[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In Afghanistan right now. Found these antique weapons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 12

Help me identify and maybe price?

Guy told me the pistol is 115 years old.
The rifle he said is an english rifle.
>>
>>
File: lf.jpg (41KB, 850x455px) Image search: [Google]
lf.jpg
41KB, 850x455px
>>32567465
Looks like a Khyber Pass copy of an old English percussion pistol. Pic related- an original. For value I'd say next to none.
>>
I don't know for sure, but it doesn't look european.

Is it functional?
>>
>>
>Khyber Pass copy of an old English percussion pistol

yes because pistols only ever get made in the Khyber Pass and blackpowder firearm production was standardized and they were totally not made by random unknown gunsmiths

Enjoy being the dumbest fucking retard I've seen on /k/ all day
>>
>>32567465
Take it to a pawn shop.
>>
>>
>>32567526
"best i can do is $45"
>>
>>32567516
Martini Henry. Keep it in case of Zulu
>>
>>32567465
Why are you in afghanistan?

Contractor anon?
>>
>>32567516
>>32567529
Wait...is that a zulu removal rifle?
>>
>>32567520
Fine, it's a J.J White and Sons percussion pistol, made in Bristol in between 1812 and 1818. Value is roughly $2000 in VG condition. That looks a bit rough, so we'll knock it down to $1100. Because the chain is intact it is considered more valuable to collectors.
>>
>>32567520
>Someone this stupid getting this angry

The irony
>>
>>32567529
>V.R. in 1920
Martini-Metford knock-off.
>>
File: PISTOLE.jpg (123KB, 634x634px) Image search: [Google]
PISTOLE.jpg
123KB, 634x634px
>>32567520
>yes because pistols only ever get made in the Khyber Pass and blackpowder firearm production was standardized and they were totally not made by random unknown gunsmiths
Well, not saying he's right, but when you've got an Indic symbol paired with a Muslim symbol, it's a fairly good indication of something.
>>
>>32567516
>1920
Now it could be an reissue or inspection mark but idk
>>
>>32567516
HOLY FUCKIN SHIT DUDE

I would beg my command to do the paperwork on letting me keep that martini henry. Tell the hurka durka you'll pay him for it if your commander will push up the papers for it.

>it can be done
>battalion commanders are ducks tho
>>
File: martini-enfield-reciever-lh.jpg (107KB, 921x647px) Image search: [Google]
martini-enfield-reciever-lh.jpg
107KB, 921x647px
>>32567584
According to those markings, it was made in 1920, which makes either the V.R. or the date spurious.

http://www.martinihenry.org/index.php?route=product/product&path=61_66&product_id=228
>>
>>32567529
>>32567584
>>32567606
Example of markings.
>>
>>32567606
I assume they're stamped the one side, and the same side? Because if so, OP's one is stamped on the wrong side as well. Not to mention the letters aren't really aligned right.

But if 1920 actually is the date that it was made, it might've been based off of an actual original, instead of a copy of a copy of a copy, so it'll be reasonably accurate at least.

OP should take more photos and send to Ian as an offering of goodwill from /k/.
>>
>>32567664
Sometimes they are stamped on the right side- it's rare but I have seen pics.
>>
File: Macklemore-900-600.jpg (306KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
Macklemore-900-600.jpg
306KB, 900x600px
>>32567526
I'm gonna pop some fags, only got $200 in my pocket.

Want a busted Mosin, bought a busted mosin. But shit it was 99 bux son, stay mad you no hazgunz cunts.

Want a brokeen canteen because you want to look mean? Trust me bro, that shit isn't clean...

I'm going to peel like a broke ass maggot, because I'm freestyling on 4chan, and I'm a fucking faggot.
>>
>>32567529
>VR
>1920
I want to live in that timeline.
>>
File: Blunderbuss_menu_icon_AW.png (131KB, 694x277px) Image search: [Google]
Blunderbuss_menu_icon_AW.png
131KB, 694x277px
>>32567784
It ends with Queen Victoria making Wilhem her bitch and annexing the German Empire.

But it's okay, because guns are still legal as long as the muzzle is flared out, and Ireland is now a public range/safari park.

>ywn own a blunderbuss AK
;_;
>>
>>32567520
khyber is kind of catch all for afganistan/pakistan/india mountain gunsmith built. it is pretty exactly what that anon told you, it could be 120 years old, it could also be 40 years old
>>32567516
that martini is most likely also a copy made with hand files in the mountains.

pistol is worth $30-$40 at auction, the rifle around $100 unless by some miracle it was made in england. oh looked down and saw more pics, obvious knock-off.
>>
>>32567544
how much is it worth?

>>32567551
No Im here for some charity thing. I just took sometime to go shop around souvenirs for back home

>>32567556
I'm not sure desu. I love weapons but never had the pleasure of getting into them.

>>32567563
The guy wants to sell it for $300 american. Should I buy? I might just keep it on the wall. I love the pistol but I want to pay what it's worth.

>>32567572
So it's fake?

>>32567593
I'm not in the military dude. Im here on a charity mission. I can probably bring it back myself.

>>32567986
damn that's so low. Not worth it. Is it because that's the price of the pistol or is it because you think it's fake?
>>
>>32567516

REMOVE ZULU
>>
>>32568143

>The guy wants to sell it for $300 american.
I made that shit up because the other poster was being retarded. No, it is not worth $300. You can get a better wallhanger for the same price back in the states. You can pay a bit more and get something much nicer, too.

>So it's fake?
Yes, it is fake.

If you do want a similar rifle, check out a site like Joesalter, or local gun shows. Try to look for a Martini-Enfield rather than a Martini-Metford, because the rifling is stronger and you can shoot modern .303 British ammo with it. You could get a Martini-Henry, but reloading is more expensive.
>>
File: 20170107_143146.jpg (99KB, 640x480px)
20170107_143146.jpg
99KB, 640x480px
>>32568143
>damn that's so low

All old percussion guns are cheap as hell right now, add to that not having any history anyone cares about and being unsafe to shoot you can pick them up for a song.

The tag says 130 but I paid 30 when the store went out of business for over pricing everything.
>>
>>32568253
Damn son. Those could be worth hundreds, maybe even thousands in Australia, being a captive market and all.
>>
>>32567520
The chain is machine made, it's sold by the yard at hardware stores. The split ring at the butt is from a fucking keychain just like the one in your pocket. Both of those things are fairly contemporary.

The hammer screw head also looks machine made, again indicating contemporary sourcing. The screw at the front of the lock plate looks suspiciously like a repurposed woodscrew. The back trigger guard screw is very poorly fitted, and the wrong size for the hole.

If it ever was an original, it's been so bastardized and bubba'd as to be worthless.

If it's a Khyber Pass knockoff, which is what I suspect, it was probably thrown together out of old car parts and maybe a busted deep fat fryer. And I get a feeling that the wood was probably recycled from a broken rifle stock. Nothing I can put my finger on, it just has that vibe.
>>
>>32568143
>I can probably bring it back myself.
you'd have a hard time getting the martini back since it's dated post 1889.

>>32568317
what are the laws on importing antique blackpowder firearms to oz?
>>
>>32568219
http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?21117-Metford-rifling
The Metfords will work fine with modern powder just not the old cordite shite.
>>
>>32568143

>I'm not in the military dude. Im here on a charity mission. I can probably bring it back myself.

1. i thought kyber pass was locked off to most people
2. always wondered why because money is money and if they would let murricans in it would flow
3. i think it is very hard to bring a gun back with you to the US with customs and all.
>>
>>32568354
I'm guessing you'd have to declare it to customs as a firearm, but firearms manufactured before 1901 (federation) that don't shoot calibres that are commercially readily available are pretty much unrestricted within Australia.
>>
>>32568394
That's probably true, but it's hard to find a rifle with its metford- style rifling in decent shape nowadays. Easier to find one with Enfield rifling in good shape.
>>
>>32568143
I hope you don't honestly think you're just going to declare a fucking gun at customs and they're going to be okay with it. You have no idea what's involved in importing firearms.
>>
>>32568458
pre 1889 antiques are pretty easy
>>
>>32568929
Actual antiques yes. Khyber pass guns are not antiques. Quite a few now are simply made for the tourist market.
>>
>>32569220
somebody, i think it was sog had an issue with that, they bought a pile of martini henrys with antique dates stamped, skated right through customs and mailed them straight to peoples' doors. except they were recent kyber fakes, don't remember how it all shook out though.

just depends how much the customs agent knows
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.