[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Colt Cobra

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (35KB, 848x477px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35KB, 848x477px
What the fuck were they thinking.
>All stainless steel
>Can't chamber 357
Why would you want a 25 ounce 38 that's too large to pocket carry.
Not to mention they shit on the classic lines of the old colt revolver with this new fucky looking trigger guard. Oh and it's 700 dollars.
Other than the pony on the side plate why would anyone buy this?
>>
File: image.jpg (158KB, 1452x792px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
158KB, 1452x792px
It's not like they haven't made a 6 shot 357 on the DS II frame.
>>
Love how they don't call it a detective special anymore just to shit on the consumer just a little bit more
>>
Stop buying their shit then. Capitalism will take care of the companies that do listen.
>>
>>32555998
.38 Special is better than .357 Magnum. For most situation you will never need a .357. Cops did just fine with .38 Special from 1899 all the way until the 1990s.

That's why most of the revolvers I own are in .38 only.

>>32556090
The Colt Cobra and Detective Special are two completely different Revolvers. The Cobra was designed to be a cheaper Detective Special.
>>
>>32556238
I would still like the ability to shoot .357 through a revolver
Even then, why give it a steel frame if its going to .38 +p rated and then name it after the Cobra?
>>
>>32556238
>The Cobra was designed to be a cheaper Detective Special.
No, it was designed to be a lighter one. Neither of these guns were cheap in their day.
>>
>>32556267
I really wouldn't recommend a .357 load out of a 20 and change oz revolver.
>>
>>32555998
fuck that id just get a sp10q
>>
>>32556289
I would
But the sadest part to me is that these new models are incompatible with Colt D frame grips
>>
File: image.jpg (97KB, 564x771px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97KB, 564x771px
>>32556238
The colt cobra was never cheaper it was always an alloy frame detective special
>38 is better than 357 because I said it is
Get the fuck outta here
>>32556289
It's actually 25 ounces.
I shoot pdx1 357 in my M&P 340 all the time it's not that big of a deal
>>
>>32555998
>Colt trying to be relevant again
>Comes out with a heavier .38 special version of the Kimber K6 because MAH NOSTALGIA
Colt pls. I wanna like you but everything you make is stupidly expensive, made better by other manufacturers, or both.
>>32556238
>.38 special > .357
In what fucking world?
>Which is why they did cops just fine until the 1990's
Which is why the Registered Magnum/Highway Patrolman/27/28 and later Combat Magnum/19/66 were so popular among lawmen, yes? Also, FBI shootout.
>>
File: 357.jpg (252KB, 1024x652px) Image search: [Google]
357.jpg
252KB, 1024x652px
>muh .357

It's a pain to shoot it out of any snubnose, even if you've practiced enough to be able to do it well.

The whole "it doesn't offer a lot more power over .38 +P in a snubnose" thing is pure fuddlore, as .357 is a lot more powerful even out of a snubnose, but what is true is that it will drastically increase your time between followup shots, screw up your night vision if you're firing in darkness (see pic), and cause permanent hearing damage if you fire it without earpro in an indoor space.

Given the tradeoffs, both average people with only marginal training and competent snubnose pistoleros (ie can reliably shoot 2 inch groups at 15 yards with his snubnose) are almost always better served with .38 +P in a snubnose that's going to be carried. If you really feel that good shot placement is not enough and that you need more power, just get Buffalo Bore's LSWCHP load and carry that.
>>
>>32556238

>.38 is better than .357

You are literally retarded.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.