[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How friendly is Virginia with guns? Currently live in PA and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

File: va-welcome.jpg (247KB, 800x572px) Image search: [Google]
va-welcome.jpg
247KB, 800x572px
How friendly is Virginia with guns? Currently live in PA and enjoy it but moving means more money.Thanks
>>
>>32548548
Virginia is gun friendly, you can buy all the same guns you like in PA, you can buy them in VA too, your CCW should not be a problem. Only difference will be, the NOVA (Northern VA, like near DC) is more police-state like, and you won't see many whites in NOVA like in small town PA. Richmond oh boy I heard it like Pittsburg.

Southern and rural VA should be just like PA.

You can bring all your guns from PA with you, just be careful crossing Maryland, not a gun friendly state.
>>
>>32548548
VA fag here.
I walked into a gun shop, walked out 15 minutes later with my AR, 500 rounds of ammo, and 5 mags to break it in. Southern VA, and Appalachian VA are pretty bro tier. I go out into my woods and shoot all the time, no issues from any of my neighbors. Richmond area is shitty unless you're a nig or a hipster, Norfolk area is pretty fun, but not much gun stuff to do out there, and then there's the rest of the state.
>>
>>32549370

> the place where the NRA is headquartered is a police state

wew lad
>>
>>32549370
I'm gonna counter argue for nova.
We have a lot of rich white people with spare money for funs.
>>
>>32548548
276 reporting.
You have to take a pistol safety class to get your CCW. Cost me $75 and 8 hours of my time.
Otherwise its pretty great. 30 rd mags, no waiting periods, no need to register your firearms. Private firearm sales have almost no regulation. I bought a mini 14 at a flea market.
>>
>>32548548
To change the subject, NY fag here wanting to move to PA. Would Erie or Bradford be a decent place to live?
>>
>>32548548
>How friendly is Virginia
Virginia is for lovers
>>
VA NOVA fag here. VA is just lovely. our non resident ccw has nice reciprocity too.
>>
Thanks for the replies. There are three different openings around the state so not quite sure what area just kind of getting a broad stroke. Other than firearms is it a decent place to live? Hoping we move to a smaller town cause that's where I have lived all my life but time will tell
>>
>>32549549
NOVA might as well be a different state.

It's infected with a bunch of faggy liberals from DC.
>>
>>32549626
little middle of nowhere but otherwise fine. Also, vote Red pls.
>>
Going 15mph over the speed limit will net you a year in prison.

Going 5mph over gets you an $80 ticket.
>>
>>32549733
That's something else.

Virginia is the worst state I've been in about setting speed traps and ambushing drivers, especially out of staters.
>>
>>32549661
It's an excellent state. There's a lot of shooters that live here since the NRA is headquartered here, and there and there's no shortage of ranges. Plus, there's a thousand yard range in Quantico and right across the border in West Virginia if that's your thing.
>>
Keep in mind that the Old Dominion is unfortunately moving more and more to the left, because DC is spreading.
>>
>>32549751
I've seen more cops per mile in VA than any other state I've driven through.
>>
Small town central VA here. It's comfy as fuck and cost of living is low. A lot of people are into guns around here, most of my coworkers are.
>>
>>32548548
>guy near me does FFL transfers for 20 bucks
>ammo is decently cheap
>open carry is kosher

I think they fucked with the reciprocity laws recently though so that's annoying

But yeah, being a NOVAfag is suffering, especially living near a college campus
>>
>>32549690
Tidewater native here, can confirm.
>>
>>32549733
>>32549751
This, have to go through VA to see my dad in NC. They easily have the highest police presence out of any state ive been in. Also to note every fucking red light has a camera
>>
>>32549714
just what I like is the middle of nowhere, and is there any other color to vote for?
>>
>>32549424
I loved that about living in VA. I bought my 3 guns just like that. Walk in, see what I want, good price, and walk out with it.
>>
757 here. Hampghanistan to be exact.

Out West, as well as up North is nice. Avoid where I'm at though. Richmond is also a warzone.

Our gun laws are bretty gud. But ironically enough, I plan to move to PA from VA later on in life.
>>
>>32549733
Thanks for the heads up
>>
>>32549752
Looking forward to finding a solid range and some areas to hunt/fish
>>
>>32549751
HA!!! I can speed a little knowing that I have Virginia plates, and when I do get pulled over rurally I just start talking about how I was in the zone with Hank Williams or Johnny Cash.

This only works when I'm going less than 10 over.

Yes our state police fuck out of staters.
>>
>>32550376
PA is pretty decent. You can go 30 mins one way to take the lady shopping and 30 mins the other and be fishing some stream rapids with no one around
>>
>>32549424
Just moved in from FL. Where do you go inna woods to shoot?
>>
804 fag here. Richmond use to be a dirty nasty place where you needed a gun. Been gentrified, its aweful. Ill take nig crack dealers over hipster artisan mustard stores. But in all seriousness good state for gun ownership. I agree with my virginia fags nova totally diff state.
>>
>>32549690
>>32550318
From Hampton Roads. NOVA is complete cancer. Wish it would just be absorbed into DC already.
>>
>>32550376
Ayy 757 bro here too.
>>
>>32549370
>the NOVA (Northern VA, like near DC) is more police-state like

False, a huge portion of the population is white. Not saying there aren't any minorities because there are lots as well but if you stay out of the cities everyone is usually good people and gun friendly. Open carry laws here are great except when entering a city you would need CCW or people will freak out.
>>
>>32550376
HAHAHA we're so fucking close by, Bad News here.

Richmond is definitely ass.
>>
I grew up in Richmond. There's nothing bad to say about the gun rights, but like most cities these days you must beware of the liberals. There are a lot of blacks too, but there never bothered me none.
I've also never had a problem with cops on the road, but I also don't speed or drive like an dumb ass.

CCW cost me almost exactly $50. I was military so I didn't need a class, but my dad took a qualifying course online for like $20 and a couple hours time.
>>
File: Virginia.jpg (144KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
Virginia.jpg
144KB, 960x960px
>>32549370

>Only difference will be, the NOVA (Northern VA, like near DC) is more police-state like, and you won't see many whites in NOVA like in small town PA

Let me guess, you're from some shithole down south and got scared because you were in Falls Church and saw an Indian.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.