[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Required reading

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1481538629565.png (717KB, 485x738px) Image search: [Google]
1481538629565.png
717KB, 485x738px
Let's talk and post about books that are /k/ related. I just want to read stuff.

- A Nightmares prayer (A harrier pilot memoirs)

- No lack of Courage by Colonel Horn

- Combat Leaders Field Guide
>>
Leadership and training for the fight

Book of two guns

Tao of jeet kun do
>>
>>32552467
Beyond Neptune spear
>>
>>32552467
Sitting ducks is pretty short if I remember correctly.
>>
>>32552467
Bumping
>>
>>32552467
>Infantrie Greift An by Erwin Rommel
It's motherfucking Rommel.

>Poilu by Louis Barthas
Nice view of the trenches of WWI from the view of one of the many soldiers just trying to survive it. Less tactics, more trenchfoot, if you will.

>Guns, Germs, and Steel by Jared Diamond
It's not really /k/-specific, but holy fuck you all need something to balance out /pol/'s ever-encroaching stormfag bullshit. Basically, it deals with how environmental determinism gave Europe a massive advantage in colonization and pretty much dictated the rough course of human history.
>>
Red Badge of Courage by Stephen Crane
Legionnaire by Simon Murray
With the Old Breed by Eugene Sledge
>>
Bump for guides
>>
Storm of Steel is probably one of the best military autobiographies
>>
>War Made New
>Savage Wars of Peace
>Invisible Armies

All by Max Boot, War Made New is the most focused on weapon development but also discusses the importance of doctrinal changes to take advantage of new tech. The other two books are about insurgencies with Savage Wars of Peace focused on American "small wars" in 19th and 20th centuries. Invisible Armies is an exploration of insurgencies throughout human history.
>>
Guerilla warfare handbook by Che Guevara is a pretty good read.

If you're too afraid to have your political sensibilities triggered you can even skip the part where he talks politics and just focus on how to construct molotov cocktails and why a pipe is one of the most important pieces in your guerillero kit.
>>
>>32555528
Fuck, reading opposing political opinions is usually a good practice anyway. Helps prevent you from falling into an echo chamber.
Sad thing is that both sides of the political spectrum gave their heads too far up their asses to consider for even a second that they might be wrong. Tumblr and /pol/ are oddly similar in that respect, nowadays.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.