[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

AR BCG fails to lock

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: Lockup_WithMag_EjectionPort1.JPG.jpg (305KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Lockup_WithMag_EjectionPort1.JPG.jpg
305KB, 1600x1200px
Posted to a QTDDTOT a week or 2 back with this problem. Finally got around to taking pictures.

With no mag:
> BCG operates normally

With mag:
> BCG doesn't rotate enough before contacting barrel and hangs up

Troubleshooting:
- BCG #1 in AR #2 fails the same way
- BCG #2 in AR #1 operates normally
- Unless someone has a good explanation, pretty certain problem is with BCG.
>>
>>32579880
With mag installed different angle
>>
File: Lockup_WithMag_MagWell.JPG.JPG.jpg (233KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Lockup_WithMag_MagWell.JPG.JPG.jpg
233KB, 1600x1200px
>>32579880
Closed bolt with mag installed and removed mag to show different angle
>>
>>32579880
get a non-gucci upper, the shitty machining on your upper is locking open the rollers on your BCG
>>
>>32579880
Is your rifle new? I literally had the EXACT SAME FUCKING PROBLEM when i finished my first AR build. I read that the AR platform isn't meant to run dry. Just liberally apply lube.
>>
File: Lockup_NoMag_MagWell.JPG.jpg (274KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Lockup_NoMag_MagWell.JPG.jpg
274KB, 1600x1200px
>>32579880
Lockup with no mag instlled (same as using BCG #2)
>>
>>32579918
Lubed the shit outta this thing my second time out. Still happened.
>>
>>32579911
This senpai
>>
>>32579911
Swapping BCG's works in "failing" upper.
>>
>>32579911
Also putting failing BCG into different (working) AR causes it to fail.

How would the upper be to blame?
>>
>>32579911
>side charger
>Gucci
>>
It might be worth being pedantic. The bolt rotates, not the carrier, and only once the bolt is against the chamber.

Check the dimensions of your bolt, and the bolt bore on the carrier. You might have enough slop that the bolt lugs are catching on the barrel lugs on the way in; due to the magazine pushing up on the bcg.
>>
>>32580307
This makes the most sense, but don't have callipers.
>>
>>32579905
Was messing around with the mag inserted again and when closing the bolt, it may be hanging up on the mag as >>32580307 says. I'm able to extend the BCG which then then allows the bolt reseat correctly.

What would be wrong with a bolt (or BCG) that would catch on a mag follower?
>>
>>32580621

I have the same upper and had a problem with the BCG not going fully into battery.

Make sure you have the cam pin that came with the upper inserted in the BCG, This may be obvious.

My problem seemed to be the Spikes BCG I was using. I tried my Rock River LAR15 BCG in it and it worked fine. Later I got a Cryptic Coatings BCG that works fine as well.
>>
The cutout in the upper where the cam pin rotates to allow the bolt to lock, is that machined correctly
>>
>>32581036
It's this. The retard is using the regular pin. Fucking side charger retards. Kys both of you.
>>
>>32579880
It needs to be broken in, if shit doesnt line up right, shoot it until it does. My ar i just finished has the same problem, but only with the 1st mag of the day at the range
>>
>>32581172

I'm perfectly happy with my fully functioning side charger.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.