[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Prepping

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 175
Thread images: 28

File: 1481925418848.jpg (87KB, 461x590px) Image search: [Google]
1481925418848.jpg
87KB, 461x590px
Is prepping just and excuse to buy a bunch of cool camping equipment and guns? Is there REALLY ever going to be time its useful? Essentially is prepping a meme?
>>
Yes, but when SHTF you'll be begging for one those big hitches
>>
>>32558911
Why is the guy from Deadpool raking that dudes face
>>
>>32558911
The camping equipment is in a lot of cases. It's not a bad thing to have but often you'd do better spending the money on baked beans.
>>
Pretty much. You should have some basic stuff in case of some bad weather or something though. Have a first aid kit, some food, and other basic things. No need for the extravagant bunkers and stuff. I live in Kansas so tornados are sort of a thing, and I imagine hurricanes and earthquakes other areas have are just as bad.
>>
>>32558911
>>32559399
Pretty much this. It's not a bad thing to get into. We get a lot of earthquakes, winter storms, forest fires and volcano erutptions here in Alaska. So it's good to be prepared for that shit. Especially if they're really band and you find yourself fucked. Never has been a total SHTF situation but all it takes is just one big thing to happen and your going to have to break into those supplies.
>>
It's like LARPing, Airsoft, or any of the other fantasies people indulge in through hobbies. Arguably the only difference is that some of the skills/items you have through prepping have alternative uses that are more likely to happen, like self-defense, power outages/bad weather, wilderness survival, and first aid.
>>
File: hurricane-damage.jpg (2MB, 3582x1932px) Image search: [Google]
hurricane-damage.jpg
2MB, 3582x1932px
>>32558911
I live in Florida. When hurricane Charley came through, we didn't have electricity for 3 weeks. No grocery stores were open. Prepping is a necessity.
>>
>>32558911
The ice storm in 2006 took out power for a week and better in parts of the great plains. You didnt hear anything about it on the National news. Theres nothing exciting about old farmers and people who work for a living helping each other.

Staying warm wasnt a big deal but if you wanted electricity you had to plan accordingly. Most folks had generators and PTOs they could hook into their boxes but they all need fuel. Gas and diesel were what the people needed
>>
race war
>>
>>32558911
I live in a city so if things get bad there are plenty of agencies that will bring food and water. Anything big enough to take out the federal and state governments will surely get you no matter how well you prepped.
>>
>>32558911
Or you could just go camping with your camping equipment

>is x a meme
Consider suicide
>>
I do a certain kind of prepping that involves my wife and her son's father, if you know what I mean.
>>
>>32559255
>Why is the guy from Deadpool raking that dudes face

That's Eric Bana dude.

>>32558911
>Is there REALLY ever going to be time its useful?

Maybe. But what's more important than having all the coolest and best gear and guns is having more people. People will cooperate naturally, you just have to have more than the people who might want to take your stuff for themselves.
>>
>>32564074
>I live in a city so if things get bad I'm fucked.

Fixed that for you famalam.

Have people really forgotten Katrina already? And that was just one major city getting kekked.
>>
99% of people prepping are doing it because it's an excuse to buy shit and imagine yourself saving the day in the apocalypse.

The other 1% live in disaster prone areas.
>>
>>32558911
The worst thing that will happen is you can be comfortable the next time the power goes out for a week.
>>
Do you have an umbrella in your house? If it rains you will only get wet. Shtf and you may need more than an umbrella. If im wrong i have extra food. If im right i have extra food. Win win
>>
>>32558911
>Essentially is prepping a meme?
That strikes me as a better question for /pol/ than /k/. /k/ will tell you how to prep, but /pol/ ought to tell you why.
>>
>>32565423
>Have people really forgotten Katrina already? And that was just one major city getting kekked.
Yeah but Bush didn't care about black people.
>>
>>32559325
>>32559399
>>32561751
>>32562146
>>32562262

I live right in Galveston county, TX, there are literal billboards from the government telling up to prep out here. They tell you to stock food, water, gear, and supplies. My supplies just happen to also include an FLC, ammo, and weapons.
>>
>>32565423
Katrina was fairly unique, in that the state believed they'd literally weathered the storm so they declined National Guard assistance. Once the levees failed they needed it immediately but it took some time to pull together.

Despite that the response was such that most people had their basic necessities covered by government organized relief. Sure it wasn't comfortable, but we weren't aiming for that.

Most of the dead died not because they hadn't prepped but because they refused to evac low lying areas that quickly went underwater. No amount of rice and water in your basement will help in that situation. Unless it is so much rice that, when wet, expands into a giant rice island. that would be beyond prepping and into diabolical territory.
>>
>>32565493
This. It's only stupid when people start building bunkers, stockpiling years of supplies, fish antibiotics, other dumb shit.
>>
>>32558911
>>32565493
This. Everyone should prep.

If only for natural disasters and more realistic limited "SHTF" situations like riots or a crop failure or some infrastructure collapse or a sudden great-depression. Shit that happens once a generation.

After all, if EVERYONE preps, everyone can come together and share resources and help each other to get through hard times. If people don't prep, they'll suddenly find themselves hungry and desperate without the massive support network of the modern world and make things worse as people gang up to defend what they have and take other's things.

America could survive terrible disasters and collapses and rebuild if people were ready to help preserve their communities, but if disaster strikes and people are too busy clamouring for survival to try and rebuild we're going to be knocked into a high tech dark ages with a population that can't be supported without modern infrastructure and plenty of modern weapons around for the resource wars and warring-tribes/warring-states resource conflicts.

To a prepared America, a disaster is just a bump in the road, to an unprepared America, it could start a death spiral.

>tl;dr prep so you don't have to be a nigger if shit gets bad and make it all worse.
>>
>>32566199
>Unless it is so much rice that, when wet, expands into a giant rice island.
Kek
>>
>>32566234
Don't know about 'merica, but in europe my guess would be like that:
>minor shtf-event: gubmint is prepared, we all gonna make it, mild discomfort
>major/worldwide shtf-event: everyone will die, preppers die a little later
>>
File: n.jpg (139KB, 585x595px) Image search: [Google]
n.jpg
139KB, 585x595px
>>32558911
>Is prepping just and excuse to buy a bunch of cool camping equipment and guns?
ye

You can go camping, hunting and shooting with your mates.

>Essentially is prepping a meme?
ye, everything is a meme
>>
File: 1352234906112.png (340KB, 351x440px) Image search: [Google]
1352234906112.png
340KB, 351x440px
>>32566100
hit the nail right on the head
>>
I'm British, how can I justify prepping?
>>
File: ancapBall.png (200KB, 547x402px) Image search: [Google]
ancapBall.png
200KB, 547x402px
>>32566234
>share resources
get fucked commie fucking shit
>>
>>32566234
>If only for natural disasters and more realistic limited "SHTF" situations like riots or a crop failure or some infrastructure collapse or a sudden great-depression. Shit that happens once a generation.
Is there anyway to scale this in accordance to your country? Some places hardly ever have anything even as serious as a detectable earthquake and if you're in a decent country then shit like crop failure is no concern.

>>32566229
>fish antibiotics
These are a thing?
>>
File: wokeaf.jpg (58KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
wokeaf.jpg
58KB, 750x750px
>>32565524
>Win win
Precisely. Why is this so hard for people to understand?
>>
I don't need to prep, I'll just use my gun to steal more guns and rob my neighbors supplies.
>>
>>32566155
>Yeah but Bush didn't care about black people

Dems are the ones who refused Fed aid, for the purpose of scoring political points.

FEMA's response has always been organized and planned to have first boots on the ground within 72 hours of being requested by local authorities. By law, FEMA can't respond until requested to do so by local authorities.

In the case of Katrina, local authorities were the mayor of NO and the governor of LA. Dems, both. Neither requested aid for days after landfall.
>>
>>32567336
Do your research first anon. If it's another /k household, they may be the ones with an extra gun and rape van
>>
>>32558911

YEs.

Preparation for survival or potential dangers has very little to do with the commercial product that is prepping
>>
>>32569952
>the commercial product that is prepping
?
>>
>>32566390
>that pic
Holy fuck lmao
>>
It is irresponsible not to have at least 2 weeks of food and a few days of water on hand.

A full tank of gas, tools, medical and emergency supplies are also basic parts of being a functioning adult.

Defensive firearms is another personal responsibility factor.

As for civil unrest the LA riots happened, Ferguson happened, Chicago isn't even policed anymore. I'm not implying anything about the future, but it is best not to ignore the past or present.

Plan ahead.
>>
>>32558911
look at the demographic trends of the US
whites will become a minority in the 2040's unless Trump does something really drastic, and when that happens law and order are going to really disintegrate

so no, for now things will be more or less stable, with some Ferguson-tier chimping, but in our lifetimes we'll start to resemble Brasil or South Africa much more closely
>>
>>32566597
have you never heard of Rotherham?
you have an extremely hostile population of sandniggers, and terrible weapon laws (meanwhile it's common knowledge the kebab smuggle firearms and stash them in their mosques where the police can't search because muh racism)

uk, germany, sweden, france should be prepping just as much as the US
>>
File: 4thCircle.jpg (195KB, 753x599px) Image search: [Google]
4thCircle.jpg
195KB, 753x599px
>>32558911
yes, it's shills shilling shills

nobody takes it seriously.
>>
>>32567336
Hell, I like you, you can come over to my house, and fuck my sister...
>>
>>32565429
/thread
>>
>>32566618
yes, but I have never heard of preppers buying them
>>
>>32573753
http://www.budk.com/Fish-Mox-Amoxicillin-250-MG-30-Count-33482

Stock up on fish mox. Although I bet 99% of the people who would buy this have no idea that certain antibiotics only work for certain bacterial infections. Let alone how to properly diagnose those infections. But whatever, it's not like overuse of antibiotics has ever caused any species to become more virulent or anything.
>>
>>32558911
When the globalists kill Trump
>>
>>32575769
Big deal, now Pence is president, and congress is still R's.
>>
My job requires me to somewhat frequently spend 2-3 weeks on the road. While I'm only a 3.5hr drive from home, I do keep a travel kit should shit go bad, as there's some risk of a natural disaster or shit going full #BlackLiesMatter.

Contents: full-sized pistol + holster, a few extra mags, fixed-blade knife and multitool, a good base layer and mid layer (merino), light packable rain coat (add seasonally appropriate outerwear if necessary), boots, a few days' worth of MREs and power bars, hydration bladder, a case of water in the trunk, a week's work of prescription meds, trauma kit and routine medical supplies, a battery pack and charging cables, a few Bic lighters, and various other odds and ends. Except for the case of water it all fits in a normal backpack. It's basically the shit a backpacker would carry, except with a gun.

Should the world go full James Wesley Rawles (it won't), I and about 90% of the country would be dead within a year anyway, so the above is pretty much the extent of my "prepping," unless you count keeping two weeks' worth of food around and not leaving my car on empty.

>>32570582

"Survival" and "prepping" are branding buzzwords now, and they fucking sell. Been to a gun show recently? There's gonna be some dude selling 5-gallon buckets of SURVIVAL food so you can PREP for whatever's coming next. Academy is selling SURVIVAL knives to go with your $19.99 50-ft bundle of paracord that you don't know what the fuck you're actually supposed to use it for. Discovery had a multi-season show following around retards who have their own indoor farm in downtown Albuquerque or a compound populated by a family tree with very few branches and Hi-Point carbines. It's its own industry now.
>>
>>32572779
>have you never heard of Rotherham?
Ok, cool. That's a good justification for doing it myself, but what do I tell other people if they ask why I do it?
>>
>>32575843
>Academy is selling SURVIVAL knives to go with your $19.99 50-ft bundle of paracord
As someone who runs the gun bar at an academy flagship store I can laugh heartily at this post because I send all those retards to the camping department, working full time as a college student isn't awful if the people are entertaining.
>>
File: Ayyy.png (341KB, 600x700px) Image search: [Google]
Ayyy.png
341KB, 600x700px
>>32575854
>the Americans told me to do it
>>
File: 1483.jpg (40KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1483.jpg
40KB, 480x480px
>>32558911
Ask those starving to death or dieing because there are no fucking antibiotics available to anyone but the richest and powerful in Venezuela for the last 9 months idiot. Wait 6 months and ask the starving millions in waiting in Mexico right now.
How about every last place that has ever been hit by a real earthquake OR Hurricane / Typhoon that knocks out power for a couple weeks OR any of the dozens of other natural disasters that happen almost every fucking day on earth.
I'm good for 18 months.Food, water, toiletries. normal medical supplies and even suture kits and shit. We have a working solar system ready to go that will even run an air conditioner or high BTU heater for comfort.We have things to keep us occupied while we wait it out, books, dvds whatever. Unless a fucking bunker buster falls directly on all of my caches I'm good.
Enjoy your FEMA food line idiot. Research just how badly FEMA did in the east coast disaster when icing killed power all over New Egland states for weeks 5 or 6or 7 years ago. New Hampshire passed a fucking law barring them from ever "just showing up" and taking command of resources.

Counting on anyone else to provide for you in an emergency situation is not only suicide it's full on gibsmedats. Lazy smart assed cunt..
>>
File: download.jpg (380KB, 1800x1274px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
380KB, 1800x1274px
>>32558911
I lost my job some months ago and now I'm using my preps to survive. I'm pretty much living the dream.
>>
>>32577299
>I'm pretty much living the dream.
...how?
>>
>>32577204
>How about every last place that has ever been hit by a real earthquake OR Hurricane / Typhoon that knocks out power for a couple weeks OR any of the dozens of other natural disasters that happen almost every fucking day on earth.
And what if I'm nowhere near one of those places?
>>
File: 75563.jpg (125KB, 350x233px) Image search: [Google]
75563.jpg
125KB, 350x233px
>>32561854
>It's like LARPing, Airsoft, or any of the other fantasies people indulge in through hobbies
We had a tornado devastate a nearby town a few years ago. We brought a couple hundred gallons of water we had pre treated and stored , toilet paper and even feminine products and powdered baby food so tell me about the fantasy of being able to provide for my family and even others when SHTF and a fucking F5 is SHTF faggot.
>>32564074
>I live in a city so if things get bad there are plenty of agencies that will bring food and water.
You must live in the city with the lowest crime rate on the earth. The very second people get hungry all bets are off. The nicest guy you ever met will kill you to feed his starving children. You're delusional if youthink everyone who is friendly and law biding is going to stay that way once their bellies have been empty a few days.
>Anything big enough to take out the federal and state governments will surely get you no matter how well you prepped.
You mean like a massive earth quake or storm that has cluster tornadoes? Can you imagine what happens in New York city if that snowstorm a couple years ago dumped just 40% more snow? How about an F5 that runs through themost populated parts of Cook County Il....they are so due for that. The masses of gibsmedats will cause nothing but chaos and ruin any federal help. Look at how they let them sit for a week before realizing the only way to clear the mess in New Orleans was to ship 80% of the population of gibsmedats away.
Sweet baby Jebusus people are dumb
Pic related faggot, what are you going to do when these violent little bastards decide their special snowflake groups deserve shit more then the 1% (anyone not just like them)
>>
File: 500.gif (1019KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
500.gif
1019KB, 500x281px
>>32577324
>And what if I'm nowhere near one of those places?
Tell me about this special place you live that never has anything bad happen anon, won't hold my bre3ath.
Do you have magical unicorns that shit beef stew and shed wool blankets?
>>
File: download.jpg (99KB, 558x349px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
99KB, 558x349px
>>32577311
>single digit temps
>snug under my woobie and milsurp wool blankets
>soup mix, pasta/rice, and Tang for days
>complete solitude except for anons
>go on walks at night, pretend town is deserted
>cheap campsite with my camping trailer (free wifi)
>lol water pipe's frozen but I have 5gal jugs
>I'm saving the pudding cups for later
The world has already ended.
>>
>>32566159
Galveston still hasn't fixed all their shit from hurricane Ike.
>>
I live in a pretty tornado prone part of the country. When I was a kid, an EF4 touched down about half a mile from my house and devastated the suburban community I lived in and quite a few people died. While the Red Cross was on hand to provide relief, they still relied heavily on local donations and support. Power was out for a week and a half, the roads were shut down for days and a lot of people didn't have water. Ever since then, I've considered it a necessity to keep myself well stocked just in case of another emergency situation. There is literally nothing wrong with being prepared to save not only yourself, but your community in case of a disaster scenario.
>>
>>32558911
Would you rather have it and never need it, or need it and not have it? My 72-hour bug-out kit only cost a grand to get together over the course of a year - now I don't have to worry about shit hitting the fan for about 10 or 20 years because I know my shit is covered. It's honestly just peace of mind - same reason I buy body armor, guns, and ammo.

Just saying, man. Learn something applicable too, like welding, smithing, farming, medicine, etc. I know there's at least one anon on here who says he can make penicillin himself.
>>
File: 1454033189099.gif (47KB, 171x142px) Image search: [Google]
1454033189099.gif
47KB, 171x142px
>>32577596
Are you talking about the one in Plainfield in the early 90's. That fucked up some shit. Entire subdivisions were just gone, stripped to their foundations and even few foundations were removed. We had one pass less than a quarter mile away and it felt like we it was on top of us.
>>32577618
>Would you rather have it and never need it, or need it and not have it?
Committed preppers who start pressure canning food just end up with a pantry of regularly used staples that can feed the family for a year to a year and a half.
>My 72-hour bug-out kit only cost a grand to get together over the course of a year - now I don't have to worry about shit hitting the fan for about 10 or 20 years because I know my shit is covered.
Anyone thinking about prepping could take that grand and be self sustaining for a year easy. A commercial dehydrating, vacuum packing system and a large pressure cooker set up for caning with ball jars and you're good to go. Once you learn how shit works as far as preparing your own long term stored foods it's simple to get several months of food stored super cheap. Because your canning and vacuum packing dehydrated foods you buy the shit they need to move off the shelves right now. Each stored meal ends up cost about half as much if you shop smart. Takes up time but so what. Make lasagna all weekend and have 24 quarts of canned lasagne that can sit on a shelf in a cool dark place for a fucking year, same for almost everything. One real concern is fat going rancid so learn some things.
It's honestly just peace of mind - same reason I buy body armor, guns, and ammo.
You can dehydrate so many foods and have your own mountain house and wise kind of stored foods. They may only be good a few years but if you eat and rotate the stock pile your gold. You would still want MRE's and commercial vacuum packed and nitrogen blanketed stuff but the idea of making your own and eating it on the regular is super cost effective.
>>
>>32578005
>You could take that grand and do other things with it

Granted. I live in Baltimore, however, and if shit ever hit the fan, I wouldn't be able to stay here as it is now. Different strokes for different folks. If I lived out in the country - or away from Googles - I would have certainly used that money on different gear then I did here.
>>
>>32558911
Prepping for natural disasters and localized civil unrest is a smart idea. Prepping for "muh zombie apocalypse" or "muh Russian invasion" or "muh rapture" is retarded and cringeworthy.
>>
File: image.jpg (267KB, 800x783px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
267KB, 800x783px
>>32578005
No, I live north of Cincinnati. The tornado I'm talking about was in 99, it tore through Blue Ash and wiped out a few subdivisions. You can still see the path the tornado took if you look at the tree line close enough. There was one tornado in my area awhile back that pretty much obliterated Xenia. Pic related is from the 70s.
>>
>>32578131
Cincinnati meetup when
>>
File: GRABTHATKITTY.jpg (99KB, 494x735px) Image search: [Google]
GRABTHATKITTY.jpg
99KB, 494x735px
>>32577618
>It's honestly just peace of mind - same reason I buy body armor, guns, and ammo.
>Just saying, man. Learn something applicable too, like welding, smithing, farming, medicine, etc. I know there's at least one anon on here who says he can make penicillin himself.
Went to a "Preppercon", two day long convention for preppers and a few of the panels were awe3some.
Talking about the ethics of survival. Like when do you choose violence to defend your property, when is it time to stop helping others and get selfish.
They had one about what we call hiding our poower level and a retired Major from the Nat Gaurd talked about how quickly local governments will start confiscating foods and other supplies from citizens who thought ahead. He said that congress passed a law under Bush JR that allowed DHS to take any and all supplies during a national disaster and the speaker after him ran a prepper site and said that people who have spent large amounts of money online for ammo, food stuffs like mountain house and the animal antibiotics that are human friendly are on lists already. Sounds tin foil but if you look into it shit is real. .
>>
File: 9001.jpg (37KB, 548x475px) Image search: [Google]
9001.jpg
37KB, 548x475px
>>32578085
>You could take that grand and do other things with it
If that is what you take from my post you have terrible reading comprehension. Never said you did bad was talking hopefully to anyone getting into prepping, I would never start a prepper thread on /k/ but I always post in them because it's a pretty good idea to be ready for when shit happens. /k/ has bug out bags and keeps their gear and rifles on special built racks in case they need t in the dead of night cause shit goes bad but they think prepping is dumb. Can't explain that.
>>32578129
Absolutely. I mean Venezuela isn't full of people starving to death right now and Mexico isn't about to go full cave man. You're right.... low tier first world and high tier second world nations haven't gone to complete shit almost overnight in our lifetimes. All that shit in Bosnia never happened and lets pretend how bad life got for the countries under the Iron Curtain before it finally collapsed. You are a fucking retard and here's your (you)
>>
>>32558911

I don't think shit will ever hit the fan as hard as a prepper likes to believe, but if prepping makes them happy, who am I do argue? Prep till your heart's content.
>>
File: 1482613684200.jpg (96KB, 600x507px) Image search: [Google]
1482613684200.jpg
96KB, 600x507px
>yfw BLM ans Katrina were psyOps by Soros and bildeberg group to trigger preppers into hoarding shit. All of this because they didn't have the nukular threat to terrorize people into building bunkers and buying dehydrated food.
>yfw it worked so well for them that they got greedy and started saber rattling again against Russia to scare more people and make more money
>yfw the jews are selling all this "survival" stuff and need useful idiot to do their propaganda and shill for prepping.
>yfw no zone ever need these things and they only make the people you buy from richer.
>>
>>32578730
I mean, I go camping a lot, so it's basically the same exact gear.
>>
>>32578814
I Just invented this conspiracy theory.
I think it's pretty fun and cool.
I'm going to make YouTube videos tracking how Goldman Sachs has share in survival / milsup gears since the cold war.
Maybe I'll get to be featured on breitbart
>>
>>32578851
Good luck and godspeed with it, /pol/

Why's the prepping threads always attract the crazies?
>>
>>32578914
Tbh I was completely exaggerating and being ironic about these conspiracy theories.
The fact that it seemed plausible that it'd be legit /pol/ tells a lot about that board...

Anyway about prepping, I think there is an opportunity cost calculation to do here.
Your situation is not the same if you live in a quiet suburb in a regular town or if you live under sea level in Louisiana or if you are the only 7-eleven in a Baltimore project.

I, for example, live in a earthquake prone area. Most of them are very rare and nearly imperceptible but every 50-70 years we get stronger ones. So a huge disaster isn't impossible yet with a very low probability.
Hence I prepare relatively basically. I have a FIFO system.in my cellar with 4 weeks of stock on high shelf life products (tonnes meat and vegetable, rice, pasta etc) and 2 jugs of 40l of potable water that I rotate as I am drinking them.
I have a very basic survival bag in my flat and one in my car. Hand-cranked radio/lamp that can charge my cellphone , a pair of multitool, water purification tablets, basic medkit, some rope and basic fire apparatus as well as a pair of tarps.
Bought them years ago and check its still good from time to time.

That was a minor investment, and the food rotation stock is only a question of cash flow immobilized but, as I built it progressively, it didn't cost me much.

All of this would help considerably in case of an earthquake or similar natural disaster and I consider the cost and time reasonable .
More thprohibitive.ld be overkill.

The probability that I face a continent-scale disaster that would prevent help from outside from reaching me forore than 3 weeks is near to zero, and honestly the cost to get to that level of prep (electrical generator, weapons, fuel, antibiotics and whatnot) is totally prohibitive.
>>
>>32578131
Yea, fuck tornadoes. I mean WTF God...you bastard.
>>32578641
>I don't think shit will ever hit the fan as hard as a prepper likes to believe
Just how bad is bad enough to prepare for it?
>>32578730
>>32578814
>>32578851
>>32578914
0/10
>>
>>32558911
It's only a meme if you're one of those fat fucks with a gieger counter he doesn't know how to use and an ar15 covered in shitty accessories. there's no harm in being preparede for a disater or more minor issues where you live such as food shortages or something similar.
I don't have a bunker or any shit like that but I keep a decent pack with some supplies in just in case.
>>
>>32579509
Not everyone on /k/ lives in burgerland you elitist asshole. Just for the record and to prove what a stupid fuck you really are during that upper east coast ice storm years back there were small communities with out power for a couple months and in the snow storm in NT state people went with out emergency services for weeks in places. You act like the great america rescues everyone in a fucking day but you don't. Every year you once proud nation gets worse and worse. You will be second world soon faggot.
>>
File: 1459638622331.jpg (89KB, 662x442px) Image search: [Google]
1459638622331.jpg
89KB, 662x442px
>>32579509
>I have a FIFO system.in my cellar with 4 weeks of stock

FIFO = First In First Out for you non-financial fags.
>>
>>32577438

start a thread or share some opsec'd pics here anon
>>
>>32573015
i suspect this post is made by a paid troll.
>>
>>32577618
a sensible and reasonable post.
>>
>>32579687
Thanks

>>32579680
That was exaxtly my point you doofus.
So you live in a remote forsaken shithole? Might be worth considering harder gear like generator etc.
Live in a suburb in Denver and you only need a very basic level of preparation .

Also your example is more the exception that the norm. You need to think in terms of probability
As a whole, calculate how many days of complete shutdown have been experienced multiplicated by the number affected in the last 50 years.
Now divide that by the opposite, number of normal days x number of unnafected Americans.

On one side you got a few weeks experienced by a few hundreada of people , and on the other decades of tranquility for hundreads of millions...

It's pretty moot to be concerned in most cases.
So unless you are in a particular situation that put you at more risk than normal it's not worth spending like crazy.

Also note that I live in Mexico which is both more dangerous and with a shittier govt than the states.
>>
>>32573806
>it's not like overuse of antibiotics has ever caused any species to become more virulent or anything.
the problem is really livestock farmers (china) feeding animals a steady diet of antibiotics.
>>
>>32566159
>>32577582

Galveston still hasn't fixed all their shit from the 1900 Hurricane. That's why the government wants the people who still live there to be ready for the worst.
>>
File: your dead kiddo.jpg (529KB, 1228x868px) Image search: [Google]
your dead kiddo.jpg
529KB, 1228x868px
>>32579509
Very nice cost to preps ratio but sad to hear about you having to join that FEMA food line. I watched how shitty it was for those who lost everything in a tornado, after a few days the two churches FEMA set up on told them to leave their parking lots and had to go to the point of asking the sheriffs involved when they tried to pretend they had any fucking powers over anything when the Governor didn't request federal help.
I'll think of you while I'm sitting nice and warm or nice and cool and eating tasty healthy food I made myself for as long as is necessary. You never how whats going to happen till it does and I have done this twice now when the power has been out for a couple days. Once in the winter and once in the dogs days of summer.
Like anon said said, not all of us live in places where restorative services are like yours.
My preparation was cheap because I took my time and learned things. I didn't waste thousands on commercial foods sold online, I didn't buy stupid shit to live underground for years. I basically have a large food panty that rotates itself so always fresh and the guns, ammo and gear is shit I would have had anyway cause operationally operating.
The solar panels, converters and battery field set up was expensive as fuck but smart money spent because I have enough fresh meat vacuum packed in two deep freezers to keep us happy a year easy and a lot of that was stuff I bagged my self. Having a cool or warm room to sleep in at night keeps morale high friendo.
Fuck your cost analysis, I'll be comfy, clean and well fed if the feces ever hits the oscillation.
>>
>>32577204
>New Hampshire passed a fucking law barring them from ever "just showing up" and taking command of resources.

FEMA has to be requested to step in by the local authorities. They don't just airdrop in at random.
>>
>>32579687
>FIFO system
Not just saying rotating, newfag.
>>32579847
>On one side you got a few weeks experienced by a few hundreada of people
OK, now I know you're trolling. There are millions starving to death right now because of a failed socialist gov in south america and no real help in sight. You keep on trollin though.
>Also note that I live in Mexico
Bullshit... your post is in English.
>>32580219
>FEMA has to be requested to step in by the local authorities. They don't just airdrop in at random.

Then why did I see it happen with my own eyes when no state of emergency was declared by the Governor nor the President friendo? You seem to think our federal departments of what ever follow any fucking rules at all. Like the one that bans the CIA from operating on US soil in any respect yet look how busy they have been in the Russian email scandal propaganda. They are conducting an investigation about a crime ON American soil and no one gives any fucks at all, you think FEMA or the DHS give a fuck about the Governor of a small states desires.

Had friends who got fucked pretty hard in NH years back during that ice storm. They went to a FEMA warming shelter and were told they couldn't bring weapons into a privately owned building that the owner allowed CCW in. When they came back with out their weapons they were told they couldn't leave after they entered and only the cops showing up and getting hostile made FEMA act like we are free men and women in this country.

Have a friend from Joplin MO who told me some fucked up things about gun confiscations and brutal treatment from them.
>>
>>32580373
Wtf have starving people in south america anything to do with prepping for disaster??

Ffs they aren't starving because they didn't buy a stock of MREs and solar panel like you, they are starving because they cannot afford food at all.
Venezuela is a whole other thing with the corrupt government deliberately destroying the state and its means of production. I don't know where you love but I'm pretty sure that that path is pretty much not happening in your country.

Also we are basically saying the same thing you and me.
Don't buy expensive stuff you will never use just in case of some completely improbable apocalypse scenario.
Think of all the people who build bunkers and bought months of freeze dried supply in case of nuclear winter. That money wasn't exactly well spent (unless you built it in the 60's where things were hot as fuck and it was reasonable to fear it).

If you like to go camping and have bought good gear that you regularly use but that could come in handy for a disaster situation, I find that smart.
If you live in a remote place or in an at-risk place (hurricane/tornado corridor, earthquake zone etc) having a bigger stock of food and more expensive hardware makes sense because there are chances you'll face some trouble.

But stockpiling 24months of MREs and a dozen crate of ammunition in your basement so you can turn your suburb house in a castle during the next zombie invasion is retarded.

Think of prepping as an insurance.
Is it worth paying thousands of dollars a year for an insurance that will cover you extensively in case of meteorite crash on your car VS paying less for one that only covers fender benders and normal accidents.
Of course if a meteorite actually crash on your car you will be happy you have this insurance, but you have to weight the cost vs the probability.

I'll be thinkin of you, eating hot fresh meals, every day that a disaster requiring you to live off the grid completely does Not happen.
>>
>>32566199
There is something wrong with you, either completely retarded of commie big gov socialist bernie voter but FUCKING GOD are you rewriting history with that post.
If you want to learn about the real story go read this.
>https://www.zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16627
>>
>>32580785
>Wtf have starving people in south america anything to do with prepping for disaster?
>FFS they aren't starving because they didn't buy a stock of MREs and solar panel like you, they are starving because they cannot afford food at all.
The collapse of their dollar, the food resupply to their stores dissapearing and their hospitals running out of anything are NOTHING LIKE SHIT HITTTING THE FAN? Then WTF do you think SHTF means hippie.
You must be one of those occupy retards left over from the klankening threads. Why do commies like to hang on the most conservative board on the chan.
>Venezuela is a whole other thing with the corrupt government deliberately destroying the state and its means of production.
What the fuck do you think the commie Obama administration has been trying to do here for the last 8 years with Obamacare completely fucking up our entire health industry and his 2,700 anti corporate, anti profit making regulations. He signed another 170 since Trump won in November FFS. The assholes he has appointed to the FED Reserve are going to raise the fuck out of the prime lending rate and fuck Trump in his ass a few days after he takes office and you think it could never happen here? HAHHAHAAH faggot..
>Think of all the people who build bunkers and bought months of freeze dried supply in case of nuclear winter
Stop watching doomsday preppers anon. The prepper community isn't like that at all. Maybe the first three or four episodes were mostly or even kind of true but fucking rolling cumfarts we are nothing like that. Your average prepper is your neighbor. We number in the many tens of millions now and have learned to never open our fucking mouths about any thing ever.
>>
>>32577380
>We brought a couple hundred gallons of water we had pre treated and stored
altruism, cuckoldry, begging for validation
>>
Ask anyone that lived during the great depression what they think about having a stash of essentials.

Anybody with any common sense should be able to survive atleast a few months with what they have on hand. We live in an age of excess, there is no reason not to put some aside just in case.
>>
Prepping is a joke. It's a dying fad. Thankfully.

Being prepared however is never a bad idea. Just this last week my town has had 9 small tornadoes and the local river is about 14 ft above flood plain. This is normally an uneventful and peaceful area, but there are people here now who have gone on a week now without power.

Shit happens. Every day. If you carry a gun for the eventuallity that bad shit happens and you might need to kill someone, you need to take a long hard look at yourself if you're also disinterested in stocking food and medical supplies.
>>
>>32562146
During hurricane katrina I had a friend whose grandpa had to shoot this thug who broke his window and tried to break in his house. Cops came and took the body away, no questions asked. SHTF every time there's a hurricane on the Gulf Coast.

Prepping is a necessity.
>>
>>32580973
I have at least three hundred two and three liter bottles of filtered treated water stored at all times. I have everything my family uses on a regular basis for about 18 months right now and plenty of things that could be used for barter or for deserving people to get by on. I have as home made solar power station that would cost probably ten grand if bought as a package.
I have emergency medical supplies and all of us are well trained on their use. I can shave a peach with a straight razor and stich chicken skin just fine.
I know dozens of other families just like mine. Just because you;re lazy or stupid enough not to be ready for that rainy day doesn't mean we're idiots for being prepared.
>altruism, cuckoldry, begging for validation
SO helping neighbors in need is a pussy move? Yep, you that faggot who will either be begging or looting when all the grape drink and chips are gone from the convenience store and KFC stops opening.
>>32581017
>Ask anyone that lived during the great depression what they think about having a stash of essentials.
My grandparents never STFU about it. I guess thats why my father and now myself prep. It doesn't take much for a nation with a fiat currency to go dark. One horrible day on wall street and the world becomes very unfriendly.
>>32581055
>Prepping is a joke. It's a dying fad. Thankfully.
>Being prepared however is never a bad idea.
Make up your mind fag. How can you be prepared with out prepping? AYYY
>>
>>32558911
Prepping is cheaper than paying year after year of car/health insurance, and more useful.

Even if the world doesn't end, you've got food, guns, and sweet camping gear out the ass
>>
>>32580373
>Then why did I see it happen with my own eyes when no state of emergency was declared by the Governor nor the President friendo?

What year and month, friendo?
>>
>>32581686
I have clear citation but for some reason I don't want to dox myself today. I have links to video og the tornado taking a subdivision away and a local paper carrying the story of problems with FEMA and them being "asked" to leave . I have posted pretty much all my personal info here a few times but for some reason ITT I get a felling I shouldn't.
>>
>>32572747
where's your blonde and blue eyes wife with more than two kids anon, you seemed really worried :^)
>>
>>32581844
I'm not interested in doxxing you,friendo. I was going to cross reference with the published list of FEMA activations for NH.

https://www.fema.gov/disasters/grid/state-tribal-government/33
>>
>>32583001
I could link the article about how hostile and aggressive FEMA employees were. There were named witnesses and a vague statement by the Sheriff but it also has my name as I wrote it. It's one thing for some people to know who I am from meet ups it's another to post a link to my livelyhood. Can't do it.
>>
>>32583643
Like I said, I'm not interested in doxxing you. The point I was working toward was that there probably had been a disaster declaration, and subsequent request by locals. But then FEMA came in and started pissing all over the place and generally acting like the ugly Americans.

It appears, from my cursory research, that the law might have changed. FEMA might be able to activate based on a Presidential disaster declaration. That shit is just plain wrong.
>>
>>32584514
New Hampshire passed a law saying they would arrest any federal agent acting outside of the law, try their case in state court no matter what any federal judge said and make them serve their time in a NH state prison, again no matter what any federal court ruled. The state legislature was that pissed about how shitty the people were treated. Basically help prisoner once they entered a warming shelter or sought food until the disaster was declared over. Who the flying fuck do they think they are. We are the live free or fucking die state FFS.

IIRC the only three no votes were from recently elected massholes who had moved to counter the free state project and NH has a huge legislature for such a tiny population.
>>
I live in a poor Appalachian area with less than 10,000 people inside the whole county. Recently there was major flooding resulting in the loss of power, natural gas, and water for about three weeks.

Over five hundred people were rendered homeless in my county alone, that we know of. Lots of people live off the grid here and some people are still missing. You don't see them on the official casualty count because they were never enough of a part of society that people know they are gone. We still have hermits, moonshiners, old ladies who live in shacks that would in another day and age have been called "witches" and the like.

Anyway, what I lived through was a legit shit-hitting-the-fan situation. The tool that saw the most use wasn't a gun (but I did get in a firefight, can greentext if you're interested) but a West German trench spade from 1965 my uncle gave me. When the water tore down my sewer pipes I was able to dig a latrine, when my gas line blew up I was able to dig a fire pit to cook food in, not to mention all the use it saw cleaning half-made-of-shit chemically polluted sludge from the inside of my house.

The moral of the story is this: A gun is important but it's just one of many tools you need to survive. A gun won't fix your gas lines or cook your food, you need many many tools to make it out to the other side in one piece.

SHTF survivor here, ask me anything.
>>
>>32583643
>FEMA might be able to activate based on a Presidential disaster declaration.
>That shit is just plain wrong.
That shit is just plain illegal. Many laws on the books are unconstitutional but until they get challenged by someone with deep pockets or a state there they stand.

Remember what Sen Diane Fuckstain said about it's not the legislatures job to worry about the constitutionality of the laws they write and vote on it was the responsibility of the courts to decide that....FUCKERS
>>
>>32584620
>can greentext if you're interested
Are you really going to make us ask brother?
>>
>>32558911
Can someone help me out with a good prepping backpack that will last 10+ years.

It needs to be a tough material like 1000D Cordura nylon, should be relatively lightlight, and it can't have any zippers.

Those are literally my only requirements.
>>
>>32558911
Nothing fucking happens in Michigan, not even progriots, even the blacks are well-mannered and keep their criminal elements contained outside of operating hours. The weather is unpredictable but basement flooding and the yearly roof-ripper isn't exactly prep worthy.

This state is fucking weird.
>>
>>32562277
It isn't happening because everyone expects it to happen, like Y2K.
>>
>>32585760
>Nothing fucking happens in Michigan
Come hang out on eastern 6 mile homeboy. Lets see how much nuffin happens to your white ass. Dumb little bitch has no idea who he is fucking with.
>>
>>32579687
production and retail do it too, finfag
>>
>>32585774
Nah bra, race war is gonna happen. You just wait for the fun and games all of Soros' little bastards have planned for inauguration day nation wide. All the riots / protests during the primaries and before the general election were just test runs and practice.
We may just have a full on habbening on our hands in a lot of places and you can't go to jail if you have people waving the flags of forieghn nations while they seem to be trying to overthrow our Government... that's called suppressing an invasion of your homeland. Stay frosty motherfuckers.
>>
>>32585803
I work with people like you, you alright, how 'bout some pizza and shootin shit at the pit? We can fight too, bring your friends as well, I like justifiable homocide.
>>
File: 1444674583454.jpg (187KB, 722x600px) Image search: [Google]
1444674583454.jpg
187KB, 722x600px
>>32585840
>>
File: Tyler Smith.jpg (33KB, 610x457px) Image search: [Google]
Tyler Smith.jpg
33KB, 610x457px
>>32569937
>implying the average /k/ommando would stand a snowball's chance in hell against this APEX PREDATOR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nn3PQJ9PHLY
>>
>>32585857
You may think you know but in reality you know only what I want you to think you know. I'm 4D bby.
>>
>>32585998
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2u33LHbJtU
>>
>>32579687
>FIFO = First In First Out for you non-financial fags.
FIFO isn't a financial concept. It belongs to lots of fields.
>>
>>32577422
>Tell me about this special place you live that never has anything bad happen anon,
Britian, north-east. The worst thing we ever have is a minor flood.
>>
>>32578005
>Anyone thinking about prepping could take that grand and be self sustaining for a year easy.
Do tell, are their any /k/ approved guides to self-sufficiency?
>>
>>32578595
>All that shit in Bosnia never happened and lets pretend how bad life got for the countries under the Iron Curtain before it finally collapsed. You are a fucking retard and here's your (you)
On a related note, isn't their some popular screenshot of an anon talking about his year in Bosnia? It seems pretty relevant for this thread. Anyone got it?
>>
>>32558911
SHTF not necessarily nationally, but certainly locally.

A landslide in the rockies, systematic flooding of counties, a tsunami, a critical infrastructure issue (your local power grid got killed wat do), earthquake, a hurricane a la Katrina 2.0, all are 100% possible and can result in local anarchy.

You need to hold out until order is restored.
>>
>>32558911
Of course it is kek. Lower class white people feigning like their opting out of the system. What a pussy form of protest
>>
Everyone should have basic stuff in preperation for prolonged power outages. I lose power probably once a year for about a week.

No different than having an insurance policy or a fire extinguisher. No different than justifying to CC a firearm.

Having the extra firearms and gear queer stuff is more of a hobby for me, than "prepping". Beyond a weeks worth of prep If I buy something I justify it with myself if I have multiple uses. If i buy a chest rig I like and I can use it for my hobby, and it works for prepping too? Cool. But I think for the average person it's hard to justify spending insane amounts of money on it.

To an extent I think it's more of a hobby to most preppers. Not really a waste of money if it brings them enjoyment, no different than buying an Atv or new car. But I think everyone should have atleast a weeks worth of stuff in case of an emergency. That's common sense to me.
>>
>>32587978
>having the basics
This. (although my power company is super reliable. Maybe a 1 hour outage every year or so due to insulators blowing out).

Most people are completely oblivious to just how dependent their lives are on having electricity. It is so god damn taken for granted.

The most important shit being the invisible electricity. The stuff you don't see the grid connection for, such as your running water. it's treated and pumped remotely. So when your lights go off your water still runs.

But if the entire grid went down, perhaps due to a major space weather event, the water stops. If you're lucky there might be enough residual water pressure to fill a few buckets.

Then of course any emergency food you have needs to be preparable. Canned goods obviously win out over all else because they are already cooked as part of the canning process. You can literally just pop them open and eat.

With the advent of household refrigeration the popularity of canned goods has gone down majorly though. Not many people actually have a full variety of canned goods on hand in case of an emergency.

Even "pre-cooked" frozen meals need to be heated somehow to avoid food-born illness.

And in the event of a prolonged civil infrastructure failure you want to save water as much as possible. So even if you have a camp stove to boil water, do you really want to be wasting it all to prepare your mr. noodles?

You should really keep at least a month worth of the basics on hand at all time. (Food, water, fire, hygiene)

Have a realistic rationing plan in mind. Like if you're a chubby fuck, don't think you're going to be able to do 1000 calories a day.
>>
>>32578131

Gummo
>>
>>32588658
>Most people are completely oblivious to just how dependent their lives are on having electricity. It is so god damn taken for granted.
Seriously, there must be some /k/ guides for this. Someone needs to start dumping.
>>
>>32590411
I get home in about two hours. Prepare for a dump then
>>
>>32590503
Top lad.
>>
>>32590503
>I get home in about two hours. Prepare for a dump then
Almost time. Get hype.
>>
>>32591393
>Get hype
Hype lost.
>>
>>32590786
>>32591393
>>32592299
Not even trolling but no dump. Free advise and my experience learned from hard lessens and learning from others hard lessons.
My parents ar what we call preppers but really they are just old school and first generation American. I have always lived with a large pantry of home caned gods, home made soaps and all things like that. Was just how it was but about 15 years ago I started thinking about a serious power grid failure and when that cascading failure happened in 2003 I was looking like a genius when we had cold food and power for the nice things.

So I'll talk solar first. Build your own solar station. Not a ton of knowledge required and after you buy the best converter just start gathering batteries. Marine are the best but make due. You can build a station and real nice battery farm for what a shit tier commercial system goes for. Mine is basically portable though I don't plan on traveling with it. I can break it down and set it back up fast but moving and resetting the battery field sucks balls.
>>
>>32592994
Won't waste a lot of time over this on /k/. I keep 2,000 rounds for my rifle and shells for the shotgun. mixed between rifled slugs and )) buck. I keep up to 4,000 rounds for my sidearm because I expect to use that is life ever becomes a never ending firefight more than a rifle. Same goes fro every member of my immediate family.
Parts kits and maintenance supplies.
Remember one is none and two is one.
and a gun is a net loss if you can't shoot well.
>>
>>32593051
Variety will ward off insanity. Can you imagine eating a meal menu with two or three items for an extended period of time? I mean all of us have been broke as hell and lived on ramen and tuna but popper nutrition will be much more important when hygiene and sleep are lacking.

MREs and that 25 year shelf life stuff.
Buy a bunch of MREs but always buy them from a busy site that sells them as the largest part of the merchandise. Just because they can be edible for a decade doesn't mean they are. They can good bad pretty quick if left in high heat. I keep at least ten cases of each menu and when I rotate it I sell the older stuff at a small loss to local milsurp stores. I try and keep the cases less than 3 years old and they are stored under optimal conditions.
The dehydrated stuff is getting better and better but if it isn't packed under a nitrogen blanket it's is only good for a few years. Make sure is states plainly the years of expected shelf life. The downside is the sodium content. I have at least 12 months for all of us right now and have started buying the higher end meals for variety.
Double you water intake when living on MREs and dehydrates with all that salt.

There are now dozens of smaller places making really excellent dehydrated stuff but it;s pricey. Look around online. One thing I always do now is Google "X brand sucks" specifically to get the bad reviews. If something is shit you can find out from the volume of negative posts.
>>
>>32593207
Food in metal cans.
Even if you buy the freshest cans possible these contain the least amount of nutrition of all the foods I will talk about. They are convenient as hell and don't cause life threatening constipation but that's about all. I keep a couple of flats of each vegetable and fruit we eat and just rotates as used, or FIFO as the elites say. KEK.
If you buy them at places like aldi when they have clearance sales they are about a third of the cost of regular store prices and canned by the same companies that can the name brands believe it or not.
Contrary to popular belief most canned goods stay edible for many years, they just lose the taste to the point it becomes bulk fiber and some salt. If a can is dented inspect it for oxidization on the inside , if you see even a speck toss it unless you are about to die of starvation.

Also learn the difference between actual canned foods and foods sold in cans. There is a big difference in the way they are processed and it matters
>>
>>32593313
Creating your own long shelf life foods.

It's simple once you screw up the first ten attempts. The costs up front can be scary but once you get set up it gets real cheap and in the end saves a ton of your free time. Prepping can take up the majority of you off time.
I always say buy once cry once. The great thing about the internet is there are a billion sites where you can learn from others mistakes.
**Warning.. you better figure out which sites are all legit filled with people discussing and sites set up to sell just one brand, prepping is a multi billion dollar industry and the greasy merchants are being greasy merchants all over.
Truth is youtube sites like that prepper nurse are excellent sources of info. Homesteading youtube channels are awesome cause you learn from their mistakes and you get to see stuff in use.
>>
>>32593396
Canning
We have a large pressure cooking that vacuum seals the jars under intense pressure. This stuff is the same food you cook yourselves and can sit on a shelf in a cool dark place for up to a couple of years depending on what kind of fats are in there. I'm prefer that you learn how to fish so to speak on your own because if you go this route you have to know what you're doing and you won't learn that from a thread on /k/.

Making dehydrated foods is another easy deal once you buy the equipment. They dryer you can get things the longer they last. Spend money on a dehydrator. Buy new, never ever used. Buy quality vacuum sealing machines and get several rolls of the bags because once you get going you will like the end results. You can vacuum pack anything, even a change of clothes which makes a weeks worth take up the space of a couple days and will always be dry. Dehydrated and vacuum packed foods take up like a tenth of the space of frozen foods and have very long shelf lives. You can figure out different recipes you like and you have your own mountain house. Just re hydrate with boiling water. We have been bringing our own packs of food camping for a long time and like them better than commercial products.
You really need to learn what your doing creating these food stores. I recommend finding the old fat ass housewives who have you tube channels for this or join a Mormon church. The Mormons used to be happy to teach others the skills but the fed gov made it illegal for some reason, strange
>>
>>32593570
Three can keep a secret of two are dead.
True story. We were members of the local chapter of the Zombiesquad years back. Great group of people and the website, though getting more and more lefty is one of the best libraries for preppers new and old.
So after being active members we got a bad vibe from someone who had joined a few monthes before. Turns out he was only there to learn where we lived. Like we were going to be a resupply for him. Guys really was doomsday level but we left the group over it and only stopped thinking about the guy after we moved.
Very few preppers are prepper for the end of the world. We are ready for bad natural disasters amd temporary WROL. Could have one of those on Inauguration day if hubub about the anarchists, BLM and the rest of the occupy protest industry comes true.

We keep pur mouths shut like we are thE French resistance in WW2. While foods supplies will always flow in the US we also know what has happened in other places and watched stuff go on on small scales here at home.
When people start to borderline starve all bets are off. You best friend know you have all that food and his kids are about to starve he will kill you. Some local LEO knows you have all that food he will come and take it long before everyone starts to starve "for the good of the community". Keep your mouth shut even from close relatives who aren't prepping as hard as your are. May sound cold and as autistic as fuck but that is what you are planning for. You need to come to terms with the ethics before hand anons.
>>
>>32559233
except S never H the F. even if you had all that shit, for something like Katrina, you'd still have to leave it behind when you have to evacuate.

to answer OP, yes, no, and yes.
>>
>>32594037
First, about Katrina. There are almost dozen people who sheltered in place during that ITT
>https://www.zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16627
Second tell me about evacuating after a massive snow fall or ice storm or after an earthquake destroys all avenues of escape.
SHTF comes in all shapes and sizes.
>>
>>32594037
If you live in a place where you might have to evacuate then a chunk of your prep shit should be portable to. Simple planning
>>
>>32592994
thanks for the posts m8
>>
>>32594480
I have some copy pasta from another thread. decent if slightly stale

Friendly advice to anyone who wants to survive society breaking down for whatever reason. Obviously the different ways that could come to be require very different preparations and it would take an entire thread to talk about all of them so read some books, check out the prepper forums and learn to survive.
I've been at this a while and unless we are overrun by a large armed group desperate enough to kill us for what we have my family could provide a failrly comfortable existence for well over a yearwith no power or place to procure new supplies.
We live in a smallish town and have relationships with other preppers going back over ten years. We are basically a mutual aid group and have helped locel emergancy service providers a few times when tornadoes have destroyed nearby communities.

This is the heart of prepping IRL. Just being ready and anyone who critisizes that is a chucklehead.
>>
>>32594657
First
To those who think prepping is a waste of time, ask yourself what the millions of people world wide who find themselves at the mercy of others when shit happens on their little piece of our rock would say about prepping if they knew shit was going to happen before it did. Would they have taken the time to be ready to provide for themselves, their families and maybe even others.
The only thing that anyone can say with absolute certainty is that natural disasters, social upheaval and the failure of governing bodies happens and usually happen with out a lot of warning ...for the masses at least.
Being able to provide food, water, things needed for good hygiene and even ways to entertain yourselves becomes the smartest move one can make when you think it all the way through.
Always be aware that a prepper will be harrassed from all sides. Those who desperately need to always feel safe hate them for making them look at the hard side of life.
Beaurocrats who honestly feel they alone have the right to protect us from ourselves and the terribly dishonest main stream media who never stop promoting the worst segment of our community never stop shaming us
. 70 years ago people had pantries for hard times, everyone had food for lean times, it was fucking common sense. Now suddenly people who take precautions are mentally defective?
>>
>>32594668
The second most important thing to keep in mind is that the prepper world is full of pirates. There are many who actively keep track of other preppers they meet in the community who plan on raiding other preppers for their stockpiles. This is a real thing and hiding your power level at all times is of the utmost importance. Keep your mouths shut about your locations, equipment and people you know who also prep. If you end up at Morman level of preparations even the local police will take your supplies under the guise of redistribution and in fact congress have given FEMA the power to just that in cases of national emergency or Katrina like disasters. Preppers think it's just another form of welfare for lazy fucks, the starving masses will think it's the best idea ever. . HIDE YOUR POWER LEVEL.
I have heard stories of people who get active in prepper communities for the sole purpose of creating a database of places to go and steal food and supplies from, sort of like those inbred marauders from that anti prepper propaganda unreality TV series.
My personal experience with this comes from the few ZombieSquad meetings we attended and the different survivalist conventions we have gone to over the years Though no longer affiliated with the ZombieSquad I have not one single bad thing to say about them in general other than they have been infected with the same cultural marxist progressiveness that if fucking the planet up with their political correctness and hatred of old fashioned conservative family values.
>>
>>32594690
Now to the meat of the matter.
Simple short term preps are stupid easy to learn. Create a food panty that rotates the older stores as you replenish. Do the same for medical supplies and basic everyday hygiene needs,... hygiene is more important than many people think. In times of lasting crisis deep scratches become life threatening when you have no medical help to fight infection. Remember... lots of people used to die from skin infections becoming septic.
There are thousands of books, thousands of websites where you can learn what you need to at your own pace and in my opinion all of that knowledge has great value even if some of the people trying to share it are cringe worthy.
I'll say that I sleep better at night having the ability to make very dirty water consumable for as many as 100 people a day. I learn the location of as many local sources of water as I can and researched how to clean it up. Being the guy who can give people fresh water will go a very long way to make and keep friends if life gets really hard. Being able to wash your body, your clothes and the equipment you cook and eat with keeps moral up and diseases at bay.

Think about ways to make yourself indispensable and you will not only live longer you will live better.
>>
>>32594706
Now about total SHTF societal break down preparedness.
This is something the entertainment industry loves to hype though many uoof us would be able to go on living ... for a while with out society being reorganized.... l semi successfully.
I doubt anyone here is interested in making the kind of sacrifices needed to be ready for that or you already would be doing it.That kind of happening is hell on earth for the US. 350million people who can't feed themselves is a horror movie even the most twisted minds couldn't write. Cannibalism, rampant and chronic diseases, small gangs becoming larger and more organized, local small governments becoming small dictatorships taking care of their own at the expense of the weak. This is something no single family can prepare for unless they can truly go grey man and stay out of sight for a year or more until the dust settles.

You may not like to think about that but it remains the truth of the situation.
>>
>>32594657
Your first info was a lot better. I will definitely note the "hide your power level". Thanks for all this, I'm actually going to make space for food now and mark some containers for rotating.
>>
>>32567336
Good idea. Should work out just fine.
>>
>>32594960
I keep saying I'm going to put together a bunch of posts with links and infographs for prepper threads but they almost never have any interest.
>>
>>32593889
Good advice thank you
>>
Wow, I did not expect this thread to still be alive. Good just guys.
>>
>>32593313
>Also learn the difference between actual canned foods and foods sold in cans.
Where do I start?
>>
Dumb question, but do I need to/how will I stockpile washing up liquid? Gotta wash those dishes somehow.
>>
>>32587800
>isn't their some popular screenshot of an anon talking about his year in Bosnia? It seems pretty relevant for this thread. Anyone got it?
It's fake.
>>
>>32599543
Yes, it's a good idea to have a supply of dish soap. Easiest way is to get a couple of those half gallon jugs of Dawn dish soap that Costco sells. Alternately, a comparable amount of Dr. Bronner's Castile Mint Soap. I have both, because I use them for different things, although either works well for everything I use them for.

You definitely want to avoid generic dollar store dish soap. The 2 brands that I mentioned are concentrated, so a little bit goes a surprising long way. As in, 3 drops gives you a good shaving lather. A quarter teaspoon is enough to give you a headful of suds, provided you don't have long hair. Tablespoon is enough to lather your whole body. Two tablespoons will do a load of laundry. And so on.

You also want to learn how to make your own soap. It's not hard, it just takes patience. All you need are lye, water, and a fat. Cooking oil works as the fat. You can buy lye, or make it. All it takes to make lye is wood ashes and water.

Once you're set up to make your own soap, you might as well learn homebrewing and distilling. Mead is the easiest because it doesn't require cooking.

Once you're at soap and homebrewing/distilling, you have all of the pieces necessary to make biodiesel. All that's left is to learn how to grow the crops to give you the sugars, starches, and fats to make all of this stuff.
>>
>>32599740
>Once you're at soap and homebrewing/distilling, you have all of the pieces necessary to make biodiesel.
From washing dishes to making diesel in one post.

This is why I love /k/.
>>
>>32599889
I'm still working on getting from firemaking to powered flight in 2000 characters or less.
>>
>>32600259
Can't you just make a steampunk plane?
>>
>>32600899
Thinking more along the lines of a Zeppelin
>>
File: 3 gun knock knock.jpg (105KB, 727x527px) Image search: [Google]
3 gun knock knock.jpg
105KB, 727x527px
>>32585998
Isn't that the guy that got arrested and convicted for firearms possession because he was a felon when they were filming his segment? He is a Pederast right?

Him being a fatty boombolaty is just a bonus i guess
>>
>>32575806

And non-WASPs are fried like it's a KFC in Japan.
>>
>>32579687

I worked at See's and that was a thing. It's nothing special, you stupid moronic retard.

FIFO yourself.
>>
>>32579680
>You will be second world soon faggot.
This is literally impossible.
>>
>>32606765
Chicago is a third world country m8.

Texas and colorado, not as much.
>>
>>32607128
No like it's actually impossible by definition. A second world country is an industrial country that was formerly aligned with the Soviet Union.
>>
>>32558911
Is being prepared to deal with hardship, wartimes, and post war aftermath a meme? Only if your country will never experience another war on your soil.
>>
>>32602320
LOL yep funniest one I've ever seen though. I mean seriously this fkin guy wanted to perform a c section on his wife and then use chlorform as his anesthetic
>>
>>32607348
>LOL
>>
>>32572189
>chicago isnt even policed anymore.

Fuck off.
>>
File: 1469535777718.jpg (473KB, 2048x1408px) Image search: [Google]
1469535777718.jpg
473KB, 2048x1408px
Okay the Ultimate Prepping Flow Chart

>Should you stock up on atleast a months supplies at minimum? Probably 3 months or 6 months?
Do you have the space to store it?

>Yes
Buy supplies that are mostly non perishable and swap em out when they get older (bottled water has a shelf life). Decision matrix on basic supplies makes having atleast some shit on hand the best option with no downsides.

>No
If you don't have the space make sure you have atleast 2 weeks supplies on hand at any given time and make the space for it. This is two weeks over "oh I need to do a grocery run" - this is easy to achieve with cereals, canned goods, peanut butter, etc etc etc
And that's it! That is all you need to do to prep. It's not rocket science!
>>
>>32610401
>Okay the Ultimate Prepping Flow Chart
Disagree.
>>
File: everything sucks.png (564KB, 801x773px) Image search: [Google]
everything sucks.png
564KB, 801x773px
>>32578498
>we're from the .gov
>we're here to help
>>
>>32559255
You're an idiot. That's clearly Fox Mulder.
Thread posts: 175
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.