[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

His safety

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: ThisIsMySafety.jpg (25KB, 758x368px) Image search: [Google]
ThisIsMySafety.jpg
25KB, 758x368px
What did he mean by this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTalnzcO0xk
>>
It seems he was an undisciplined cowboy.

Apparently when they get off they fye yar' line, he's gonna need muh rangers.
>>
>>32554056
That he's an obnoxious retard who thinks regulations don't apply to him.
>>
He means he is one of those fucktards who says "NOt mY FalUT iT wAS aN ACciDEnT!!!" when an involuntary firing end up hitting one of his comrades.
>>
File: Who's hungry.jpg (305KB, 699x960px) Image search: [Google]
Who's hungry.jpg
305KB, 699x960px
>>
>>32554056
> Keep your booger hook off the trigger until its bang bang time...
>>
>>32554056
Needledicks seem to think not having a safety is a macho thing.

If a handgun has no external safety, the holster then becomes the safety. You negate several methods of storage (leaving it chambered in a drawer, gun shelf, glove box, etc without a holster) and also shouldn't re-holster it quickly.

With a rifle you should have the safety on because there are no holsters for rifles (pls don't post a scabbard) so shit can get in the trigger guard. Contrary to highly intelligent macho-man belief, your finger is not the only thing that can pull the trigger. Small sticks, rocks (if you drop it), pieces of clothing, jacket drawstrings, etc have been known to glockleg someone.
>>
Was this scene meant to highlight him as some sort of PTSD, ready-at-all-times nutcase?
>>
He's delta so he can do anything he wants because rule of cool or whatever
>>
>>32554299
it was meant to highlight the different institutional cultures across the 75th rangers and Delta

but in reality it came from Mark Bowden not understanding that you can't put an AR15 safety on while the hammer is forward.
>>
Weirdly enough, in the book, the Delta guys were autistic as hell about trigger discipline and safety use. It was the Rangers that started the "finger as my safety" thing, at least until somebody put their foot down.
>>
>>32554062
>>32554112
>>32554284
You're all retarded. Delta guys are very professional, and you'd know that if you read Battle of Mogadishu by Matt Eversman who was actually there.

Also it was the Delta guy making Ranger guy look like an idiot as you can't physically engage the safety in an AR with the hammer down and an empty chamber
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.