[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oregon Knife Carry

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_3894.jpg (13KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3894.jpg
13KB, 300x225px
So last night some autitst called one of my close friends at work and said he knew who she was and tried to offer her money for phone sex. She was freaked out so I gave her a small diving knife to keep in her purse. It's fixed blade and in a seath that has a release mechanism similar to a Serpa holster. Is it legal for her to carry or should I get her a pocket knife?
>>
>>32561698
Are you banging her?
>>
>>32561704
Yes.
>>
>>32561698
Post her number

I want to see if she'd be willing to pretend to be a loli Angelina Jolie.
>>
>>32561698
ORS ยง 166.240

Except as provided in subsection (2) of this section, any person who carries concealed upon the person any knife having a blade that projects or swings into position by force of a spring or by centrifugal force, any dirk, dagger, ice pick, slungshot, metal knuckles, or any similar instrument by the use of which injury could be inflicted upon the person or property of any other person, commits a Class B misdemeanor.

Subsection 2 exempts cops.

Far as I know, there's not a length restriction.

OR is based for knife carry.
>>
>>32561730
What would make it a dirk or a dagger?
>>
>>32561698
If it's in her purse, it counts as concealed by the law. That question came up in my CHL class.

Unless she's had training, she's really better off with pepper spray.
>>
>>32561736
double edged stabbing implement, usually
>>
>>32561698
The whore is probably leading him on for attention, don't get involved in this
>>
>>32561782
Fuck, I guess I'll give her a pocket knife next time I see her. Thanks anon.
>>
>>32561788
Nah it was legit a random person that called our work phone. I know her well enough to know she isn't leading him on.
>>
>>32561795
This >>32561782
>unless she's had training, better off w/ pepper spray

Ranged weapons for the untrained. If the girl doesnt know how to use a knife innawoods or martial arts, she doesnt know how to use it and will end up hurting herself, I've seen that shit happen even with pocket knives, they cut towards themselves, or hold it by the bottom of the handle, or stick out a finger while cutting something, its weird.
>>
>>32561882
She's got pepper spray but I'd feel better if she had a folding knife with her at least.
>>
>>32561698
Congratulations. You just got her killed.
>>
>>32561911
???
>>
>>32561912
SHe'll fumble getting it out of her purse. She'll fumble getting it out of the sheath. If he hasn't at that point, he'll take it from her, rape her, and kill her with it.
>>
>>32561925
It's better than nothing for now.
>>
>>32561786
I'm thinking this is correct.

I searched the statute, though, and could not find a definition of "dirk" or "dagger" - but I'd assume a diving knife would be okay, as it's merely a fixed-blade sheath knife, presumably single-edged, and it's made for utility, not assault.

>>32561782

It is to be noted that "weapon" is specifically defined as one of the items listed in 166.240 - so if it's just a knife, it's not a "weapon."

If she actually got busted, and it is determined to be a "weapon" it's
a) only a B misdemeanor,
and
b) woman - will likely get no penalty, esp. after explaining.

All that said,

>Unless she's had training, she's really better off with pepper spray.

is really the best advice.
>>
>>32561948
No, it's really not. Because if he didn't have a weapon at first, now he does. Don't carry a weapon unless you know how to use it.
>>
>>32561964
I disagree because unarmed he would probably overpower her either way since she is a woman.
>>
>>32561897
She would too, I'm not explicitly saying don't, but you need to give her some boy scout knife training at least, because 9.5 times out of ten, a girl has no real idea of how to use a knife without putting herself in some serious danger.
Ive only known a couple that have, and they all had pretty interesting childhoods or a dad that wanted a son
>>
>>32561982
Guns and mace are easier to operate without putting the user in harms way.
>>
>>32561992
I'll give her some basic training with the folding knife when I give it to her.

>>32562011
I'd let her carry my glove 42 for the time being but carry permits take time and she's not pro fun enough to carry one on her.
>>
>>32562034
Glock*
>>
>>32561953
It's not as much the knife as the intent. If a cop finds a sheath knife on her, the logical question is, "why are you carrying that kind of knife?" If the answer is "for protection", That is declaring that she is specifically carrying that knife to use as a weapon on someone who fucks with her. The cops take a dim view of that and most knife laws are specifically written with language like. "<you can carry a big folder unless> carried with the intent to do harm". "for protection" is intent to do harm.

If it must be a knife, get a folder with a 3-4" blade and tell her to say she uses it all the time to open boxes and mail and shit.

But as otherAnon said, it takes a certain attitude to use a knife. She's probably better off with a different option. People are more likely to use Non-lethals, so she might use pepper spray and she might freeze up with a knife.
>>
>>32561721
That's Natalie Portman
>>
>>32562034
Good ol' glove 42.
Have her carry a can of wasp spray.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>32562050
That's my concern with the knife laws here, they are very murky and up to interpretation. She has pepper spray but I don't see any harm in giving her a pocket knife just in case. Pic related is the one I'm going to give her.
>>
>>32561982
Overpower her, yes. But now he's got a knife and will slit her throat.
>>
>>32562034
>Both me
That training should be more than just like a 15 min this, this this,.
Take her camping or something and supervise her doing all cutting tasks that may need to be done. With the folder and a fixed blade, have her carry them like she would in the city or work or w/e, that way she can practice deploying them and putting them away to gain spme muscle memory.

As far as her stance on guns, that might come later when she finds out how shitty it would be to only have a blade in a defense situation
>>
File: Captain Obvious HotelsCom.jpg (28KB, 618x357px) Image search: [Google]
Captain Obvious HotelsCom.jpg
28KB, 618x357px
>>32562059
No shit?
>>
>>32562114
That seems like a solid plan. I'm hoping to change her stance on guns soon.
>>
>>32561718
nice
>>
>>32561925
>>32561964
>>32562111
That logic is dumb as shit. If a guy is going to attack someone, he'll probably have a weapon. And if he's willing to rape and kill somebody, he'd probably do it whether or not she has a knife.
>>
>>32562339
Keep thinking that.
>>
Oregonfag here, the laws are vague. Open carry of fixed blades is acceptable. Double edged blades in any form "dagger" etc are not. Automatics and balisong are open carry only but lawful to carry. That includes a sheath carry or pocket clip as long as it is visible and not obscured by a shirt.

t. someone who has legal experience in this
>>
>>32562443
Please explain in depth why some one with the intent to rape and murder will somehow not rape and kill if the victim doesn't have a knife or weapon.
>>
File: 5Cq1WyH.jpg (9KB, 241x168px) Image search: [Google]
5Cq1WyH.jpg
9KB, 241x168px
Since a knife is a phallic symbol, you are psychologically offering her your penis for protection!
The you end your sentence wanting to keep it in your pocket!
>>
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=308_1483781423
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.