and is reliable but pretty fucking heavy for a single stack 8+1.

There are better options but there is technically nothing wrong with it. Just outdated and obsolete to modern counterparts.
>>
>>32592566
wait, are you the same anon that made chicken-cosmoline-potato soup while trying to boil the cosmoline off of your mak? i swear to god that's the same pic from that thread.
>>
File: 547458656.jpg (925KB, 849x8640px) Image search: [Google]
547458656.jpg
925KB, 849x8640px
>>32592646
Yup.

Turns out boiling your gun for 25 minutes while memeing your ass off leads to the obliteration of the natural finish.
>>
File: NEWMAK.jpg (74KB, 1230x720px) Image search: [Google]
NEWMAK.jpg
74KB, 1230x720px
I carry a Mak every day. I love it
Got a bulgarian from Southern Ohio Gun in November.
>>
I wouldnt recommend a makarov. It is heavy, uses non standard ammo, and the safety has an intergrated decocker, which means you either carry it locked, cocked and loaded, israeli draw, or fight the 10 lb trigger pull on the first shot after disengaging the safety. Or get a spetznaz holster (dangerous).

Just get a mp shield or a glock 43. You can branch out after you git gud with something common, cheap, reliable, and standard, with a trigger that isnt going to give you bad form and habits.
>>
>>32591008
>stopping power
Shot placement motherfucker. That said, step up to a 9MM Luger carry piece and reap the benefits of modern bonded JHPs.

Also, metal hand guns suck to carry, and most are too nice to have sitting in an evidence locker somewhere should you have to use it in self defense.

My suggestion, buy a Glock 43 or M&P Sheild 9, or if you need to get your gun hipster on some Boberg or other obscure brand that I've never heard of before.
>>
File: 1477602486745.webm (2MB, 386x266px) Image search: [Google]
1477602486745.webm
2MB, 386x266px
>>32591008
Forget everything you think you know about guns

>preferring metal over plastic for any reason
>"accuracy"
>"stopping power"

You're a gun newbie and not qualified to make decisions even for yourself. The Makarov is bad because it has a horrible trigger, is heavy, and 9x18 really isn't a good caliber to own a gun in.

>b-but the weight makes the gun recoil less
Newton's third law is not the only way to reduce recoil. Breech lock-up style is the primary way that the best semi-auto pistols have mitigated the recoil impulse after the year 1900. That Makarov is straight blowback, a design that is over 100 years old and terrible at mitigating recoil. A Glock 43 that weighs half as much does not recoil twice as much because it has a locked-breech design.

>b-but I'm a big guy... what are YOU, some kinda manlet? huehuehue!
Listen. You're not a big guy. You may think you are, but if you are serious about concealed-carry, you're going to want a lighter gun for everyday carry. You may not notice the weight at first, and you may go a year or so thinking you are such a hotshot, but sooner or later, you'll eventually realize that you are carrying your gun less and less because it's just such a hassle and so uncomfortable.

>I can get 9x18 online for cheaper than 9mm Luger all day erryday!
Yeah, that stuff has a magnetic projectile and is banned at almost all indoor ranges. The 9x18 ammo with non-magnetic projectiles costs as much as .40S&W online, and significantly more in brick and mortar stores. This is a perfect example of how the poorfag mentality is inherently stupid. You pay a little less up front, but you pay a lot more later down the road.

The trigger really is the big deal breaker, though. These guns have horrible double action and below average single action pulls. You do not have good enough trigger finger control to shoot well with the gun, especially under stress.

Do yourself a favor and save your pennies for a Ruger LC9s, Walther PPSM2 or Glock 43.
>>
>>32592891
That's pretty goddamn amazing. I have a mak with a .380 barrel in it, I also have the 9x18 barrel, but lack the tool required to swap them. If I have them swapped, I can use the same mags, yes?
Also, is there a way to swap them without the fancy pants tool?
>>
File: SKU163796_5.jpg (86KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
SKU163796_5.jpg
86KB, 600x600px
>>32593116
You can nigger rig something that works like a 12 ton press with a bench vise and an appropriately sized hex driver bit for whatever pin is pressed into place. You just need to make sure that the gun is braced on something inside the vise so force is only applied to the pin and the frame doesn't get scratched up. I use a set up like this to remove the trigger axle pin in new Hi Powers.

But honestly, you should just take your gun to a gunsmith.
>>
>>32591008
Just get something in 9x19mm. It's common, it's cheap, there's plenty of quality defense ammo options, and you wont have a problem finding it.

I carry a CZ P01, M&P Shield 9, or a S&W 642 depending on the weather. I normally lean towards the shield or 642, they're light and easy to carry. I really only carry my P01 when i have to drive near "the hood" for whatever reason.

That Mak is going to be a big ol' hunk of steel that only holds 7 or 8 rounds of 9x18. It might be on the small side but it's definitely not light. Also you'll be limited on holster options. They're not easy on your shooting hand either.

One of the polymer single stacks that everyone has in 9mm would be a better option IMO. If you want to have metal and be different look at some .357 mag snubbies. I know you can find police trade in's online for good prices.

Get the Mak for the novelty of it. They're cool pistols and I like them too, but they're not as efficient as modern carry guns. The extra weight adds up.
>>
File: always_off.jpg (68KB, 625x609px) Image search: [Google]
always_off.jpg
68KB, 625x609px
>>32593040
I shot my mak better than my g43. And i have never had problems shooting cheap mak ammo at ranges.

And if you think makarovs recoil too much to control, you must truly be a limp-wristed manlet.

>Pic related is the proper way to carry a mak
>>
I bought mine as a cheap carry gun that i don't have to worry about, it works great.
>>
File: T324495_030000.jpg (83KB, 480x600px) Image search: [Google]
T324495_030000.jpg
83KB, 480x600px
Best part of owning a MAK is if you really dont want to shoot the perp! You can beat him senseless with the metal gun.

Tell me where are all these high capacity gun battles going on in this country>?
>>
>>32592943
There are reasons to not have the mak but there is ZERO wrong with a 10lb trigger

Striker fags have taught everyone you need to carry with a fucking 5lb trigger and no manual safety that's not the case.
>>
I carried a mak for awhile. I love mine, but I decided to go with a Walther PPS M2. Standard anmo, lighter, and I just shoot it better than I do my mak.
>>
File: pdog.jpg (143KB, 800x623px) Image search: [Google]
pdog.jpg
143KB, 800x623px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAEbbhRJNYw
>>
>>32591008
That is an adorable Mak satchel.
>>
>>32593416
>safety always off
I carry my TT-33 this way because it has no safety. What is up with Ruskies and lack of safety?
>>
File: IMG_2142.jpg (209KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2142.jpg
209KB, 1600x1200px
I took my initial concealed handgun course with a Baikal Makarov. I carried it for a year or so before buying a good holster for my CZ-75. I then carried my HK P7. I eventually moved to a Glock 19 and have been carrying it for several years now. No appreciable wear to the finish, no signs of rust. I've considered an M&P but they just aren't 'different enough' from the Glock to warrant the purchase to me.
>>
>>32593040
I agree that there are better options for carry, but back when they were cheaper they made find poorfag guns. DA, small and narrow, and still affordable (no, not 9x19 affordable but still a cheap round). the problem now is that they're $300 guns and you can get much better for that price. but there was a time when they were acceptable poorfag carry options.
>>
I used to carry a Mak but finally gave up because of the weight. I love all my 9X18 firearms except the Feg PA63 it's a turd. I would have no problem trusting my life on my Mak, CZ82, PA64 or PA83. I love to shoot them all but I bought a Kahr PM9 over 10 years ago for carry basically because I carry 24/7. It wins out on everything but capacity. About half the weight, half as thick and slightly more powerful 9MM but I lost 2 rounds and down to 7 but I could use a longer mag and make this equal.
>>
I have a question for CC vets.

How do you CC in colder climate/winter.

I've been thinking about it for a while and I can't get my head around it.
>>
>>32591008
go to a gun store and hold/possibly shoot a few. Get a list of what you like, there prices and what else they come with and come back here with that
based on what you say you like, id look at
>Karh
>1911s/compact 1911s
>makarovs
>sig p239
>ruger LCR
>smith and wesson 642
to start with. Accuracy depends on the shooter and what theyre comfortable with, stoppin powuh is mostly horseshit. Nobody wants to get shot with anything, id just as soon run if I got shot at with a .22 vs a .45
>>
File: makarov.jpg (55KB, 665x526px) Image search: [Google]
makarov.jpg
55KB, 665x526px
>>32593040
>opinions
I prefer the feel of a mak over a glock 42, but I only know that because I went out and tried them myself
OP, take all this with a grain if salt. You need to try them out for yourself first. Is the Mak arguably not as good as others? Yeah in some concerns but so is the glock 43, walther pps or ruger LCP. Iif you shoot the mak and like it then go for it
>>
>>32593416
>I shot my mak better than my g43.
That means you suck at shooting.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.