[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think I want to buy a gun for my household and I just want

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: shotgun.jpg (11KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
shotgun.jpg
11KB, 480x480px
I think I want to buy a gun for my household and I just want to know what to expect going to the gun store tomorrow. I live in Texas and have one just up the street, but I don't want to look like an idiot going in. So what should I know?
>>
Things to tell the clerk

-How familiar you are with firearms

-Whether or not you need to worry about penetration (do yoiu live in a rural area or an apartment

-if there is anything else you plan to do with the gun (target shooting, clay shooting, concealed carry, etc)

-how much money you have to spend

and try to get something with a flashlight. You need to know if that bump in the night is a drunkard who accidentally came to the wrong house, a cop, or a burglar. You don't shoot until you know there is a threat.
>>
>>32578457
Gun store owners don't judge you for not knowing about guns.
They are pleased to make a new sale and make one more prospective gun owner/advocate. So just tell him you don't know anything and he will gladly walk you through everything.
>>
>>32578495
Also OP if you don't intend to hunt or shoot clays or targets but want to have it "just in case" please either kill yourself or consider that you may want to know how to properly use the thing you're trusting your life to.
>>
>>32578457
whatever you get make sure you practice with it, guns are not super easy point and click problem solvers and you will have to dedicate a day at the range every week until you know it inside and out, and at least a trip to the range once a month for regular practice after that
>>
>>32578495
How much should I expect to spend, minimum? Google wasn't giving me good answers on that. I would want the most basic thing they have since I don't want to pour too much money into this
>>
>>32578735
Minimum for home defense would be a Maverick 88 Pump shotgun (or similar) for $180.
>>
>>32578457

Here's a tip, don't get a shotgun without a stock. It's dumb and you'll be ridiculed.
>>
>>32578735
oh and I forgot to add, use either reduced recoil buckshot or regular buckshot. Reduced recoil is preferable because it won't penetrate as many walls causing unnecessary collateral damage

You can use target shot/birdshot for training, but do not try to defend your house with it. And keep in mind buckshot is going to have more recoil.
>>
>>32578810
what does this mean?
>>
File: bh_k09100_c_stocks_side.jpg (25KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
bh_k09100_c_stocks_side.jpg
25KB, 700x700px
>>32578861
it means you want it to have one of these on it, unlike the picture in the OP
>>
File: RG500.7.jpg (54KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
RG500.7.jpg
54KB, 800x600px
If you're really gonna go stock-less like a retard at least use a birds head grip instead of a shitty pistol grip.

Pic related.
>>
>>32578861
The stock is the shoulder pad section that is missing from your OP pic. Buy a mossberg 500, 150 shells of federal target load, and like 30 buckshot shells. Fire the buckshot at a larger paper target at 10 yards and at 25 yards to get an idea of the spread it's going to have at those distances. If any of your BBs go through a wall they are 100% going to go through a black school bus and hit someone in a mosque.
>>
>>32578909
fun fact, Eric Harris used a shotgun without a stock on it during the Columbine shooting and it broke his nose
>>
>>32578887
>>32578909
>>32578921
Oh, got it. I found the picture randomly on Google. It has nothing to do with what I plan to buy tomorrow.
>>
>>32578943
Tell him you want a ghost gun with a .30 caliber magazine clip that can disperse a 30 magazine clip in half a second
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.