[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2017 Gun Show Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

File: 870 SPM.jpg (29KB, 560x420px) Image search: [Google]
870 SPM.jpg
29KB, 560x420px
Went to my first gun show in a few years, and my god have they gone down hill.

>Standard BZZZZZZZZTTTTTTT every few minutes
>Only a few tables that actually had guns
>The rest were all flea market bullshit people had in their garages that they were trying to get rid of
>Ninja tier walmart knives for $50+ that should have been in the $5 bargain bin
>Jerky lady had small ass little pouches of jerky that looked like vacuum sealed dog turns that were all overpriced
>Hardly any milsurp
>Mostly tacticool shit
>$300 Mosins
>GLOCKS
>GLOCKS
>GLOCKS
>Only thing that sort of caught my eye was a used 870 Magnum Special purpose for $369
>Offered $350
>Told no, price was firm
>Same thing for everything else I inquired about from the rest of the vendors

Seriously, you spend all that time and effort to set up and try and sell shit and you don't haggle on price? Do they realize it's not a retail environment and they aren't in their cozy little shops?
My last gun show for a good while now. Pay $10 to go see overpriced garbage, really left a sour taste in my mouth.
Nice blog post I know.
>>
>>Bump for interest

I stopped going to gun shows years ago.

Are gun shows still a complete shit show /K/?

Does anyone still go? Why?
>>
>>32570834
You can find good stuff, it's just not the norm. Gotta know which ones are worth going to.
>>
ITT: FAGGOT KIDS
you nogu a eurotrash kids need to get the hell out.
It is blatently clear none of you have ever been to a gun show
Eat a bag of 10,000 dicks
Thats a whole lot of dicks
>>
File: american-psycho-bateman.jpg (62KB, 600x327px) Image search: [Google]
american-psycho-bateman.jpg
62KB, 600x327px
>state has a members only historical firearms club that has multiple huge shows a year
>have to know several somebodies to join to weed out idiots
>somebody still managed to ND at the last one
>>
>>32570897
-t $350 nugget merchant
>>
>>32570639
The only gun show in my area has been canceled for the entire year because The Oregonian reported that our Armories still have deadly levels of lead so now they have to clean them up again.
>>
>>32570928
kekles

Although I did have my ccw on me when I went since I was never going to bring it out to sell it.
>>
File: HPIM0838.jpg (1MB, 1380x2304px) Image search: [Google]
HPIM0838.jpg
1MB, 1380x2304px
>>32570928
OGCA? That ND was a few shows ago.
>>
>>32570928
Fat old rich guys have some of the worst safety practices imaginable. I'm not surprised in the least.

Probably had a bewildered look on his face after as he blathered on
>"But...but...It was unloaded!"
>>
>>32570944
>buying civie mosins
Nigga, i want military versions not that trash com spec mosin. I upgrade my shit, ya dg?
I paid 650 for the exclusive sniper variant that is only carried at cabelas
I would NEVER sell it
Smoke my pole kid
>>
>>32570970
Yes. It's recent enough to count, in my opinion.
>>
>>32570897
Actually I just had a change of heart. OP is an ok guy. I am a european against firearms simply because I am afraid of them. Gun shows are scary
I would like to own a truck full of cocks
>>
>>32570998
No argument from me, just trying to find out if that's the show you were talking about. I know some people in the OGCA are more worried about some anti-gun fuckstick sneaking a round into a display gun to have an accident headline.
>>
>>32570639
>>32570834
I got to a couple a year, but mostly to see what other attendees bring to sell/trade. I've gotten some really good "parking lot" sales.

The vendors are generally more expensive than my LGS which is already overpriced.
>>
>>32571356
>I've gotten some really good "parking lot" sales
Me, and like 3-4 other guys were the only ones walking around that I saw with anything to sell.
>>
>>32571057
>>32570996
Why do you feel the need to shitpost constantly?
You shell of a man.
>>
You can find decent deals at gun shows as long as you keep the following in mind:

1.) Exhaustively research the going price of whatever interests you both nationally and on a local/state level.

2.) Don't buy anything new if your goal is to get the lowest price possible. It will never be cheaper than just buying online. There is a reason to do it if you place value in the ability to thoroughly inspect a product before buying it.

3.) Show or feign moderate interest before trying to negotiate. Any vendor who has in the business for more than a day knows the difference between a window shopper who's looking for guns to flip and a serious buyer.

4.) Pay in cash. This is a massive plus in the eyes of sellers, and they will be more likely to play nice with you on price if they know that your offers are in cash.

5.) Don't ever pay more than sticker price. By this I mean don't allow yourself to have taxes/fees saddled onto the sale price for the item. It's a common tactic for sellers to allow themselves to seemingly be negotiated down only to recoup the lost amount via ostensible sales/taxes.

6.) Don't bother with tables that are being run by obvious fudds/unprofessional-looking people that fit the image of "stereotypical gun owner as portrayed by the libs." You will never get a good deal from those sorts.

7.) ALWAYS be willing to walk away for any reason, no matter how much you like a particular item.

I follow these rules and only look at used guns at gun shows, and I've met with marked success in terms of finding things I like at prices that are good.
>>
>>32570639
I'm going to a regional show in a couple weeks.

In years past, their shows actually have been pretty good. A lot of participation from private sellers trying to get rid of their collection, small craftsmen, harder-to-find milsurp, etc.

Last time I went to one of their shows, which was about a year ago, it was nothing but retail stores bringing their leftovers from the holidays at full blown sticker price.

There were huge tables of milsurp with signs that said "NOT FOR SALE- DO NOT TOUCH!". These weren't museum pieces- there were dozens of enfields and garands and stuff. It was pretty lame, the guys wouldn't even talk to you. Why would you fucksticks drag all this shit out here and pay for a table if you can't even look at it?

Hopefully it'll be good this time around, I'm going to go early on the first day to try and pick up a used scary black rifle or a hunting rifle that has only been fired a few times.
>>
>>32571586
Bretty gud list anon, good stuff
>>
File: 20160910_164551.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160910_164551.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
Nice target offerings.
>>
>>32571406
I think he should continue, it's very funny.
>>
File: 1446573167920.png (649KB, 643x468px) Image search: [Google]
1446573167920.png
649KB, 643x468px
>First gun show
>expected an arsenal like the weenie reporters in VICE documentaries talk about
>mostly just milsurp apparel, knives, 70c/round Tula ammo in ziplock bags, and fudd books
>only ~40% of the booths were actually selling firearms
>most were either shitty pistols, $500 chilean mausers, or tacticool overpriced AR sets

Also there were some odd characters
>show of course has a rule against pictures
>after some 20-something got his hand on an AK, he asks his friend to take his pic in the corner
>just as the friend brings his phone out, old fudd vendor next door screams "NO CAMERAS NO CAMERAS NO CAMERAS"

I mean I get privacy and everything, but some of these pot-bellied coots are paranoid as shit.

>went to a booth selling AR pistols with SIG braces
>every single person picking them up proceeded to shoulder them and sweep the room
>ask vendor and patrons if they were aware of the ATF ruling on SIG braces and SBRs
>when I explain they shrug and talk about how since the ATF is playing games with them, they're going to start playing back

>a booth in the corner was selling "custom configured tactical vests"
>just some fat dude that looks like a walking arsenal of tactical gear and AR pistols putting mag bags and extra pockets on branded vests
>ask him when he actually gears up like this
>"any time I go outside"
>do you actually keep all of your AR pistols loaded or what
>"yeah, open carry is legal here"
>even where loaded open carry is illegal?
>"You never know when you need it, besides if the police ever want to disarm me, they're going to kill me first"

Besides that, I got to see some decent $350 SKSs, and a reeeeaaaallly nice $800 71 Mauser with ~95% original bore and finish.
>>
>>32572525
>I got to see some decent $350 SKSs
Fuck, all the SKSs at mine were all $500+
>>
>>32570954
wut
>>
>>32571406
Smoke my pole faggot. Trying to mark my territory.
I dont want microtech guy showing up on my website
>>32572045
Is this a joke to you?
>>
>>32570639
Went to a disappointing gun show today as well. By chance are you from Indiana?
>>
>>32573991
Nah, went to the Rocky Mountain show
>>
>>32573991
Ah well there was a hyped up gun show today at a county fairgrounds that held their first ever gun show and ads were everywhere for it. Payed $5 and everything you described was there. It was a small ass room with nothing but shit in it. Hell there was old ladies selling knock off purses and cast iron pots and pans who had better deals than the fudds.
>>
>>32574032
>>32574073
Meant to quote you here
>>
>>32571690
>There were huge tables of milsurp with signs that said "NOT FOR SALE- DO NOT TOUCH!"
These motherfuckers are the reason I refuse to pay to go to a gunshow. I'm not paying so I can stare at guns that I have at home.
>>
>>32570639
The shows I've gone to in Canada have been pretty good, but only if you are looking for certain things. If you're looking for deals on modern rifles/shotguns/pistols, you'll might save on shipping. Where the local gun show (Calgary at Easter) shines is the old stuff.

Lots and lots of classics in decent shape, lots of interesting old cartridges. You have to be careful for prices, but they tend not to be too bad.

tl;dr- like walnut and blued steel? You'll have fun.
>>
>>32573991
Corydon?
>>
>>32574125
Hendricks Co. up by Danville
>>
>>32574154
Oh, that's disappointing. I was planning to go there tomorrow. I'm in Lafayette so it's the only relatively close one this week.

Ah well, just more money to use at Indy 1500 next week I guess.
>>
File: 1458787023486.gif (91KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1458787023486.gif
91KB, 320x320px
>>32570639
real talk: if I set up a table of reasonably-priced low/mid-tier milsurp (items, not rifles), would you /k/unts actually buy it or are you just meming? I've been thinking of selling at local gun shows but I dunno whether it's worth the time/money I'd have to spend

>>32571406
have you ever seen that episode of Ghost in the Shell: SAC where a ton of people suddenly decide they want to call themselves the Laughing Man and attempt to assassinate a public official? It's kinda like that but with more shitposting. There is no one Hunter anymore, he has ascended into memedom. All of us are simultaneously Hunter and not Hunter.
>>
>>32574096
I mean, part of the point is that you can then ostensibly look to purchase a gun that's worth hundreds of dollars for far less than you could online or in a shop, but that's rarely the case anymore. I guess I would say it's a good chance to fingerfuck a lot of guns while asking owners about them. There's kind of a community aspect, despite the fact that every vendor is a nervous shit-hocker.
>>
>>32574185
>real talk: if I set up a table of reasonably-priced low/mid-tier milsurp (items, not rifles), would you /k/unts actually buy it
If it wasn't complete garbage yeah. Most people vastly overvalue what they have
>>
the last show I went to was too small to have any tasers but still had BZZZT

almost bought a schmidt-rubin for $115 but decided not to
>>
>>32570639

You don't go for the tables, you go to buy guns from other people walking around.

Got a really nice Tula '53 SKS w/bayo for $375 last year. Also got an old mak with 200 rds for $250.

Tables are shit, but most people with old milsurp guns that need a quick buck or just don't give a shit about daddy's old collection of hand-me-down guns will just fucking give shit away like that of you haggle hard enough.
>>
basically the same for me except
>came with intent to buy completely beat shitty break action single barrel shotgun for kitchen gunsmith purposes
>talk with a guy for awhile at a booth
>see old 20 gauge with some decently nice bluing, but a shitty beat stock with a beat rubber buttplate that i would swap out for a hand carved stock
>$169
>tell him "i've got $130 in my pocket i'll give you for that"
>"deal, just need to see ID"
>"well i've got my ID but i just moved down from connecticut, i did bring the title of my vehicle which is registered to my name at my house here in florida"
>"CANT DO THAT, THAT'S ILLEGAL"
>"no it's not, my roommate still has his connecticut state ID but he just brings his registration which shows he lives in Florida just like me"
>"THAT'S WRONG, CAN'T DO IT... but...
and here's where i was just done
>"you could buy the gun here and i'll hold it for you until you get your florida state ID"
>look it up, $48 i didn't plan on spending
>..."no"
>"well, i can't do this deal"
>walk away and decide to look at the BZAPPZPAPAPPAPAPAs and two whole $350 round receiver mosins in the whole place
>>
>>32574172
Same! I'll be at the 1500 next week once I'm back at uni
>>
haven't had much, if any luck at gun shows

meanwhile every one my dad goes to he always comes home with some dinky shotgun or .22 of some form or another

then there was the time he gets thousands of dollars worth of ammo and magazines for about $300

meanwhile all I want is a beretta 92F
>>
I usually either find really good deals or really shit deals at gun shows. I picked up a Sako M39 with a flame birch stock for $225 last time. But most of the time, time at gun shows is spent culling through hordes of used mossberg 500's at $350, Nagant revolvers for $500. Used Glocks $20 below NIB prices etc.
>>
>>32574395
>$130 for a single barrel 20ga

pffff
>>
File: Tar-Hart-110215-092499-915x915.jpg (117KB, 915x915px) Image search: [Google]
Tar-Hart-110215-092499-915x915.jpg
117KB, 915x915px
>>32574735
was gonna make it purdy and turn it into a schrifle slinger
>.615 holla tips going 2840fps
>>
>>32574856
you can probably get a better deal

I got a dinky hundred or so year old single shot for abut $70

I wouldn't really pay over $110 for a single shot 20gauge, you know? just seems a bit silly

also that sounds amazing, I oughta find a 20ga slug gun and make it a schrifle gat
>>
>>32574935
y'know, i originally wanted to go with 20ga, but i caught wind that they were making 12 gauge schrifle, depending on how it is, i may just end up buying a 12 gauge single shot if that turns out to be more than marginally better than the 20 gauge version
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.