[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would WW2 have played out if the Brits hadn't broken Enigma?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

How would WW2 have played out if the Brits hadn't broken Enigma?
>>
>>32570747
Mehr als wahrscheinlich würden Sie diese Sprache anstelle von Englisch sprechen.
>>
>>32571352
Javolt.
>>
>>32570747
the brits didn't break the enigma machine m8 it was us aussies. brits just like riding coat tails yeah
>>
>>32571386
I knew that prison colony would be useful for something.
>>
File: just_as_planned.jpg (17KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
just_as_planned.jpg
17KB, 704x396px
>>32571428
>>
The massive industrial advantage of the USA and the allied bombings still wreck Krauts.
>>
>>32571444
this, it was a trifling advantage at best.
>>
The war would've lasted a bit longer and a few more deaths. Apart from that Allied forces still would've won due to >>32571444

Either way Coventry still gets fucked.
>>
>>32570747
im pretty sure the gays broke the enigma not the brits
>>
File: 1483673203276.jpg (37KB, 1080x963px) Image search: [Google]
1483673203276.jpg
37KB, 1080x963px
Well Turings team chose what and what not to tell the military, correct? Had they just used the advantage to steamroll every German sub and secret that they had just recently found, the advantage would have been momentary ay best as the Germans would have implemented a new way to communicate rather quickly.

Not that I disagree with their decision, as hindsight is 20/20, I just find it hard to picture myself playing god like that. While their breakthrough did ultimately help the allies it seems to me to be one of the lesser accomplishments in the field, especially seeing as the US broke the Japanese code that was, as far as ive heard, quite a bit more complicated than the enigma the Germans used.
>>
>>32571386
You wouldn't have a code to break if the Poles hadn't have smuggled one out. :^)
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.