[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Long-Range Optics under $1000?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Scope.jpg (128KB, 599x377px) Image search: [Google]
Scope.jpg
128KB, 599x377px
Optics for shooting groups out to 1000m

Nightforce
Leupold
Vortex
Burris
>>
>>32585132
SWFA
>>
>>32585132
swfa fixed 12 x.
>>
swfa 10x
>>
>>32585332
Thanks for the replies - why fixed? What does SWFA have over competition? What did it for you?
>>
>>32585413
(x12 guy)

Glass wise it's a lot better than my comparative Millet or Konus on the lowwer end side of optics.

I found that I was more confident with my adjustments, I didn't find my turrets slipping between clicks as often, if ever.

The reason I suggest fixed is mostly cost, but there is something to be mentioned about durability, from what I've heard, heard mind you, the variable optics are not as nice, simply because of the fact there is more to fuck up and not as much money to cover it.

It's a good bang for you buck , and doesn't break the bank. Numorus people who fire more rounds in a month than I do in a year also agree the scope is a great value.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fe4l_CAthI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yC8KlSZDss

http://www.snipercentral.com/swfa-ss-10x42mm-tactical-rifle-scope/
>>
>>32585484
Funny, I was on there going over reviews again. Growing up my father always had Leupold scopes - and it was suggested to me to try the Mark 4 4.5-14x50 LR/T M1.

I think this would enter you point about fixed vs non - right?
>>
>>32585570
In terms of cost? Yes.
I've gotten to play with the mk4 before and enjoyed it, but that being said I don't know if the ability to change from 4.5 -14 is worth the extra money considering the way I use my rifle.
( Savage 10 .308 range 100- 800m )

I'd imagine the 4.5 would be handy for scanning , but that's why I carry a decent set of Bino.-- brb
>>
>>32585570
Leupold tend to place allot of there price based just on their name. Vortex viper PST aught to be in your price range. Swfa should have a variable or two in there too. Bushnell lrsi and Burris xtr 2 a little over a $1k.
>>
>>32585608
Is there something to be said about the lifetime warranty? I've read alot about people having to send their scopes in...?
>>
>>32585627
Who's lifetime warranty? I have used vortex before, and working in a gun shop I have talked to other customers as well. All positive in terms of customer service if any was needed.

Meanwhile Leupold on the other hand is cock suckers, at least in some instances. Guy brought in a VX3 with a nonfunctional reticle adjustment. I confirmed in fact the reticle could not be focused.

He sent it back, got it, they said it was fixed. Low and behold it does not in fact focus the reticle, that even the piece of shit Minox in the case is doing just fine.

Went back again, came back unfixed.

So, on the one hand (now there are many other metrics to consider as well but to make some generalizations)

>more people have to use Vortex CS
Is this due to lower QC/lower quality in general? On their cheap stuff yes, IMO. Diamondback and below. On their more expensive stuff? Viper and above-- well, maybe more CS because more people have it because it's cheaper than competitors and in turn QC and quality aren't lower, and given similar sample size more people would deal w/other manufacturer CS etc.

Leupold
>less first hand experience or customer interaction and review
>w/limited interactions, CS substandard

Eh I like vortex stuff in general. Currently hoping a Razor HD Gen III is in the works, lighter weight and perhaps 7:1 zoom ratios.
>>
>>32585727
>>32585570
Also depending on what you need out of your reticle and turrets, I would strongly consider a VX6 3-18 before a 4.5-14 Mark 4
>>
Did anyone mention SWFA?
SWFA.
>>
>>32585727
Very valuable - thank you.
>>
>>32585759
I heard SWFA® Super Sniper™ is a good way to go.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2592x1844px)
image.jpg
1MB, 2592x1844px
Pst can be had for $950. Got to go out next weekend to give it a tryzies if I can get time.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.