[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Urban Exploring with a Firearm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 6

File: DSC_0038-Edit.jpg (717KB, 1600x1060px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0038-Edit.jpg
717KB, 1600x1060px
I want to do an Urbex with a buddy of mine here in the Springs, but I don't want to go into drains or old places without my trusty XDm45. What kind of trouble am I looking at if I get caught? Also will be wearing a high-vis jacket so I look like a city worker. Thoughts?
>>
>>32584309
in many places commiting a crime while possessing a firearm turbofucks you with an insta-felony or something.

KNOW YOUR STATES FIREARM POSSESSION LAWS

desu the worst you might encounter is raccoons, druggies and homeless people. MAYBE a coyote (but it would likely bail) or feral dogs.

Pepper spray may be a safer legal alternative. bare in mind that some states have squatter rights, and although a building may be "abandoned" there may be semi-legal residents.
>>
>>32584309
Hard hat may be a better alternative than hi-vis jacket.

You might be able to pull it off if you have a CCW permit. Otherwise you better have a damn good story and be ready to run if you get caught...
>>
File: FB_IMG_1481815716609.jpg (71KB, 800x760px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1481815716609.jpg
71KB, 800x760px
Being broken takes running out of the picture. How effective is claiming ignorance in this instance? Also what alternative self defense weapons would you guys recommend?
>>
90% of the time, you're gonna have any given abandoned building entirely to yourself. Make that 100% percent of the time for drains.

You would be better off worrying about not falling through a floor.

If you need a gun to feel safe inside an abandoned building, you're a bit of a pussy.
>>
>>32584669
This is Colorado springs. Everyone here has a gun, even vagrants. I don't plan on their being a fire in my house but I still have fire extinguishers. You should hang out near tejon street here. Say bye bye to your wallet.
>>
>>32584374
This. I know trespassing with a firearm in Texas is a great way to get a bubba dick in your butt.
>>
>>32584685

I live and explore - unarmed- in and around Baltimore.
>>
>>32584649
Ignorance of the law won't help you one bit. I'd reccomend pepper spray if you're really that worried.
>>
>>32584711
This is why I'm asking lol.

Trying to keep this thread productive not hurl insults. Trying to best find a way to stay safe and try something new. I'll take all advice into consideration.
>>
The least felonious option is a big flashlight and strong friends who also have big flashlights.
>>
>>32584735
So no Kabar? I've always carried one and know how to use it (thanks Army), but never had to. Is there a super bright maglite?
>>
>>32584744
A lot of places have knife laws and shit, and if you actually stab somebody, that looks bad.

Besides, the loser in a knife fight dies in the street, the winner dies in the ambulance. Blunt force trauma is just better.
>>
>>32584701
>Charm city resident here.
Which sites?
>>
>>32584753
Noted. Thanks for some actual useful input. I appreciate it internet man. Is a baton a good option?
>>
>>32584776
No, usually cites (aka places your most likely to explore) have an extensive list limiting what you could use to defend yourself and a maglite is a hell of a lot safer bet legally than an ASP.
>>
>>32584701
'sup Dan Bell
>>
>>32584776
See, with a flashlight, you have plausible deniability that you brought a weapon while trespassing. Besides, it doubles as a flashlight.

But yeah, numbers and caution are your first line of defense. If you see or smell hobo, it really isn't worth going any further.
>>
>>32584753
>winner still dies
Yeah if you dont train maybe.
Although i guess we cant all be former delta current navy seals right?
I could teach you my ways if you want so you can learn to win without a scratch
>>
>>32584834
If you could show me seppuku first that would be great.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>32584685
I went to an abondoned hospital like a week ago and didn't get raped by a hobo.

Bring a knife, anything else isn't worth getting caught by cops with.
>>
>>32584669
>100% of the time for drains
I don't know where you live, but there are homeless tweakers living in the drains in my area.
>>
>>32584846
No, we are going to learn gentle fist augmented with my own brad of taijutsu.
But you need to build up your speed and chakra control first
>>
>>32584834
Who the fuck are you? I've seen you shitting up most threads for a while now.
>>
>>32584309
So in the vast majority of states (all?) It's not trespassing until you've been asked to leave, unless they can show that you broke in or you took a picture of yourself reading a no trespassing sign. Look it up in your state. Also no cops will probably care enough to frisk you if you bring an old timey looking camera and talk about your class project and vegan lifestyle.
>>
>>32584902
Speak for yourself fag
>>
>>32584774

Pemco, Forest Haven, Pure Rye, Schenuit Rubber, and many more great, great hits...
>>
>>32584919
I'm not a namefag so I don't have to explain shit.
>>
>>32584730
Sorry, I wasn't trying to insult you. I'd love to try urban exploration, but there's nothing around me now. Also I grew up in Chicago so I guess I'm used to the mindset of getting fucked for life if you bring firearms (or any weapons) anywhere.
>>
Take notes from the Hells Angels. Tie a bandanna around a padlock, stick it in your back pocket. That and a 2- or 3-D maglight will be your best friend. When someone yells for you damn kids to come out with your hands up, you can toss the bandanna and chances are the cops won't look at it twice.
>>
>>32584938
Hey Chi-Town. Grew up in Berrien County, about two hours east of you. Any good urbex spots left in Chicago?
>>
>>32584874
You live around some huge drains
>>
>>32584902
Somebody used to shitpost under the name Hunter 2-1 Actual a few years back. He's either imitating him or is him.
>>
>>32585084
There's an entire underground vagrant community living in the drains around LA. I'm guessing he's in California.
>>
>>32584697

Trespassing in Texas is also a great way to get speed holes.
>>
>>32584649
a knife and bear mace and a maglite
>>
>>32584910
No, its still trespassing on commercial and/or county gov property.

if its abandoned, SOMEONE owns it even if they dont use it.

Maybe its the county.

Maybe its the bank.

Maybe its the utility company.

None of them want you dicking with their stuff., since an injury could lead to lawsuits, property damage, drugs, etc.
>>
>>32585055
>sticking a bandana in your back pocket
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Handkerchief_code
although this is /k/...
>>
>>32585198
Why are you familiar with that over gangs using it for affiliation reasons?
>>
>>32585215
because i read about it once and it stuck with me. never even heard of the gang thing.
>>
>>32584433
well both
>>
>>32585147
nope, some places require a warning of sorts, or a completely mended fence, before it's trespassing. you're clueless about how trespassing works.
>>
>>32584309
main problem is that upon entering or leaving the property you will be picked up by thermal and movement sensors then filmed by infra red spectrum cameras
also expect booby traps and that someone living near by can be tasked to keep an eye on moment
>>
File: 1470207878923.jpg (68KB, 431x479px) Image search: [Google]
1470207878923.jpg
68KB, 431x479px
>>32585198
Learn something new every day.
>>
File: 1459197067742.jpg (77KB, 463x564px) Image search: [Google]
1459197067742.jpg
77KB, 463x564px
>>32585271
Thema fuck kind of places are you breaking into and in what area?
>>
look at the trespassing laws in your area. In some places urbex is legal if you don't have to break locks and there are no keep out signs if so having a gun is no problem.
>>
>>32585073
Unfortunately I never got into urban exploration when I was there, so the only abandoned places I knew had nothing interesting and you'd probably get mugged.
>>
File: lake alice.jpg (214KB, 832x425px) Image search: [Google]
lake alice.jpg
214KB, 832x425px
>>32585287
some places are only semi abandoned
just keep an eye out for any signs repair or recent movements
.eg fresh tire tracks and rubble or any tools laying about
>>
>>32584685
I urbex in Flint and Detroit. Your city is clown tier.
>>
>>32585084
>>32585096
Las Vegas area. One of those NatGeo "Drugs Inc" documentaries interviewed a tweaker who lived in the drains and came out during the day to beg to support his addiction to meth and penny slots.
>>
>>32584669
This desu. Bring a good knife though. Should always carry a knife.
>>
>>32585403

This. And you'd be surprised how far a pack of cigarettes can get you with """""vagrants""""".
>>
>>32584374
this
also
if it rains, no fucking drains
>>
>>32584910
Holy shit my lol's.
>>
>>32584862
>>32585104
>>32585403

Ignore all the numbnuts telling you to bring a knife. It's a lethal weapon, so it's probably going to be the same legal liability as a gun without the useful protection. Bring a flashlight and pepper spray if you feel you need it.
>>
>>32584753
>the winner dies in the ambulance

Not really correcting you, but a lot of people seem to imagine "knife fights" as retarded West Side Story-esque scenarios where two guys get their knives out, circle each other menacingly, then jump on each other.

In reality, "knife fights" where two guys with knives fight are virtually nonexistent. One guy with a knife jumps on some other guy that isn't armed or ready and stabs the fuck out of him and runs. You can win a knife fight if you're fine with being a murderer.
>>
>>32584374
this
>>
>>32584897
>chakra control
Ah so you're a pseudo-science-new-age-youtube-faggot.

Fuck off with that shit.
>>
>>32584309
>What kind of trouble am I looking at if I get caught?
If you're visibly armed, you're asking to get shot.

Which would be ironic, considering the number of edgelords we have around here who would cheer over someone being shot for simple trespassing.
>>
Here if it's not property that is being inhabited by the owner, the cops just tell you to leave. If you don't or if you refuse, they can haul you in. I did some urbex close to me before, I had my USP 45 compact when I did. No worries, it was dusty as shit though so I brought one of those filter masks you see contractors use that you can get at home depot, worked great.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.