[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /k/ think of the Yugo SKS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: angled_photo_yugo_sks_cc_v2.png (100KB, 580x251px) Image search: [Google]
angled_photo_yugo_sks_cc_v2.png
100KB, 580x251px
And is $429 too much to pay for a like-new piece of Balkan history?

https://www.classicfirearms.com/yugo-sks-semi-auto-excellent
>>
>what does /k/ think of the Yugo SKS

It's a great rifle with great reliability and ruggedness, don't pay attention to the "muh chrome lined barrel" faggots.

>is $429 too much

I think so, but it's your money. I bought a Romy for $350, I think I payed too much for it, but I don't regret the buy.
It's a fantastic rifle that you will love until you die, but I think you could do better with just a little more money.
>>
>>32546007
Costs too much for what it is, but it woupd be nice to have
>>
The real question is what the other fudds at your range will think when they see you blasting
https://youtu.be/U-EQJA8Ahac
on your boom box on repeat while you shoot full body targets on the high power range
>>
>>32546007
Save more and into AK, later when you have $400 to piss away you can buy one.
>>
Last Yugo SKS I got was gorgeous but shot like shit. AKs are better in every way, but SKS holds a special place in every /k/ommando's heart.

>>32546063
>Costs too much for what it is
$350-400 for a semi-auto centerfire rifle.

It's the cheapest "what it is" on the fucking planet, you idiot.
>>
>>32546007
Get a chink sks. Costs the same and comes without the dildo attached and with a chrome lined barrel. Dont bother with the "get an ak" fags unless youve got $900 to spend on a good one.
>>
File: 1482442912000.gif (3MB, 444x250px) Image search: [Google]
1482442912000.gif
3MB, 444x250px
>>32546007
I bought mine for 150 in 2005, it's alright
>>
>>32546095
Yugo AKs are around $600. They are good rifles.

Please OP, if you're getting an SKS, get it because you want an SKS, not because you can't afford a WASR or NPAP.
>>
>>32546076
I'm a 30 year old Norman with plenty of cash to blow. This thing is an extra shift of OT for me.

>>32546095
>AK
As we speak, my Vepr 54R is in the mail.

I just want a smaller cartridge semi auto to dick around with at the range. I'm looking at the SKS as an alternative to a Ruger 10/22.
>>
>>32546151
OK then yeah, $430 is a little pricey, but for a Yugo not bad these days.
>>
>>32546122
Theyre perform the same as an sks except they can accept 30 round magazines and punch you in the cheek while using irons. Pony up for a converted vepr or arsenal or just get an sks.
>>32546151
Then an AR would be my recommendation but if the sks catches your eye, go for it. I would still recommend a chinese over a yugo though
>>
>>32546178
Theyre perform the same as a WASR except they are heavy and the finish flakes off. Pony up and have a custom AK built to your exacting standards or just get an sks.
>>
>>32546263
Except they dont. Theyre both well known quality brands with no serious issues, chrome lined barrels, and above acceptable accuracy for AKs. Try not getting assblasted when someone tells you that your low tier ak performs the same as a gun thats $250 cheaper.
>>
>>32546178
>AR
I used to autocross, and to me, the 5.56 cartridge is to shooting what the Miata is to amateur sports car competition: an incredibly well-written and versatile design that despite its ubiquity and potential for endless customization, couldn't leave me feeling more bored.

I've always had trouble getting into the intermediate cartridges. I learned to shoot on Anschutz diopter sight .22lr target rifles and M1 Garands, so I guess I ended up embracing .22lr and true high power cartridges for their very different abilities, and since I wasn't and don't plan on shooting people in Kevlar or clearing rooms in Fallujah, I always felt that intermediate cartridges felt sort of boring and pointless aside from being cheap and plentiful.

That makes it so that I'm order to grab and hold my interest, anything in 5.56 becomes more about the gun than about the cartridge, and while I do really like some of the endlessly customized high-floor custom AR's, stock sub-$1k AR's put me to sleep while not really being cheap, either.

And honestly, if I was going to spend >$1k on a 5.56 gun it would probably be a sig, an AUG, or maybe a SCAR or a Galil/Tavor.

Inb4
>muh snowflake gunz

Meanwhile, the SKS seems like a great dirt-cheap intermediate cartridge launcher in a slightly more interesting cartridge (7.62x39 was .300 blackout before it was cool) that comes in at half the price of any AR I'd even consider buying.
>>
>>32546263
>>32546178
>>32546311

What Eastern Bloc peashooter are we talking about again?
>>
>>32546311
Except they dont. Theyre both well known quality brands with no serious issues, chrome lined barrels, and above acceptable accuracy for AKs. Try not getting assblasted when someone tells you that your high tier ak performs the same as a gun thats $400 cheaper.
>>
>>32546007
>$429
Yugos were $200 two years ago and Russians were $500 at that time. Where oh where has the surplus gone.
>>
>>32546007
Really neat rifle, not so sure about the price. I love my sks and love using stripper clips to load guns, which is why I also have a cz vz58. It just adds a new layer of fun IMO.
You'll be bombarded by people with shtf delusions saying to get an ak, and a few sane people too. But if you like the sks better, that's all that really matters. I personally think the sks is the cooler rifle and more fun to use until you get up to the sgl/slr aks.
It's barrel is not chromed lined, so just be aware of that if you ever shoot corrosive ammo, which you probably won't. Just run an oiled bore snake through after every shooting session to be safe. It'll leave a protective layer.
>>
>>32546390
Fudds and other assorted retards?
>>
>>32546007
opap is better than npap

save up and get the opap

t. serbian

(taj osecaj kada amerikanci proseravaju se sa oruzije tvoju su koljeli muslimane sa)
>>
>>32546406
Hey, /k/ isn't that retarded
>>
File: pix578123018.jpg (39KB, 567x425px) Image search: [Google]
pix578123018.jpg
39KB, 567x425px
>>32546355
If Classic's Yugos are as nice as they claim, I'd be OK with the price. They're a cool rifle, albeit awkward.

Your points about ARs and AKs are well taken. Still, if PSA's slickside PTAC kit ever hits $299 again, I'll get one just for the shits and giggles of beating up a sub $400 AR.
>>
>>32546390
Canada.
>>
>>32546393
I baby my shit and would boresnake any gun after a session. That's just basic non-combat gun ownership.
>>
I think the woodgrain on the Yugos is superior to the Russian, but the Russian is superior in all other categories
>also the grenade launcher is A E S T H E T I C af
>>
I prefer my Yugo over my security forces marked Chicom, prefer the Sino-Soviet over the Yugo. I don't think I would pay $429 before shipping and transfer.
>>
>>32546569
This. You have to think that with S/H, transfer, and taxes it's going to be more around $500. $500 for any SKS unless it's a collector's piece is too expensive imo.
You have to realize that, much like the Mosin, the SKS was once popular because it was a cheap rifle that had inexpensive ammo. It's inferior to an AK or an AR but the SKS used to be a $150 gun while AKs were crapshoot $500 guns and ARs were beyond the wallet's reach of most poorfags (like us).
>>
>>32546007
Try this listing instead
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/611439665
And it's an a1 model
>>
>>32546389
>being this assblasted
>>
>>32546699
Good numbers, but an AK is an AK. Sure it's nice to have a smoother action, but in the context of what OP is asking, a WASR or similar is more than fine.
>>
>>32546711
All AKs are not equal and in the context of what op is asking, an sks is best. Even if op was looking for an ak, theres still no reason to get a wasr over a vepr or arsenal because hes stated hes got plenty of money.
>>
File: IMG_20170105_132640.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170105_132640.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>Was thinking of getting Yugo SKS
>Browsing /k/ one fine day, see a buy/sell thread
>/K/ommando in there wanting to sell his Russian SKS
>Buy it off of him for $460, it's in great condition
>Instead of getting a Yugo, got Russian for $30 more
Thank you based /k/ommando
>>
>>32546094
Eeh, just my opinion. I'd rather buy an amd65 for $499 instead of an sks for $429. Now if i found a nice sks for about $250, then that's a different story. Just my 2 cents
>>
>>32546427
Will this work???
>>
>>32548262
If loaded with a blank, definitely. 300-500 yard range.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.