[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Panther tank

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: panzer468_v-vierspaltig.jpg (118KB, 760x428px) Image search: [Google]
panzer468_v-vierspaltig.jpg
118KB, 760x428px
What ever happened to the Panther that was seized by the German army?
>>
>>32558359
put back into service
>>
>>32558371
Put back into what service?
>>
>>32558359
After inspection it was revealed that items (also including a torpedo and a 8.8 Flak) where not demilitarised probaly. He will highly likely never see this stuff again and porblay face jail time. The Panther will probaly end up in a museum.
>>
>>32558431
No, it will be destroyed, if it hasn't already been.
>>
Pretty sure it all ended up in museums.
Even though if I remember the story correctly, he had it legally, everyone knew he did, and nobody cared.
Really no charges that could be filed against the guy.
>>
>>32558442
The army demilitarized it, they haven't transferred it to any museum or collection yet.
>>
>>32558463
having machine guns with several thousand rounds of ammo gets you in jail.
and this guy had even more stuff.

wouldn't be surprised if the tank came into the army's tank museum in munster or military collection in koblenz or military history museum in dresden.
>>
>>32558463
He had it "legally" under the condition it was properly demilitariesed, which now turned out to be not the case. There is an active lawsuite going against him right now.

google translate from german site since i could not find an english one:
https://translate.google.de/translate?sl=de&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=de&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.shz.de%2Fregionales%2Fschleswig-holstein%2Fpanorama%2Fpanzer-im-keller-staatsanwaltschaft-erhebt-anklage-gegen-besitzer-id15752921.html&edit-text=&act=url
>He stressed, "World war weapons are not all demilitarized according to the guidelines." That means they were still functioning.
>When the trial begins before the Landgericht Kiel, is still open.
>>
Why is nobody allowed cool things anymore?
>>
>>32558509
>>32558527
Were there attempts to demilitarize them? The wording makes me think they would never work again but some tiny detail made them non-compliant with the law.

Even so if it's just a lawsuit then he will not face any jailtime. Just a big fine.
Maybe give the guy a position at whatever museum his tank ends up in so he can give tours and tell stories.
>>
>>32558580
>The wording makes me think they would never work again
From the article:
>>That means they were still functioning.
What is there not to understand, your whole post sounds more like wishful thinking.
>>
>>32558580
http://www.spiegel.de/panorama/justiz/kiel-staatsanwaltschaft-erhebt-anklage-gegen-panzer-besitzer-a-1128597.html

>he had a 8,8 flak canon, a torpedo, a mortar, mashine and assault rifles, pistols and ammo for it
>>
>>32558359
What pisses me off is the dude was just minding his own business and not bothering anybody with it. It's not like the tank was going anywhere, the fucking thing had no tracks on it and hadn't run since the 70's.
>>
>>32558403
The Fatherland.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.