[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What made you get into guns?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 160
Thread images: 29

File: 1482598227532.jpg (72KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1482598227532.jpg
72KB, 720x960px
What made you get into guns?
>>
>>32574493
my dad because he didn't want me to get into motorcycles (my other youthful interest) and paint myself all over the side of a semi.

Guns saved my life
>>
As a kid I thought they were neat
>>
>>32574493
I decided to go to /k/ more than /g/
>have basic magpul furniture AR15
>going to build 300BLK AR15 soon
>want a AK-47 as well
>>
My parents are hardcore Democrats and I was raised to hate guns. When I went to college, I had to take a basic critical thinking course my freshman year and was assigned to write a persuasive essay for or against gun control (randomly assigned political issue). I started off writing an anti-gun paper, but when I actually did the research and looked at the statistics and all that jazz, it became a pro-gun paper. I have spent the past couple of years researching guns and watching videos of them. I've shot rentals at ranges and I've shot friends' guns, but I am yet to buy one because I don't want to deal with bullshit California laws and I just don't have the disposable income to shoot regularly enough to justify the purchase at this moment. Safety is not an issue since I currently live in a low-crime area. I'm still pro-gun as all fuck, though.
>>
>>32574493
scarily enough, /k/.

thought I wanted a gun for a while but was completely noguns and living in a liberal area with no chance to ever see one myself. went on /k/ to research and slowly became indoctrinated. 6 months later I'm shitposting SHALL in threads. thanks assholes.
>>
i think they're awesome
>>
File: Socom_2.jpg (68KB, 393x500px) Image search: [Google]
Socom_2.jpg
68KB, 393x500px
>>32574493
I'll admit it, it was vidya.

Although my parents weren't into guns beyond having a handgun for protection, they didn't mind that it was a interest of mine. I grew up and still currently live in Texas so there was no stigma of getting into guns as well.
>>
>>32574493

My neighbor pulled a gun on me for taking my dog out of the back of her truck because she wanted to take him off and kill him.
>>
Counter strike
>>
>>32574493
Seriously. Never fired a gun before bootcamp.

Then it felt weird to not have a rifle. So I bought one after I got out.
>>
Grandpa taught me to shoot with his .22 rifle and pistol when I was about 14 or 15
After I turned 18, I found out how cool guns were, bought one my first rifle, and then found /k/.

Nine guns and about five years later and I'm still here.
And I've gotten my parents into guns, they both now have ccws and carry pretty much everywhere (condition 3 and cheap shitty holsters but at least they're carrying).
Have gotten my sister's boyfriend into guns, he has two rifles and a handgun but no ccw yet. He believes in it but just hasnt done it.
Sister has also recently expressed desire to try shooting, and says she wants a pistol for her birthday.
All because of me.

I feel like I've done prett good work.
>>
Gramps used to take me and my cousins shooting in the California desert when i was a boy
>>
>>32574493

mom is antigun, didnt want me to be interested in guns, wouldnt let me watch such horrible things like tales of the gun so that got me into guns

that and theyre just cool
>>
I thought guns were cool
bought one when I turned 18
turned out I was totally right and they're fun as fuck
>>
>>32574493

Grew up during clinton, heard about 10-round limit. Decided to start designing "hi-cap" magazines to show them how stupid the ban was.

Then games:
> Goldeneye
> Perfect Dark
> Half Life (1 & 2)

And two gunny uncles.
>>
my dad went all Infowars.com after Obama was elected and thought he was the anti-christ, etc. so he went out and bought a pistol, shotgun and AR-15. He brought me out to the local outdoor range one day around '04, I didn't know where we were going or that he even had guns until we got there.

it was fun as fuck, I started buying my own, etc. between us both we probably have 30 guns by now. It was rather suprising because growing up I never had toy guns or anything, and if I ever expressed interest in having one he would just vaguely shrug it off and say no because he 'didn't like guns'. but boy has that changed
>>
>>32574572
greentext pls
>>
idk my mother told me I always kept a strap in my diaper when I was a youngin

guess ive always liked em
>>
>>32574509
Exact opposite here.

My parents were "concerned" with my huge interest in weapons at a young age. So they put me on a dirtbike at 4 years old. Faster and bigger bikes every few years.

Guns really are safer. Almost hamburgered myself many times on the highway.
>>
>>32574595
God's work anon
>>
File: image.jpg (653KB, 2048x1376px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
653KB, 2048x1376px
>>32574493
>was always interested in history
>Espically American History (obviously war too)
>understood that people literally killed and died for the creation of the country
>want to preserve said country
>still look up to the Founders + Teddy to this day

Also Tom Clancy games were the shit yo
>>
I'm not sure. My parents never owned guns and never were interested in guns. I guess growing up me and my brother played with GI Joes a lot, and I always loved the model guns they got which had working actions and removable mags. I was in boy scouts as a kid, and they usually had some shooting activities going on with little bolt action .22s. Eventually I left scouting but still wanted to shoot, so I got my dad to take me to a gun range a few times. Then when I turned 18 I bought my first gun and never looked back. My parents are still generally anti-gun, though I don't discuss it with them very much.
>>
Saw them in movies/vidya, and I loved the mechanical brilliance, simplicity and beauty of them. And of course the fact they go boom.
>>
>>32574493
Never shot one till i turned 17 my uncle took me out and let my shoot his 38.The day i turned 18 i bought my self an sks because it looked like an ak.I did not know jack shit about guns back then but now every one i know comes to me for help with em.
>>
I came home to from surgery, high on medication. Looked up guns on the Internet while I recovered. Haven't stopped since.
>>
I'm a noguns that just really wants a gun because I watched a lot of war movies as a teenager. I keep spending all my money on synthesizers, though.
>>
>>32574797
How old were you when you had the surgery?
>>
>>32574493
I didn't care for guns and bought one to kill myself with but backed out of that idea. The next day, I took myself shooting on a whim.
>>
>>32574659

>Start to notice my neighbor is paying too much attention to my dogs
>Keep an eye on him. Stop letting him leave my yard and roam the neighborhood
>Hear her husband start the truck and back it into the driveway of a house across the strett
>Notice my dog is on a leash over there with the cunt that lived next door, her husband, and the woman across the street
>They are putting my dog in the back of a one of those kennels you put in the back of a truck
>Go outside as soon as I can without taking any time to process
>Start the conversation at a 10 by yelling, "what the fuck do you think you're doing?!"
>Walk across the street, cunt is grasping onto the door of the kennel
>Grab the gate and open it while she tries to stop me by gripping the door harder
>Getting my dog out of the kennel
>Gun to my head before I even get him out
>Ignore it because what else can I do
>Walk back across the street with my dog
>Cops show up some time later
>I'm the asshole because she says I grabbed her
>Can't press charges because then I will also be arrested for assault
>Buy gun, dog lives inside now
>Neighbor got evicted because we both live in rentals

That was a little over a year ago now and I still don't even walk my dog without carrying. Just got my first AR so I can carry that when I don't feel like strapping on a holster.
>>
>>32574532
This is pretty much my scenario too, although still in college.
>>
File: 1473115309973.jpg (47KB, 437x292px) Image search: [Google]
1473115309973.jpg
47KB, 437x292px
>>32574642
>my dad went all Infowars.com after Obama was elected and thought he was the anti-christ, etc. so he went out and bought a pistol, shotgun and AR-15
>He brought me out to the local outdoor range one day around '04
>Obama
>'04
>>
>>32574493
Guns
>>
File: 1477606204602.jpg (47KB, 604x323px) Image search: [Google]
1477606204602.jpg
47KB, 604x323px
>>32574493
>dad is king of fudds so I naturally get exposed to gats
>he wants me to hunt durr
>"no"
>disappoint him by hoarding piles of milsurp instead
>>
>>32574493
Had one of those "wake up in the middle of the night and feel like someone is in the house" moments. Bought a pistol the next day (croatshit 9mm). Went to the range and shot it. It was fun so I got like 14 more. Now I'm here.
>>
>>32574493
video games
>>
I was basically born being "into" weapons.

I learned to read at an early age; I was reading -- really reading, mind you, not that "See Spot Run" bullshit -- at about six, according to the oldest surviving written evidence. My parents gave me the run of a decent home library, too, and so I immediately set to work devouring historical accounts, scientific histories, and romantic age of sail novels alike.

In so doing, I quickly experienced one crucial ephiphany: that capability trumps all. Defoe's Crusoe would never, for instance, have survived, had he the penultimate social or spiritual philosophy, but no knife or powder.

Over the last quarter century or so, I've gradually come to realise that there is, in fact, no such thing as right or wrong, good or evil; that human life is merely animal life, and that, therefore, all that can even remotely be said to matter is objectives and means.

Firearms, and weapons generally, are means to whatever ends one craves. I myself desire a great deal, and am intensely protective of what little I presently have of value; and knowing what I do of human behavior only serves to make weapons all the more valuable.
>>
>>32574493
Came in because of vidya, stayed for the feeling of shooting itself.
I really like big booms and recoil.
>>
>>32574493
Grand Theft Auto SA and Call of Duty Black Ops
I make no apologies
>>
File: 1470722070313.png (19KB, 245x267px) Image search: [Google]
1470722070313.png
19KB, 245x267px
Playing COD when I was a kid, not trolling.

>be 10
>get COD: Finest Hour for christmas
>first shooter I ever played
>first rifle you use is a Mosin
>the physical manual had ww2 and firearm facts at the bottom of each page, the booklet was like +60 pages
>"this game's awesome"
>When Christmas break was over our class had a field trip to the military museum

My interest just grew from there.
>>
>>32574851

Anon, you should have made an effort to keep your animal on your own land, and your neighbor is a dick.
>>
i have no idea. ive always liked them but my family is antigun
>>
>>32575034

He was on my own land once I noticed my neighbor paying attention to him. He was removed from it. I sure do hope that miserable fat cunt dies of ovarian cancer soon though.
>>
>>32574493
Pops took us camping with a fuck ton of guns. Went from .22 to .223&.30 carbine to .357 & 270 in a single day. Got my first and last scope bite that day too.

Been hooked ever since. I'd say shit kicked into high gear when I got all conspiracy theorist in highschool, and I started browsing the web and watching 'prepper' videos.
>>
>>32575032
So do I.
When I was a wee lad I already had a pechant for using firecrackers during holidays, but it was videogames (FPS and RPGs) that sparked my interest in firearms and weapons in general.
>>
>>32575099
Also, I was 9. Shit was great.
>>
>>32574493
My friends, I would have friends take me shooting throughout my childhood. I could never tell my parents of course as they were seriously anti-gun. I realized that it was fun, and I turned out to be a decent shot. I would always look forward to boy scout summer camp every summer, so I could take whatever money I saved to buy ammo, and spend whatever free time I had at the range. For my 18th birthday, I had my friend drive me to Bend, so I could go to the big pawn shop there, and buy my first gun, a 10/22. I have about a dozen guns now, I think. And I have since shown my parents that guns are not evil, and with basic safety practices, safe.
>>
File: 1483589684583.png (320KB, 495x450px) Image search: [Google]
1483589684583.png
320KB, 495x450px
>>32574493
all the films my dad showed me as a kipper
>>
>>32574493
I spent most of my time as a kid either playing video games or with my grandpa. He was really into westerns and the wild west and all that, so my interest grew from there. He never really had many guns though. He only ever had a S&W Model 10 that I inherited when he died. I'm the first one in my family that's really into firearms.
>>
>>32574493
always kinda liked them, but my parents said no. When i got older i moved to AZ, and when in rome, do as the romans do.
>>
Neglectful ex GF + progun family x disposable income.
>>
>>32574813
That's the kind of story I want to hear.
>>
>>32574943
She defends the motherland to this day
>>
>>32574493
transfixed by cad models and animations of their interiors
>>
>>32574493
guns
>>
>>32574851
>Animal acts like a stray and the owner is surprised when it gets treated like one.

You are in the wrong here for everything except the gun being drawn. They had every right to kill that animal you fag.
>>
>>32574493
I grew up on a farm and learned how to shoot at a pretty early age. My dad is a semi-fudd, though and doesn't really shoot that much. I also grew up about an hour away from the US Air Force Museum at Wright Patt AFB. We used to go up there once or twice a year and I think that's where my fascination with the military came from.
>>
>>32574493
I bought one because I was sad over a girl dumping me.

comes to find out I loved shooting way more than I did her.

She said "sell the gun and we can date again"

and then I went out and bought 15 more.

I've been happily ever after with my WASR ever since.

>>I found out through the grapevine she also voted for Hillary in the last election.

>Thank you for showing me the light /k/
>>
I was always mildly interested in guns but felt no real reason to get into them. Then, I started visiting /k/ out of curiosity, and now there's a nugget leaning up in the corner behind my chair, another nugget stealthily hiding in a cardboard box in the opposite corner of the room, a p22 underneath my bedside table, a derringer in my computer case, a pistol grip Mossberg hidden in a cardboard tube in my stick/umbrella/cane barrel, a Circuit Judge hidden in an adjacent cardboard tube, and a Makarov in a holster that's velcroed to the lowest of the wall shelves behind my desk.
>>
File: 1483587416212.jpg (417KB, 653x635px) Image search: [Google]
1483587416212.jpg
417KB, 653x635px
Depression.
>>
>>32575334
>killing dogs
I don't understand how someone could just do something like that.
>inb4 muh Afghanistan, muh stray dogs
>>
>>32574493
My father took me out shooting once I turned 15, letting me fire his 9mm pistol and .22 rifle. Fell in love with guns ever since.
>>
living alone in a new state in a decent suburb outside of major cities within 10 minutes of serious ghetto hoods.

On the plus side something about getting a gun and getting into self defense and prepping to a extent made me lose over 60lbs and get pretty fit always a ongoing thing though now.
>>
>>32574493
Just one of those things. It's always been a part of my personality. For as long as I honestly can remember I've been fascinated with war and militaries and weapons.
>>
>>32575369
literally muh steays.

When a dog is out of control of its owner there is no garuntee of its behavior.
>>
Dad is a police officer and was into guns and let me shoot his p226 when i was 13
>>
My dad took me to Vegas when I was 12, walked around with him while my mom stayed in the hotel room, I saw a gun range where you could rent guns and I wanted to shoot a gun. The look on my mom's face was great when the first picture she saw that day was their 12 year old kid shooting an mg34

9 years later I own guns because of how much I liked it
>>
File: 1480725510282.png (436KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1480725510282.png
436KB, 1280x720px
I've always liked guns due to videogames and movies, but since I grew up in an environment that didn't really care for them I thought I was antigun. Then I found /k/ and now I have a gun license. I'd have guns too if it weren't for the fact I'm still living with my parents. Such is life as a broke college student in one of the most expensive cities in North America.
>>
I needed another hobby after a injury pretty much fucked my boxing career. And because I live in the cuck state of germany, I searched for what leftists hate the most: guns. Also marked my switch from /fit/ to /k/ mostly
>>
>>32574493
/pol/

Niggers are being imported by the federal government from the worst shitholes on the planet en mass. There was no council or discussion or vote. Just WELP YOUR STATE IS TOO WHITE BETTER PILE A SHITLOAD OF IMMIGRANTS FROM BUTTFUCK SOMALIA HERE. You remember Somalia? The same place that captures boats and holds the crews hostages and we had to sent over snipers to save a captain. Those backwards muslim loving fucks that rape and murder as an everyday activity and think nothing of it.

Yeah we are going to force thousands of these people into your towns using your own taxes to fund it.

We used to have 2 murders a year. A year. We are up to 37 between 2015-2016. Break ins and muggings are now a weekly occurrence. This used to be a town where people left their doors unlocked and the keys in the car.

I am into guns because it is now painfully apparent that I no longer live in a safe area and the federal government personally saw to it that I was put in direct danger. I am 90 different kinds of pissed the fuck off. I pray I never have to use my weapon but I am absolutely ready to defend myself and my family from this invasion.
>>
File: 1483474983103.gif (2MB, 350x266px) Image search: [Google]
1483474983103.gif
2MB, 350x266px
>>32575596
This should be fun to watch.
>>
>>32575528
Congrats on choosing a personality based solely on the opinions of others. Too bad the injury that stopped you boxing didn't kill you outright, you waste of space.
>>
File: 457456845.png (379KB, 623x467px) Image search: [Google]
457456845.png
379KB, 623x467px
>>32575625
The worst thing?

I never had any of these thoughts or interest in gun ownership 8 years ago. Call me a /pol/tard. Idiot racist or troll. These are the facts. My town used to be safe. It isn't and it is very fucking clear why. You can thank Obama for the amazing race relations in America today.

>for The Most Part, Race Relations Have Gotten Better’ Under My Presidency
>>
File: 1410505962776.jpg (15KB, 244x220px) Image search: [Google]
1410505962776.jpg
15KB, 244x220px
>>32575631
Tiggered liberal detected
>>
>>32575642
Not really, I'm far enough to the left that I consider your "liberals" to be right wing. But at least I choose to believe in what I did for my own reasons, not because I thought it would upset or trigger someone else. Stop pretending you didn't use the reasoning of a teenage girl in your first post.
>>
paranoia symptoms from a disease related to schizophrenia
though I got rid of mine because I'm rich and don't live in a shitty place
>>
File: Mountain Shooting.jpg (412KB, 656x933px) Image search: [Google]
Mountain Shooting.jpg
412KB, 656x933px
>>32574493
Funfairs and my brother giving me his airsoft Beretta. Then the municipality offered some off-school free lead pellets shooting lessons when I was 12 and when I hit 15 my country offered me free shooting lessons with the army rifle. Now I'm a shooting instructor

God bless Switzerland and guns
>>
File: go on.jpg (37KB, 431x450px) Image search: [Google]
go on.jpg
37KB, 431x450px
>>32575722
Good lord mate what got you so buttblasted. Not my fault some anarcho fuck doesn't agree with my life choices, no need to go on a rampage about it. What are you gonna do, club us to death with all your printed out won internet arguments?
>>
>>32575640
it would have been fine if you hadn't told us you go on /pol/ : ^ )
>>
>>32574493
Playing video games mostly sparked my interest.
>>
>>32575771
He's a fucking communist.
>>
>>32574572
Which is why you should have had a gun to. Protect yourself AND the dog. Give the dog a gun.
>>
>>32574493
Liberal parents, liberal family.
Forbidden fruit thing, I guess.

Plus having experienced the 1980s, when weapons were still portrayed in media as "cool," sure didn't hurt my formative opinions.
>>
Resident Evil was my shit back then.
>>
File: cackling.jpg (187KB, 1297x977px) Image search: [Google]
cackling.jpg
187KB, 1297x977px
I found out the government didn't want me to have them.

Figured there must be something to it.
>>
>>32575785
You would have said I was from /pol/ either way.
>>
>>32575863
What you said constituted an argument and if it really is like that in your town then I agree with you, but saying you're from pol made me believe quite the opposite.
>>
>>32575872
>What you said constituted an argument
So the very fact that this actually did happen is negated because I frequent a place that reinforces the ideals I came to naturally follow based on real life encounters?

>look you make a good point for not wanting poisonous snakes in your house but because you go to an online forum that is against poisonous snakes you are a reptilphobe and your opinion is discarded
>>
>>32575882
>reinforces the ideals i come to naturally follow based on real life encounters
The fact that you spend time on pol makes me think its the other way around.
Don't try to serve me a pile of shit with sugar sprinkles on top.
>>
>>32575923
Again, you are attacking /pol/ because the conclusion I came to is unsavory. Or you agree with my conclusion but feel the need to degrade it based on a board you have been taught is full of racist zombies.

Either I am wrong and the sharp rise in violent crime and home invasions has nothing to due with the large influx of 3rd world shitskins. Or I am correct and /pol/ happens to be a place that recognizes the cause/correlation of 3rd world "immigrants" in the US.
>>
>>32575931
>been taught is full of racist zombies
No not really
I came to the conclusion that pol was bad on my own accord.
You seem to think that just because I agree with one idea that pol reinforces, I can't judge you for spending time on a certain board.
Just like how you're judging me for hating pol and telling me I've just been taught it's full of racist zombies.
>>
>>32575596
St. Cloud area?
>>
File: soviet jewnion.jpg (149KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
soviet jewnion.jpg
149KB, 500x600px
>cause registration of firearms to leave the people defenseless.

owning a gun (and enough bullets for it) means you own your own freedom, literally.

>owns an unregistered (and thus illegal) AK 47 + a few fragmentation grenades

feels pretty free man
>>
>>32576004
Minnesota
>>
>>32575334
>you can kill unleashed animals in residential neighborhoods
>you can take an animal from a public street, drive it somewhere else, and kill it because it inconveniences you
Youre even more of a nigger than the guy who lets his dog run around the neighborhood
>>
File: jewery7.jpg (116KB, 756x553px) Image search: [Google]
jewery7.jpg
116KB, 756x553px
>>32574493
wanting an AR-15/AK.

When I was younger during the AWB period I was pissed I couldn't own select-fire stuff (which is true in Jewlinois) it pissed me off so bad I felt like buying a semi-auto rifle was giving in to the Jewish agenda.

>one of the few countries that have a constitutionally protected right to arms
>still have to bend over backwards, go get a 2nd amendment privilege card from the state of Jewlinois after forking over $30 or so.
>likely a hunter safety education course requirement if you're under 18 or 21 or so, that's an extra $50 at least

Fuck Illinois, right in it's faggot asshole.
Cancerous fucking Chicago, it has to be. Stupid niggers can't stop shooting each other and making Jews and old women whine about it.

Long story short, I bought an AR-15 eventually.
>>
File: Receiver.png (455KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
Receiver.png
455KB, 640x640px
this and being a eurofag in nogunz family
>>
Combination of video games, movies, military history and conscription service. I dont really have any kind of interest in hunting, I just like shooting.
>>
>>32574970
This
>>
File: IMG_0215.jpg (115KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0215.jpg
115KB, 640x480px
>>32575722
>>
Medal of Honor
>>
I'd be lying if I said it was solely for the purposes of home defense and recreational shooting. Saw something last year out in the woods that rattled me. A few weeks after the encounter, I decided to buy my very first handgun. I'd like to head back out there some day, well-armed, to go investigating for some closure.
>>
>>32574493
The Infantry.
>>
File: giphy.gif (1MB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
1MB, 250x250px
>at dinner with girlfriend and her family
>her dad is talking about how long it's been since he's gone shooting
>anon do you have your PAL?
>no, but I'm keeping an eye out for any classes opening up so I can send for it
>turns out no one else at the table has a licence either
>he knows a guy that does the course, sends us there as a group
>two months later we are all has guns

>>32576244
Ted?
>>
>>32574493

My father. He took me to hunt with him since I was five or six. I honestly don't remember the first time I went hunting with him.
>>
My parents were over-controlling shits that tried to limit and monitor everything I did, so naturally I was inclined to break every single rule they set.

Now I'm a hobby gunsmith.
>>
>>32576177
That feel when I'm a communist working in the Armed Forces.

Where is your god now?
>>
>>32577194
Six feet under
>>
>>32574532
Same for me, but I went against them way earlier than college, like back in middle school my views swapped. It also happened that around that time I started to get into vidva like CS: Source
>>
Well I was a little toy army man when I was a kid and thought all 50 pounds of bone I had would end up as a navy seal. That shit stopped when I was 14 and killed my first deer and realized I'm pretty much just in love with guns. I'm a weird half fud half collector and now at 20 I'm slowly growing my collection when I can afford.
>>
>>32574970
Same here

Some of the oldest pictures of me are me sleeping while cradling a stuffed animal and a plastic Rambo knife.
My oldest memory is of my dad teaching me to shoot with a BB gun when I was 4.
Since then I've read everthing weapons related I could get my hands on, been in shooting clubs and became a hunter and a gunsmith.
Also the proud owner of 14 weapons.

And all that in the fucking Heart of Darkness (central Europe)
>>
File: 1450840202930.jpg (122KB, 960x636px) Image search: [Google]
1450840202930.jpg
122KB, 960x636px
Watch many foreign films and We were soldiers, WW2 docs, Saints and Soldiers. Dad was a soldier so i wanted to do that too.

Parents were against it
>>
>>32575762
Send me your beautiful Sg550! Please please please! They were banned the year I was born and now only the shitty 551/556s are available!!!
>>
>>32577194
The military doesn't give a fuck about your opinions, dirt. As a communist you're doing your part and should be asking for lower pay as it is your civic duty.
>>
fun video games with guns, having a bb gun as a kid, playing games with better graphics of guns, then my friend telling me to buy a gun, which i got a 1911 for to pop my noguns cherry
>>
>>32574493
it's just the
>if someone/group breaks into my house while i'm home alone and the cops will take 5 minutes to arrive and they're about to break through my door and kill me, won't I want to have some kind of gun to defend myself?
situation. i really don't care about guns otherwise.
>>
File: SIG_550_sniper.jpg (119KB, 1024x658px) Image search: [Google]
SIG_550_sniper.jpg
119KB, 1024x658px
>>32577321
Well for starter I can't if there's a ban sorry.

And second, I would never ever give away my SIG550. It's my baby and I use it in competitions

Here, have a picture of the sniper version to cheer you up
>>
>>32574493
It was honestly movies.
I grew up in a house without guns, though my grandparents and uncle were shooters before I was born they all gave that up after leaving Arizona it seems.
Anyways, unlike some people in this world, it seems I had fairly decent reasoning skills as a child.
I noticed the difference between good guys and bad guys wasn't the gun, it was what they did with guns.
So I figured if the bad guys are gonna have guns I should have them too.
On a side note I thought Batman was a badass because he didn't use them but fought crime anyway, even if it's illogical and a purely emotional decision he made.
>>
videogames
and seeing guns and ammo magazines at 7-11
>>
>>32574493
Growing up I always felt small and helpless, and I was bullied a bit. Not badly, but enough to leave an impression.

Having a gun makes me feel like a big man, and if anyone wants to make trouble then I know that I can deal with it.

Also, I've always felt a bit inadequate in other areas of my life, particularly with regards to my penis, so having a handful of gun makes me feel more masculine.
>>
>>32574493
I was raised to believe that as a citizen of this country I had not just a right but a responsibility to be armed.
>>
>>32578529
Hi shill!
>>
File: 1481041294189.png (375KB, 452x487px) Image search: [Google]
1481041294189.png
375KB, 452x487px
>>32575722
Stop pretending you're special on this Taiwanese fish fondling forum.
>>
>>32574532
>>32574862

Good, now do more research on other topics. You will learn that you probably have the wrong views on most topics.
>>
>>32574493
Shooting guns.
>>
File: Mossberg 590a1 2.jpg (3MB, 5169x1873px) Image search: [Google]
Mossberg 590a1 2.jpg
3MB, 5169x1873px
>>32574493
I was thinking of buying an HD monitor for my video games. I was then passingly curious into how much more or less a double barrel shotgun like the ones seen in Serious Sam/Doom would cost.

Started searching for the prices, then why the prices were so high, then I saw mentions that pump shotguns were inexpensive. Then I started researching which shotguns were the best (break vs pump vs semi auto) and by the time I decided pump action shotguns were the best, I went from being passively curious to actually wanting one. Bought a mossberg 590a1.
>>
>>32574524
Same, but I regret it big time.
I could have gotten in on the big internet bubble and made stupid amounts of money off of basic bitch ideas like "sports TV... but on the internet" nobody outside of the industry thought of because the internet was for nerds and computers weren't retard friendly and in your pocket at all times.
>>
Have always been into guns. Like, since I was 4. Always would buy cap guns and shit.
>>
File: IMG_6338.jpg (210KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6338.jpg
210KB, 1200x900px
>>32574493
>Used to live in a peaceful area
>Niggers started moving here
>try not to be a racist
>fucking crackhouses popping up like zits all over my beautiful neighborhood
>break ins all over the place
>some nig got shot in the face in front of the 7/11 i grew up going to
>find /k/
>Buy AR for bedside gun
>buy glock brand glock for carry gun

Fuck all this crap

At least I got a fun hobby out of this
>>
>>32579234
>>try not to be a racist
that's where you fucked up, faggot.
>>
>>32574567
That game was so good
>>
>>32574493
Toy/ water guns fueled my gun interest at a young age. Then it went nerf, airshit, pellet guns, and last week I finally completed my funs metamorphosis when I picked up a type 56 sks and an old h&r single shot 12 gauge.
>>
>>32579234
>allowing your neighborhood to fall
Take your new gun and shoot yourself pussy
You let them spread you spineless coward
Eat a dick\10
>>
>>32579302
I voted. What the hell else do you want me to do? Shoot up the nearest welfare office? What would that accomplish? I just hope Trump gets these animals working in a factory so they stop ruining my neighborhood
>>
>>32574803
It was the C-Section that birthed him.
>>
>>32579338
trump kept trying to appease and woo negros. you're delusional if you think he will do anything about them, and you're even more delusional if you think it would work.

everywhere they are is shit.
>>
As a kid:
>Lived in both Kentucky and Virginia
>Dad was an army veteran
>Neighbor was a sheriff
>Shot pellet guns and hung out innawoods with his son
>Played games like Half-Life, Unreal Tournament, SOCOM, and Starsiege Tribes with my brother and his friends
>>
>>32575958
/pol/ is always right, fuck off
>>
rainbow six 3
>>
>>32578529
Glad to hear you feel better now :)
>>
>>32574493
Seeing great-grandfather's gun collection after he died.
>>
File: 1460226186159.jpg (91KB, 666x720px) Image search: [Google]
1460226186159.jpg
91KB, 666x720px
>>32574493
the internal jew
I thought if AWBv2 was going down I could grandfather in a few guns sell them off for 10x what I paid for them.

Shot them and fell in love.
>>
First time going to the range and shooting a couple of different guns. I told myself that day I will own a gun.
>>
I was in a photoshop class, sat next to a /k/ommando named James. He was an autistic faggot. He always watches like five videos at a time on 480p quality while browsing gay shit on here. I aspire to be him.
>>
I grew up in New York and started working a few hours a week when I was 13. Taxes pissed me off when I started working on the books, so I started becoming more and more conservative (in the modern sense of the word, in a sane era I'd be what you'd call liberal).

My interest in guns came from reading the ideas of the founding fathers, and why they wanted us to have them, among other things. I got the fuck out of New York when I graduated high school and after college I finally started buying funs. Feelsgoodman. Fuck Cuomo and the faggotass SAFE act. New York is a prison.
>>
My dad got me interested in military history from a young age, I came to /k/ for that and it got me interested in gun ownership. Once I found out that Canadians can own more interesting stuff than just fudd shit I got my license.
>>
>>32576697
Hey Bill
>>
>>32574493
Always thought they were neat, but didn't have any knowledge till I started lurking here. Am actually still a nogunz, but I hope to change that at some point. Thinking of starting with an SKS.
>>
I always were into history etc. (Although mostly Middle ages etc.). I spent my first pocket money on model tanks of which 2 subsequently broke because I played with them. Around the age of 14, I was basically basement-dweller-level with no social interactions apart from school. My Mum (big Environmentalist with all other leftist opinions, although she denies being a filthy commie)signed me up for our local gun club together with my sister to get some social interaction. From then I went from radical communism to libertarianism in 0.5 years. Although she disliked my political opinions too, back then, I think she regrets signing me up to this day. Her boyfriend, who knows about the Real Situation in america and I always argue with her about gun rights. I don't own one because I live in the Peoples Republic of Germany.
>>
>>32578529
nice b8
>>
>>32579338
>taking Hunter 3-1 Actual seriously
You must be new here.
>>
>>32574493
Initially concerns for self defence.
>>
File: image.jpg (163KB, 629x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
163KB, 629x800px
>>32574493
Davy fucking Crockett.

Specifically the 1955 film.

After that it was every western I could get my little hands on.

Then it was the US Army.
>>
I played 007 on the n64. and kept playing every shooting game I could find.

Too bad I cant buy a weapon now
>>
Started with vidya, most memorably Halo and Splinter Cell in my mid to late teens, and then Call of Duty: Modern Warfare in my early 20s. Lead into paintball and airsoft, then air weapons, then the real deal.
>>
>>32574493
games

and the fact that its in my freedumb ladend blood
>>
>>32579234
I had this happen.

>Live in all white ex mob neighborhood.
>city libtards decide to build "Low-income" housing immediately across the street from my neighborhood.
>residents oppose.
Libsdontcare.bat
>crime rate skyrockets literally overnight.
>in the first 4 months there were 2 home invasions, (one where an elderly man was shot by niggers in front of his elderly wife), break ins galore and tagging/vandalism/littering/ghetto music so often that even the cops stopped responding.

>My house hasn't been hit, yet, but 3 houses on my culdesac were Burglarized a few months back. And there's only 11 homes on the street.

Sisters senpai had same thing happen. Low income nigger housing soon to be built.
>neighbor's opposed.
Libsdontcare.bat
>Sister and Husband said fuck no and They moved out of state.

They were smart...
>>
>>32574813
Wow I sure hope you don't feel that way anymore bro. Or at least not as severely.
>>
Boy Scouts and vidya games. First time I got to shoot was on a scout outing because my white collar parents were never interested in guns. Guns in games like CoD World at War and the like spurred my interest and I started going on Wikipedia and looking up WWII guns when I was bored.

And now I'm a proud Nugget owner in 2017.
>>
Always loved military stuff as a kid and since my father was a helo pilot. Held his 1911 (I think) when I was like 7. Shot our ancient .22 then I got addicted. Joining the service and browsing /k/ only exacerbated it
Thread posts: 160
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.