[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Light-weight body armour

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: flexible-body-armor-660x330.jpg (36KB, 660x330px) Image search: [Google]
flexible-body-armor-660x330.jpg
36KB, 660x330px
Hey /k/ I just read an article about a new type of body armour designed to be light and flexible. Its made with a combination of ceramic balls and some kind of foam, now I'm wondering, what does /k/ think of this?
>>
>what does /k/ think of this?

We think you should put a fucking link to what you're talking about.
>>
Never heard of it, link us fampai

also just from the sound of it it's likely heavier than the equivalent hard armor
>>
>>32587034
>>32587265
Not OP but this is it I think.

http://www.wpafb.af.mil/News/Article-Display/Article/973563/flexing-in-the-line-of-fire-lightweight-flexible-body-armor-for-the-force-of-th

>The new armor plate uses a ceramic ball matrix encapsulated in foam material, which is then backed with multiple layers of polyethylene sheets.

>“These are game-changers,” said Goins. “Our flexible body armor is 50 percent lighter than current models and much thinner. Not only that, the armor can conform to both male and female body types, be dropped and still used, and protects against multiple hits. There’s nothing like this out there.”
>>
>>32586983
Is this the shit Alex Jones is selling now? It stops bullets but only after they create a 6" deep dent in your chest, you need to back that with something hard or you're going to have tons of broken ribs.
>>
>>32587294
If that actually works to Level IV specs that'll be fucking impressive weight savings. Also "ceramic ball matrix" sounds like smaller individual pieces which is likely easier (cheaper) to manufacture than large plates
>>
>>32587371
On the other hand, it sounds like it wouldn't spread the impact over larger area nearly as efficiently.
>>
http://www.shadowspear.com/2016/10/flexing-in-the-line-of-fire-lightweight-flexible-body-armor/
OP here, sorry for being a faggot and not posting the link. 3 hours of sleep + school makes me forget things.
>>
File: 1476164801579.jpg (45KB, 960x537px) Image search: [Google]
1476164801579.jpg
45KB, 960x537px
>>32587294
Thanks for fixing my fuckup, anon.
Even though I only saw you did after I posted it myself.

Tfw 4chinning correctly is difficult.
>>
>>32587537
Probably, but if it's that light they could add a hard backing / trauma plate and still be lighter than current ceramic plate armor
>>
>>32587317
You don't need body armor when you have MALE VITALITY
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.