[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sam Browne Belts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (28KB, 449x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28KB, 449x600px
Can enlisted men in the marine corps wear sam Browne belts or is it just an officer thing. I know enlisted men are allowed to wear swords and sam Browne belts are meant for swords? I'm not in the marines so I wouldn't know the answer myself.

>pic related.
>>
File: image.jpg (64KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64KB, 500x375px
There's gotta be a marine here on /k/. Help me out komrades. One you gear fags gotta know?
>>
>>32570428
Non coms can wear the belt but not the shoulder strap.
>>
>>32570498
Wtf why not. That's gay. Im gonna join now. It looks so classy I was looking forward to it. Non coms can wear the black belt though. What about the squiggly looking shoulder strap.
>>
>>32570498
>>32570517
aiguillette Is the name. I think marines wear one or is that commissioned only too.
>>
French fouragie or something i think is squiggly thing, only after serving in certain decorated unit can you wear it
>>
>>32570428
Wait, so it would be regulation to wear a sword on deployment?
Would it have to be specifically one of those flimsy-ass ceremonial things, or could one carry an actual sabre?
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 1163x1385px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 1163x1385px
>>32571180
You buy your own. The military doesn't supply one. So quality of sabre is all dependent on your pocket book
>>
>>32570851
Thanks for your answers
>>32570498
>>
per the regs only officers and CWOs wear the sam brown belt but i haven't seen it worn in some time by anyone

i should buy a boat cloak so marines can actually see one worn for once
>>
>>32571242
Boat cloaks are hot Monica, definitely wear one.

I would go commissioned but I don't want to do another two years of school and wanna join now while trumps president.
>>
File: image.jpg (34KB, 220x167px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34KB, 220x167px
>>32571242
Can a black belt be worn by enlisted of no. Also are the fancy trench coats worn by enlisted. Not the all weather coats.

Pic related. Foreground.
>>
>>32570428
No, they are only for Officers who are in an 'on duty status's like in charge of something.
>>
>>32570428
For questions like this look up the appropriate service specific uniform regulation.
>>
>>32571320
the black belt is worn by enlisted members when the NCO sword is worn
>>
>>32571415
That's hard as fuck senpai.
>>
>>32570428
Enlisted wearing Sam Brown is not only a cardinal sin but also completely retarded no matter what nation.
>>
>>32571180
TECHNICALLY you can wear a sword in your regular utility uniform, including while on deployment.

However you will be told no by someone in your chain of command, and then you're disobeying a lawful order. Also a good sword is $700.
>>
>>32570498
>but not the shoulder strap
and since the shoulder strap is what turns a regular belt into a Sam Browne belt the truth is that they *can't* wear Sam Browne belt
>>
>>32571446
This isn't correct. As of my time in, the NCO Sabre has a "frog" that the white blues belt loops through. Your information may be out of date.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (71KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
71KB, 1440x1080px
>>32571180
This would never fly.

>>32571501
>Google "P1020.34G"
>Download PDF
>Use search function in PDF
Hard as fuck, huh?
>>
File: terminal lance sword.gif (66KB, 700x355px) Image search: [Google]
terminal lance sword.gif
66KB, 700x355px
>>32571180

surprised nobody posted this
>>
If you join the Marine Corps just to wear the uniform you are gonna have a bad time... I wore my blues a grand total of maybe 5 or 6 times at mandatory unit functions. Im proud of it and the service and all but the uniforms are a small piece of it.

Also did more research and got some more fun trivia. The french fourragerre is awarded to members of 2/6 for their service to French in WWI. It is actually an old timey pen thing that you dip in an ink bottle.
>>
>>32570517
Earn a commission then you fuck.
>>
>>32570851
French Fouragiae is the green rope with red threads through it. It's a unit award that was awarded to Marine and Army units.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.