[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the Cx4 actually *that* good or is it just a meme?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 12

File: cx4storm_zoom002.jpg (22KB, 840x256px) Image search: [Google]
cx4storm_zoom002.jpg
22KB, 840x256px
Is the Cx4 actually *that* good or is it just a meme?
>>
File: god-damn.jpg (74KB, 700x468px) Image search: [Google]
god-damn.jpg
74KB, 700x468px
>>32565198
>meme
>>
File: px4stormfull_zoom001.jpg (78KB, 805x600px) Image search: [Google]
px4stormfull_zoom001.jpg
78KB, 805x600px
I often wonder the same about the PX4.
>>
>>32565230
I have a Px4 in 9mm.

What exactly do you want to know?
>>
>>32565198
It's nothing special. Blowback action with really crappy trigger. You can get the same with hipoint carbine for way less money.
>>
File: BSGS3E02_07.jpg (174KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
BSGS3E02_07.jpg
174KB, 1280x720px
>>32565263
Ya but you can remove cylons with it.
>>
>>32565263
Different anon. I can't find any of the stocks online and no one sells them near me. I want one, but can't find a damn thing.
>>
>>32565230
I have one. Awesome gun. It's replaced both my Glock 19 and my CZ 75 as my handgun of choice. Only real negative is the slide mounted safety, but a low profile decocker-only swap kit fixes that nicely.
>>
File: lol.gif (767KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
lol.gif
767KB, 250x250px
>>32565198

When I was young and knew nothing about guns I went to a gun show and saw one, I asked if it was a BB gun and the seller got really mad
>>
They're nice, though be warned that the sight shrouds can interfere with mounting some optics.
>>
>>32565198
It's cool if you are looking for a pistol-caliber rifle. It's best feature is that it can take Px4 mags or 92 mags if you install in the adapter kit. Compared to something like MPX with expensive proprietary mags, it's worth considering.
>>
File: flashhiderclose2.jpg (49KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
flashhiderclose2.jpg
49KB, 640x480px
>>32565274
Beat me to it.
>>
File: dazzle okay.gif (3MB, 294x166px) Image search: [Google]
dazzle okay.gif
3MB, 294x166px
>>32565274
>>32565767

It does look pretty sexy with that short barrel/muzzle device.
>>
>>32565230
>how do you want your bore axis senpai?
>>
Nice guns but they charge double what they should.
>>
>>32566584
That's what you think, but the rotating barrel kind of fixes that. The recoil on the gun is so strange, very unique and soft. Good system.
>>
>>32565198
I was curious about one too. I decided not to for several reasons. 1, a few post in the past popped up here with guys that were breaking the stock. I had a px4 (shit), I was thinking about getting a arx but my gut tells me don't.

2, the price. This gun should be sub 500 bucks.
>>
File: cx4 storm.png (2MB, 1118x622px) Image search: [Google]
cx4 storm.png
2MB, 1118x622px
I love mine. They're expensive for what they are but you can find them used for a good price. Mine was $550 with all its original stuff, a ton of surplus M9 mags, and all the Beretta™ brand Beretta™ rails they sell for it.

The trigger isn't good and there's no way around that without sending it off to Sierra Papa to do some work on it. If you can get around the trigger it's a fantastic little gun.

It eats everything I put though it with no hiccups. I've got around 5000 rounds through mine of all sorts of stuff (cheap stuff, expensive stuff, FMJ, JHP, lead, everything) and it eats it all just fine. I can shoot maybe 2" groups at 150 yards with it (farthest I've ever shot it) so it's more than accurate enough. It's very light, very handy, has more recoil than you'd expect because of the blowback action but not bad. It's ugly but it's actually really comfortable to shoot. It feels really good in the hand and when shooting.
>>
>>32567033
this

great gun with a mediocre trigger and a....well unusual optic

can't beat the straight blowback
>>
>>32567094
Unrelated to this thread, but in Austria can you get any civvie StG 58s and 77s? I've always wondered.
>>
>>32567196
castrated semi auto 77s called AUG-Z

no 58s
waffles can though....
>>
>>32565767
>>32565274
I wonder if we can sneak in a law in the Hearing Protection Act that can remove SBRs and SBS from the NFA directory just like those fucks closed the machine gune registry with FOPA and those with the SBR/SBS in the NFA bill at the time
>>
People who own the cx4 report them to be good shooters.

If they had made a little more modular I think it would have been a home run.

Beretta gen 2 fantasy edition
>factory m92 mag well w/ factory (or mec gar) 18 or 20 rounders
>threaded barrel (short or pistol version avilable)
>modular sights / optics
>modular stock arrangements. I am not crazy about ar stocks on not ARs, but that would he one possibility. Or a picatinny like the mpx, or even something proprietary if it had a few options
>bonus : grooved receiver to accept hk or mpx style telestock

They could have done this year's ago and Btfo the current pcc market. Some folks have home brewed some of the above and it actually looks pretty sweet, but takes alot of work. I will see if I can dig up some photos
>>
>>32567771
Here, for example. The weird sight ears are gone, and the ass end is a little bit neater with the telestock. Again, I am generally not a fan of the "ar stock on all things" trend, but for once I find it more aesthetic than the factory arrangment. Also it opens the door to all kinds of options (folding, adjustable, cuckbrace, ect). I have to think beretta could produce this for less than the actual stock configuration.
>>
>>32567771
Or this shitty shoop I found googling around. Let's ignore it looks like It was rendered on a calculator. Of course this would not work, the stock has nowhere to recess, but a factory version would be a nice little package. I think it would sell well. Would give the Evo and MPX a serious contender.
>>
I have a Px4 and a Cx4. Great guns and well worth the money. People who give the Cx4 a hard time by comparing it to a HiPoint are either inexperienced or foolish. The double stack mags alone are worth it. Then you factor in build quailty. They aren't even close.

The Px4 is extremely mild shooting due to the rotating barrel. Accurate and reliable.

The Cx4 has never had a single hickup for me. Accuracy is great and comfort is very nice.
>>
>>32565198
Great weapon, had one when I served in the Colonial Marines.
>>
File: BSGBerettaCX4s.jpg (30KB, 736x412px) Image search: [Google]
BSGBerettaCX4s.jpg
30KB, 736x412px
>>32565274
>>32565767

Frak you guys
>>
>>32568927
On what planet?
>>
>>32568995
Uranus.
>>
I shot one once.
Pretty fun little gun, and quite accurate out to 25 yards, probably farther but I only shot on an indoor range
>>
>>32565230
I'd probably love it if the .40 cal snap didn't leave my skin raw against the "checkering" that passes for a grip texture. beyond that, it needs more mass lower because the slide is heavy as fuck and flips it hard, would probably help to have a light or something else up front for decreasing muzzle rise. The slide mounted safety is WORSE that the M-9 as it's stiff AND it actually digs into the hands in such a way that it hurts more than to rack the slide by the barrel jacket while it's scolding hot. bottom line, maybe it's good, but the slide mounted safety needs to change and it doesn't suit .40 very well.
>>
>>32569502
...You know they're available in other calibers, right?
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.