/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Used Army M9s

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: m9_zoom004.jpg (46KB, 840x575px) Image search: [Google]
m9_zoom004.jpg
46KB, 840x575px
Hello /k/
First off I only know little about guns because I dont have the privilege of living in the US.

I was wondering where the M9s of the Army go once they get a new Handgun - which they are currently looking for. Couldnt you snach a good M9 for a decent price because they are sold off cheap, or will they all get trashed?
>>
You wouldn't want an issued M9 even if they end up available.
>>
>>32569361
they get shoved in an armory and forgotten about. US Army still has 1911s and even Thompsons in inventory from ww2. They never get rid of anything.
>>
>>32569361
They're all pretty much trashed. You could get one for the novelty or as a collectible maybe, if they end up on the private market.
>>
>>32569361
the usa doesnt sell of its surplus guns to american civilians
they will all get trashed or left in whatever shithole the conflict was in since its cheaper to buy new ones than transport then back
they are already beat to shit if the get to the point even the army doesnt want em its scrapmetal
>>
>>32569392
They got rid of a lot of early-issue M16 furniture, pretty much all the garands, m1 carbines, 1903s and eddystones too.

they wont put machineguns or pistols on the market though.
>>
Ok thats kinda sad. I though you could get one that was never used because it only was carried around on the outpost or so.

Thats basically all I wanted to know. You guys better check your US-Privilege, I would to live there.

Thanks
>>
>>32569458
Hey I missed a kill.

I would kill to live in the US.
>>
The Beretta 92 is pretty cheap though.
>>
>>32570247
This.
>>
>>32570247
I know, but somehow im in love with it. Its just the form and that its so iconic. Recently got a blank M9 just to get somewhat close to ever getting to touch one.
>>
>>32569361

If you're in Afghanistan and want to make an easy $50 a week you could always join ANP and get you one.

Otherwise no.
>>
>>32569424
With the exception of the M16 furniture all of those were sold through the CMP or were sold before Clinton(?) said "ah no you can't sell anything surplus to anyone besides another country" in an executive order.

I know that the CMP has had all of those guns for sale since Clinton left office but he said "no" to pretty much anything else. Including handguns, as they aren't "sporting" or whatever.
>>
>>32569392

Uh, they crushed almost all that shit thanks to Clinton-era MUH GUN CONTROL policies.

>>32569401

The CMP is the only organization allowed to sell surplus military firearms to civilians, and they don't have much, mostly .22s, Garands, the odd '03 or so, and supposedly some 1911s that avoided the crusher back during Clinton.
>>
Thats really odd. I though the army just takes all the M9s and starts selling them off to buyers in Bulks, these then sell them to civilians. There is a TV Show here in Germany about a guy who gets alot of used shit from the army for a fixed rate. Anything from used pants to medical Instruments.

I guess they just do it like they did with the M16s in IRAQ. Put them all in a Container and let em rot away.
>>
>>32572499

There are still upwards of 700000 1911's and 1911A1's in inventory between the Army and the Navy. Nearly 86000 M1 Garands and 25000 M14's. Most of what was chopped up was M14's during the Clinton Administration. The Garands and 1911's were saved from destruction during the Carter Administration due to NRA lobbying to exempt them from demilling
>>
>>32574286
>There are still upwards of 700000 1911's and 1911A1's in inventory between the Army and the Navy. Nearly 86000 M1 Garands and 25000 M14's. Most of what was chopped up was M14's during the Clinton Administration

FUCKING YAS
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.