[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I get one of these or should I keep my guns in separate cases?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_5141.jpg (1MB, 2709x1998px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5141.jpg
1MB, 2709x1998px
Should I get one of these or should I keep my guns in separate cases?
>>
>>32561190
That really only seems useful if you want to take a dozen pistols to the range at the same time.
>>
>>32561208
Sounds like my kind of day.
>>
I like the idea. Do they come in long cases for shotguns or rifles?
>>
>>32561190
I personally think it's pretty retarded to buy but, on the other hand, the thought of 15 well-organized handguns in my closet makes my dick painfully hard.
>>
>>32561190
i'd call that an apartment-dweller's gun safe, if you padlock it.

and yeah get one for long guns too.

even cooler would be like a pelican or anvil flight case
>>
>>32561337
i have a two gun rifle case that'll fit 4
>>
>>32561190
Keep in mind, Foam traps moisture, so no matter what buy a large dessicant packet, like one the size of a sock, and probably put one per column. so 3, otherwise you will get rust. Soft cases are not for long term storage. In humid environments.

30 people will now contradict me.
>>
>>32561190
For the vast majority of people hard cases like that are too bulky and not flexible enough in terms of use either. Where do you carry your earpro and goggles? What if you bring a friend and want to carry more earpro and googles? What if you want to take 3 guns and 12 magazines instead.. .where do you put the ammo?

So if you have that many guns and want to carry a second soft bag then sure. If you are going to throw it out of a plane then sure. Otherwise, just get a nice range bag.
>>
>>32561548
You're not wrong, just clarifying it's only applicable to open cell foam. Closed cell foam is an OK storage material. There are better options.
>>
>>32561190
Personal Pref for the most part, get it if you like it

The pros are fairly obvious
>if you keep your guns locked away, buying one lock is easier than buying a lock for each handgun's box
>not all handguns come with good boxes
>easy and organized storage compared to an assload of small boxes
>easy to transport all at once

Cons
>easy to steal all at once unless anchored down somehow
>immediately outclassed by having a proper safe/cabinet

>>32561440
Yes, yes to everything you said
>>
>>32561190
I'm broke as hell. I can barely afford one pistol, one long-gun, and one shotgun. How the hell am I supposed to afford a massive armory of pistols?
>>
>>32561190
I have one, and one of the huge rolling m16 transport pelican cases. They both sit in my garage, even when I do range days with a large number of guns. I wouldn't bother.
>>
>>32561190
Meh , depends on house or apartment and cost of the case itself. Its a good idea for anyone who wants to keep all their handguns in a well organized case, but I noticed it only holds 2 spare mags(with or without 1 in the gun).It would just leave a mess of other mags to be kept somewhere else if you had more than 3. And everyone i know has far more than just 3 mags for their handguns. So in a situation like that youd have to store any other spares in another safe/case
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.