[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Online or Walk in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Remington-Model-700-rifle.jpg (121KB, 1000x665px) Image search: [Google]
Remington-Model-700-rifle.jpg
121KB, 1000x665px
I want a 700 in 308. Should I order one from remington directly or walk in to a local gun store instead?

Only want to use it to go to an outdoor range and practice at long ranges a couple times a month.
>>
>>32578657

whatever the cheapest option is honestly who cares.

The real question is why do you want a R700 in the first place? Unless you are looking to sink real deep with lots of addons and aftermarket stuff, there are better options in both performance and price.
>>
>>32578682
I like the look and bolt action. What do you suggest?

Spend a couple hours at a range just chilling plinking plates as far as I can without looking like le edgy militia or tacticool.
>>
>>32578657
You cannot order directly from a firearm manufacturer, they have set up a network of distributors and retailers.
>>
>>32578710
savage model 10 t b h
>>
>>32579852
Why the m10 instead of the r700?
>>
>>32579891
remington quality control has gone to shit, and the m10 is better from the factory, less modifications need to be done for utmost accuracy
>>
>>32578657
Remington is garbo

There are a lot of alternatives so please dont buy a remington
>>
>>32579951
>>32579936
>quality control is shit
Oh, well then. And yea, I have no intention of tricking out the rifle with the latest rice. Maybe a handful of different scopes until I find one I like or a different stock, but that'd be it. Only time it'd come out is on the range or cleaning.

Thanks for the advice.
>>
>>32579891
QC and finishes are shit. Friend of mine got one last year and no matter how religiously he cleans and oils it it rusts by the next time it comes out of the safe.
>>
>>32578710
>What do you suggest?
Not the guy, but there are other similar alternatives, though I don't think they can match the 700 when it comes to availability of aftermarket parts.
The Tikka T3 or T3x come to mind, as does the Howa 1500/Weatherby Vanguard.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.