[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Basic gun knowledge

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: 1481576790380.png (9KB, 514x312px) Image search: [Google]
1481576790380.png
9KB, 514x312px
Hello I don't know bat shit about guns but now they've peaked my interest. please enlighten me
pic unrelated
>>
How much of a noob are you? Like, what DO you know?
>>
>>32578993
what do you want to know?
>>
>>32579002
I literally know nothing. Nothing at all.
>>
>>32579011
They make a loud bang and send bits of metal out one end, really fast. If one of those bits of metal hits something it will cause damage.
>>
>>32579011
>literally
I don't think you know what that word means what you think it means.

If you give bullshit answers, you're going to get bullshit responses.
>>
File: Onzie_Long_Yoga_Leggings.webm (2MB, 404x720px) Image search: [Google]
Onzie_Long_Yoga_Leggings.webm
2MB, 404x720px
I can answer any questions about guns. Try me.
>>
Read a book.
>>
File: Cartridge_parts.jpg (9KB, 170x291px) Image search: [Google]
Cartridge_parts.jpg
9KB, 170x291px
>>32579011
This is a cartridge.

The "projectile" is the bullet.

When a firing pin hits the primer, it ignites the gunpowder, which causes a pressure spike forcing the bullet out.

How powerful a gun is depends on the ammunition it uses. Generally, the more powder, the more power. Even with the same bullet.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZX7X3pJgH8

If we had a decent sticky, this would be at the top of the board.
>>
>>32578993
>peaked my interest
I could care less because miss takes like that are a diamond a dozen, but the word you're looking for is 'picqued'.
>>
>>32578993
Don't put your finger on the trigger unless you want to discharge your firearm

Dont point the muzzle at anything or anyone you cant afford to shoot.

Everything else is just details.
>>
Their are different types of guns characterized by firing speed,size, and way of firing. Their are handguns, which are split between self-loaded and revolver. Revolvers typically hold six shoots, and have a chamber that revolves every time it shoots a bullet. In order for the chamber to revolve, you need to pull back a "hammer" after every shot. They use larger bullets known most commonly as "Magnum" rounds. Smith and Wesson are a popular revolver manufacturer. Self-loaded are guns with a magazine. A magazine is a box that holds a certain number of bullets, dependent on multiple factors.These pistols usually can be shot without pulling back the hammer, as the internals of the gun do this process automatically. They commonly use smaller bullets, such as 9mm or .45 ACP. Although their are a few Magnum self-loaders. Common examples of self loaders are the Glock, and for a Magnum self-loader, their is the Desert Eagle. Want me to explain more guns, OP?
>>
File: 1474793941147.gif (2MB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1474793941147.gif
2MB, 320x320px
>>32579086
>correcting spelling
>"miss takes"
>>
Threads gunna die if i don't, here goes! The next most common form of guns are rifles. Rifles come in semi-automatic and automatic. Automatic means when you pull the trigger, it fires a burst of bullets until you let go of the trigger, or until you run out of bullets, semi-automatic means one trigger pull shoots one bullet. The most commonly known form of rifles are "Assault Rifles". These often shoot automatically, and use are larger and more bulky than a handgun. They require one hand on the grip, and one hand on the under of the barrel/outer-grip due to size. This is accustom to all rifles, but i forgot to mention it before. Assault rifles also feed from a magazine, and always have. Even the oldest models of assault rifle use a magazine, since they are fairly new. The oldest assault rifle was the German(Nazi) made STG-44. It inspired many similar weapons such as the Russian(Soviet) Kalashnikov. They commonly use medium sized rounds like 7.62 or 5.56. They also usually have a medium fire rate, for they were made to have a balance of precision and firing rate. They are rifles capable of perfect precision, but are often shown blasting bullets down range.At longer ranges, you usually want to shoot in short "bursts" firing three-four bullets before re-correcting your aim. The second most commonly seen rifle in media are sniper rifles. They are long range precision weapons, requiring patience and well-aimed shots. They are often shown in one of two firing modes. Bolt-action, or semi automatic.Since I've already explained semi-automatic, i will skip it's explanation. Bolt-action is when you shoot a round, then have to pull on a small lever or "bolt" in a particular manner to eject the remains of the bullet from the gun. Someone else already explained how bullets work, so ask again if you want a more in-depth tutorial. But either way. these guns use bigger rounds, more akin to Magnum rounds. They commonly use .338,.308 and .50 caliber rounds.
>>
>>32581244
>miss takes

>could care less
>diamond a dozen

You're a fucking retard.
>>
>>32581442
>the joke
>your head
Unless you're reverse trolling us.
>>
>>32581529
It's not even reverse trolling.

>>32581244 is just retarded.

Like the joke was kinda hard to miss and he fucked it up hardcore.
>>
>>32578993
Watch these videos. They are really helpful. They won't make you a good shooter but they will make you safe and not a danger to others, which is the most important thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aNnhut5CS4&t=87s

Next find a range that rents out guns, grab a buddy and go. Start with a .22, then 9mm, then .45 if you really like it.

You gotta just do it man.
>>
>>32579059
OP watch this video if you are as clueless as you say you are
>>
>>32578993
Its a bit of a broad topic. Youll have to be more specific if you want any useful information.
>>
>>32579049
>>
>>32579049
Hnnnnggg...
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.