[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

steyr scout

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: Steyr-Scout.jpg (138KB, 2000x808px) Image search: [Google]
Steyr-Scout.jpg
138KB, 2000x808px
so what is the point of this gun? what seperates it from the cheaper bolt action and "scout" rifles?

i held one earlier today and I'm thinking about buying one if i can get it for $1,500 ish.
>>
Memes. That's literally it. The fucking Ruger GSR is a better buy, and that's already overpriced for the features, package and accuracy.
>>
>>32570844
none. any decent modern bolt action should hold 1MOA and 5 rounds.

"Scout" rifles are a meme that belongs in the 1920s.
>>
>>32570844
Yeah don't buy one.
You'd be infinitely more happier with something like a howa mini action with a 16" barrel and a *real* scope.
Seriously you can spend that $1500 on a rifle & scope that's much more capable.
>>
OP here, should I just try to find a Savage 110 in 338 Lapua?

i want a bolt action, but something that I could but in a modular chassis

i know the scout cant be put in a chassis but it was somewhat cool.
>>
>>32570844
Jeff faggot Cooper memed them into it.
>>
>>32570844
you run faster if you hold it
>>
>>32570854
can confirm, the GSR is great to own, and probably still the best choice of the "scout" rifles. it memes the least hard, it's just a good cheap utility .308 and only needs one tiny shim to mount a suppressor on it properly.
>>
>>32570844
MUH COUNTERSTRIKE
>>
>>32571088
338 is pretty expensive, but if it's what you want, get it. get a savage stealth
>>
>>32571672
Whats better about the steath vs a 110?
>>
>>32570844
It's cheaper than the AWP so you can buy it on an eco round, and it's accurate while jumping.
>>
>>32571701
Stealth*
>>
>>32571701
cooler name
>>
>so what is the point of this gun?
Cash-in on the whole "scout" ride, which has kinda run its course and is being kept alive by marketing and some ardent Cooperphile holdouts. Still a solid(ish) idea that produces solid rifles, just rather superfluous in this day and age.
>what seperates it from the cheaper bolt action and "scout" rifles?
CS memery and a pricetag that's kinda laughable. If you simply must have a scout, get one of Ruger's offerings. They at least understood that Cooper wanted the rifle to be rather affordable as well.
>>
>>32570844
Ruger American is lighter, cheaper and actually full size.
>>
>>32571832
>>32571313
>>32570854

so is the ruger GSR or Ruger American series the better "scout rifle"?
>>
>>32570854
Couldn't be more wrong. Go use a real scout, then get back to us. They are the apex of comfy
rifles. Easy to carry, mount, aim , pull trigger.
Go find Coopers Commentaries for his thoughts on whats important in an all around hunting/stalking rifle. If you keep an open mind, you may learn something.
>>
>>32570990
But you can't, you double nigger.
>>
>>32571110
>>32571110
ur a special kind of stupid, aren't you
>>
>>32571750
Shit advice from a shithead. Is a Highpoint an HK? Just choke>>32571832
yourself, you fucking fuckface.
>>
>>32571832
Who cares from "full size". What a bunch of total fuckups on this subject. I wish you all were tripfags so could be filtered.
>>
File: neckbeard.jpg (257KB, 800x1199px) Image search: [Google]
neckbeard.jpg
257KB, 800x1199px
>>32570844

Before browsing this board, one must realize that 99% of the posters have *no* money.

Things like "reliability", a "good" warranty, and "fit and finish" all cost money. To someone with money, that is understandable and fits into a purchasing matrix.

To the average poster, they are unattainable and therefore must be made fun of, in order to validate the poster's parasitic existence and quality of "firearm" available to them.

So, any purchase must be considered as a matter of scale. To someone with a job, 1500 dollars is a fair price for a semi-custom, reliable, rifle from a quality company that takes care of its customers.

To the average poster, it's a "meme."

The point of that specific gun is to reduce worries of the purchaser, and to be accurate out of the box without added cost.
>>
>>32571701
Danker memes
>>
>>32570844
>what seperates it from the cheaper bolt action

You know the name and it was in a video game that you used to play.
>>
>>32574505

OP here
i never played CSGO
>>
>>32573905
>acting like $1500 is anything close to being some sort of prohibitive pricewall
Stop projecting, I don't know how many posters here have optics that run more than that by themselves. You're just better off getting a Ruger.
>>
just looked at gunbroker prices, if i can get one for $1200 out the door, ill pick one up.

one thing i like about the steyr is theres a section of rail that allows me to mount the scope in the conventional location along with scout.
>>
>>32570844
>so what is the point of this gun
there isn't one. it's an irl meme
>>
>>32572611
Contain your Autism please.
>>
>>32572578
What are you talking about? It was literally that moron's idea.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.