[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Law Enforcement Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: Boston Police Department.jpg (85KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Boston Police Department.jpg
85KB, 1280x720px
Why did law enforcement become the quintessential Irish job in the USA? How did that manage to happen?

What police departments are represented on /k/?
>>
It was only really the Irish job when the Irish flooded New York and needed jobs.
>>
>>32548860
Irish people flooded into New York, Philadelphia and Boston in the 1800s and after a while departments figured that the guys who were brought up hard and loved a good scuffle could be preventing trouble instead of starting it.
Lots of Irish guys being cops is probably one of the main ways they were able to assimilate and not be seen as "White niggers" anymore.
>>
>>32548860
Fuck the police. I'm tired of be harased for drinkin a few beers and drivin home
>>
>>32549856
Same exact thing for Italians really.
>>
The Irish were the original american mafia before the Italians and Jews arrived at the turn of the 20th century, the Irish were BTFO by the Italians and Jews and had to resort to becoming cops
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_Mob

>Irish-American street gangs such as the Dead Rabbits, led by future Congressman John Morrissey, and Whyos dominated New York's underworld for well over a century before facing competition from other, primarily recently arrived Italian and Jewish gangs, during the 1880s and 1890s. Although gang leaders such as Paul Kelly of the Five Points Gang would rise to prominence during the early 1900s, gangs such as the Hudson Dusters and the Gopher Gang would remain formidable rivals during the period.

>In the early 1900s, with Italian criminal organisations, such as the Morello crime family, encroaching on the waterfront, various Irish gangs united to form the White Hand Gang. Although initially successful in keeping their Black Hand Italian rivals at bay, a ruse of unstable leadership and infighting would be their apparent downfall.
>>
File: 1449178749678.jpg (144KB, 900x652px) Image search: [Google]
1449178749678.jpg
144KB, 900x652px
>>32549877
>>
>>32549923
And then, Whitey Bulger happened
>>
>>32549877
Just run your car into a tree. That will solve the problem.
>>
>>32550077
I had a truck. Can't drive it till I get my license back
>>
>>32549877
>>32550092
I hope you get your licence back, get caught drunk driving again, and get Rodney King'd by the cops that arrest you.
>>
>>32548860
>There once was a time when police weren't worshipped by cowering masses
>There was once a time where my Mick brothers were considered ginger niggers

Academic really, same reason my Juden brethren went into banking, it was a dirt job.

>tfw you are both a Jew and a leprechaun
>>
>>32550106
Im white they dont beat up white ppl here. When I get my licence back im moving up to be a wrecker driver.
>>
>>32550123
A.... a Hebrechaun? So you get to eat delicious kosher deli food *and* slam lots of Guinness?
>>
>>32550060
Hilariously enough, Whitey happened because he was helping the cops get rid of the Italian mob in Massachusetts, and then moved to fill the power vacuum they left behind.
>>
>>32550159
Not him, but we're surprisingly common in the northeast.

Also the correct term is "greenbagels."
>>
>>32550130
>when you think you can get a cdl after getting a dui
kek
>>
>>32550159
Eh, never like Guinness, but some whiskey and bagels sounds comfy as a warm oven.
>>
>>32550233
U dont need CDL for a tow truck
>>
File: potato merchant.png (61KB, 501x684px) Image search: [Google]
potato merchant.png
61KB, 501x684px
>>32550247
Early springtime is the best time though.
>Passover AND St. Patrick's Day
I get one grandmother making her seder dinner complete with matzah ball soup and homemade charoset, and the other one making shepherd's pie and Irish soda-bread with raisins.

>mfw the middle of March rolls around
>>
>>32550233
...and you can get a CDL post dui.
>>
>>32550287
>>32550233
>>32550130
Class A CDL here, I have a coworker that has had 2 DUIs since getting his CDL. Its all about money, and he makes about 120k.

One of my dad's friends had something like 7 DUIs/DWI's from the 1970s to the 1990s. On the last one the judge told him if he sees him again he will do real prison time, no more baby jail bids.

>>32550266
If its over 26,000 lbs and has air brakes you do. Well, if you get pulled over that is.
>>
>>32550363
I'm not starting on a big wrecker. You start on a Ford f350 or lowboy.
>>
>>32550204
Yep. Black Mass did a great job of portraying that.
>>
>>32549923
Good ol' Irish like a fight and a drink. They don't like to fuck around playing dipsy daisy love your enemy. It's a weakness more than a strength in a heavily regulated world
>>
>>32554398
they call it the paddy wagon cause so many drunk irishmen named paddy were thrown in the back
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.