[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/k/'s wardrobe for long term SHTF/WROL (Clothing in particular)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

File: Gorka.jpg (6KB, 192x192px) Image search: [Google]
Gorka.jpg
6KB, 192x192px
If the Russian Gorka doesn't come to mind then you're doing something wrong.
Is /k/ a:
"Gray man"
Operator
Mad max 80's punk
Fallout 3 or 4 Vaul-tech jumpsuit or power armor
Other?

Post what your ideal attire is and explain why it would give you an "edge" in whatever SHTF scenario you think would be most likely to occur.
>>
In the beginning stages I believe flying under the radar would be key, as in all elements of "prepping" being prepared for any given situation is ideal but one could very well be stuck with what they have on them. In this regard EDC comes into play but if you manage to get to the gear you have in your vehicle it could make all the difference in the world. Such as a level IIIa soft body armor to be worn under the shirt. If a pandemic were to occur thus leading to traffic blocking all major highways then bailing on foot may be a serious possibility. I am currently working on changing my BOB into a more discreet option for obvious reasons. Rain gear as well as sun protection are a must in just about any environment but also cold weather gear. In the long run getting back to base camp would lead me to consider changing into my more appropriate attire for patrols, assuming "bugging in" and letting things cool down had failed to do much in the inner cities. In this case all of my tactical gear still seems ill fit even if it blends in to the environment. Camouflage is a huge indicator of threat level in my opinion.
>>
Would camouflage get you killed in some scenarios? Does the Russian Gorka scream "tacticool" and would the military see it as a possible foreign threat?
>>
>>32570905
Considering I live out in the middle of fucking nowhere, id switch between my camo depending on the season.

M/84 for summer
Flecktarn spring
Alpenflage fall
M90 winter for winter
>>
>>32571700
If you're covered in all matching camo, Looter McGee can tell you have some clue about what you're doing, meaning you probably have something valuable to him.

As for military, if they're not on "Shoot on Sight" orders they'd probably just take your shit and ""rescue"" you.
>>
bunker in the woods with enough ammo and food to last a very long time and in a place nobody can get to

the idea that i will ever NEED it is ridiculous, at worst I can live out of it for the short period it takes for everything to blow over and new power to rise, or for people to just get their shit together
>>
>>32571785
>in a place nobody can get to

not even the person who put it there
>>
Carpenter pants, tank top, t shirt, zip up hoodie, ball cap. If it's really cold, add a cold weather jacket and beanie.

In my vehicle, I have and extra set of clothes and a rain jacket, plus a go bag with a single person tent and a wool blanket. I also have a set of thermal underclothes just in case. I don't have a reason to wear camouflage clothes because I live in the city, but I do have a few spares of emt pants and a Czech m97 field jacket I might wear if I have to go into the woods.
>>
>>32572073
nah, that's what the ammo is for
>>
File: HB-FlagTankTop-RWB-2.jpg (95KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
HB-FlagTankTop-RWB-2.jpg
95KB, 500x500px
Well, I live up in Minneapolis so a Gorka wouldn't actually look out of place going out in the cold.
>>
ill be wearing my gorka to the range. its fucking cold.
>>
File: GifNultxy.gif (331KB, 460x338px) Image search: [Google]
GifNultxy.gif
331KB, 460x338px
>>32570905
>literally Russian Carhartt
So yeah I guess in that sense it's pretty solid for rugged conditions.

But it's also not anything special.
>>
>everyone just talking about the outermost layer
You niggers are going to freeze to death
>>
>>32570905

Good pair of jeans , flannel long sleeve rolled up , ratnik with plates , good leather boots.
>>
>WROL
Nutn please go.

We don't like you or your autistic son
>>
>>32571700
Any interaction with strangers will be dangerous in a NAP situation no matter what you are wearing.

Bring your friends and their guns and use caution.
>>
>>32572290
As a Canadian, that shit there doesn't matter. And if it holds moisture, and clings to your skin as those do (I know they claim the opposite) they're just gonna hinder you. Natural stuff is the highest tier for cold.
>>
>>32570905
What we generally wear around the NC homestead / farm:
BDU pants
thick leather belt
pocket t-shirt
flannel shirt
wool socks
jungle boots
Tilley hat
bandana
work gloves
insulated vest
surplus Goretex shell
>>
>>32572323
It's fucking magic man, somehow it stays dry while the rest of my clothing gets soaked with sweat as I keep marching. I'm in love with that thing, even though it's true, if you keep a proper airlock inside your clothes you should be fine without it.
>>
File: IMG_1185.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1185.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>
>>32572393
Ah weird. Thought they was under Armour. Still, nothing will top some good wool, or a down jacket.

Unless you don't like being itchy as your balls
>>
File: IMG_1763.jpg (4MB, 2938x2204px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1763.jpg
4MB, 2938x2204px
I love my Gorka suit whether it goes with my area or not.
>>
>>32572196
its good for the price
>>
Gorka is a piece of shit.
>Cotton

Look no further than to the ECWCS. Grab a set of Massif Elements for your level 5 and thank me later.
>>
Tactical socks, black
Tactical boyshorts, black
Tactical sports bra, black
Tactical boots, brown
Tactical jeans, dark blue
Tactical tee, light blue
Tactical blazer, brown

Do you people all live in Alaska or something?
>>
strichtarn, literally here amongst the bramble, trees and hills its perfect.
>>
>>32572642
>not striped panties, stockings, and a miniskirt
It's like you aren't even a tranny.
>>
>>32572161
>also a mpls gorka bro
>>
>>32572450
Isn't that an inner warming layer? It's really effective but you are going to need an outer shell.
>>
>>32572450
This is my innawoods outfit in the fall
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.